How to deal with someone who is potentially in hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

needhugs

Flibbertyjibbet
Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
✟29,094.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
ok, if we MUST believe in hell, then at least know that it's not ETERNAL, look up that word in the concordance stuff... here is a website you can study hell on: What The Hell Is Hell?

also, here is another way of looking at the loving heart of God... tho it does take some courage to leave the mainstream, hand me down falsehoods

I actually had a vision of my dad in darkness with demonic eyes looking up at me with infinite hate... i would pray for Jesus to get him out of there, since i assumed that either the vision was false, or he had been tricked by demons at his death... one day Jesus told me in this really cool way that my dad was fine... so i have no probs about praying for someone... even tho i think the vision was false

• Haha
Reactions: Bruce Carr
Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
John believed in the Jewish concept of the Messiah as an apocalyptic figure who would destroy the enemies of Israel.

“A voice of one calling in the wilderness,

‘Prepare the way for the Lord;

make straight paths for Him.’

5Every valley shall be filled in,

and every mountain and hill made low.

The crooked ways shall be made straight,

and the rough ways smooth.

6And all mankind will see God’s salvation.”a

7Then John said to the crowds coming out to be baptized by him, “You brood of vipers, who warned you to flee from the coming wrath?

No wrath came, just a very nice Son of God.

No wrath came becaue it was not the time for wrath .

Did you notice what was not finished ?
Isaiah 61
1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;

2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;

and Luke 4:18

18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

20 And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.

21 And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.

Jesus left out the vengeance part .

Matthew 5:18
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

According to your logic there are two options , either Jesus lied about everything has to be fulfilled or he forgot to fulfill the vengeance part which means he could not be the Son of God .

Proverbs 25:6

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
No wrath came becaue it was not the time for wrath .

Did you notice what was not finished ?
Isaiah 61
1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;

2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;

and Luke 4:18

18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

20 And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.

21 And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.

Jesus left out the vengeance part .

It was believed by Judaism and by John the Baptist that wrath was coming when the Messiah came, not 2,000 or 5,000 year later. No wrath came. John was just wrong. The original gospel will eventually subdue the world.
It was also believed that Elijah would come back. John wasn't Elijah he was John who dressed like Elijah but did not claim to be Elijah.

Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It was believed by Judaism and by John the Baptist that wrath was coming when the Messiah came, not 2,000 or 5,000 year later. No wrath came. John was just wrong. The original gospel will eventually subdue the world.
It was also believed that Elijah would come back. John wasn't Elijah he was John who dressed like Elijah but did not claim to be Elijah.

It was also believed by Judaism that there is no remission without shedding of blood untill temple was destroyed 70 A.D.

How do you cover your sins now when there is no temple ?

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
It was also believed by Judaism that there is no remission without shedding of blood untill temple was destroyed 70 A.D.

How do you cover your sins now when there is no temple ?
Judaism adopted the Pagan belief in blood sacrifices which has been a part of nearly every evolutionary religion around the world. God never told the Israelites to kill birds and bunnies in place of admitting to sin, repenting and forgiving others as taught by Jesus. "I require mercy not sacrifice". The Temple became a large business do to the whole sacrificial system.

Meaningless Offerings

10Hear the word of the LORD,

you rulers of Sodom;

listen to the instruction of our God,

you people of Gomorrah!

11“What is your multitude of sacrifices to Me?”

says the LORD.

“I am full from the burnt offerings of rams

and the fat of well-fed cattle;

I take no delight in the blood of bulls,

of lambs and goats.

12When you come to appear before Me,

who has required this of you—

this trampling of My courts?

13Bring your worthless offerings no more;

your incense is detestable to Me—

your New Moons, Sabbaths, and convocations—

I cannot endure iniquity in a solemn assembly.

14I hate your New Moons

and your appointed feasts;

they have become a burden to Me;

I am weary of bearing them.

15When you spread out your hands in prayer,

I will hide My eyes from you;

even though you multiply your prayers,

I will not listen.

Your hands are covered with blood.

16Wash and cleanse yourselves.

Remove your evil deeds from My sight.

Stop doing evil!

17Learn to do right, seek justice,

correct the oppressor,

defend the fatherless.

plead for the widow.”

18“Come now, let us reason together,”

says the LORD.

“Though your sins are like scarlet,

they will be as white as snow;

though they are as red as crimson,

they will become like wool.

19If you are willing and obedient,

you will eat the best of the land.

20But if you resist and rebel,

you will be devoured by the sword.”

For the mouth of the LORD has spoken

Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Judaism adopted the Pagan belief in blood sacrifices which has been a part of nearly every evolutionary religion around the world. God never told the Israelites to kill birds and bunnies in place of admitting to sin, repenting and forgiving others as taught by Jesus. "I require mercy not sacrifice". The Temple became a large business do to the whole sacrificial system.

Meaningless Offerings

10Hear the word of the LORD,

you rulers of Sodom;

listen to the instruction of our God,

you people of Gomorrah!

11“What is your multitude of sacrifices to Me?”

says the LORD.

“I am full from the burnt offerings of rams

and the fat of well-fed cattle;

I take no delight in the blood of bulls,

of lambs and goats.

12When you come to appear before Me,

who has required this of you—

this trampling of My courts?

13Bring your worthless offerings no more;

your incense is detestable to Me—

your New Moons, Sabbaths, and convocations—

I cannot endure iniquity in a solemn assembly.

14I hate your New Moons

I will not listen.

Stop doing evil!

correct the oppressor,

defend the fatherless.

plead for the widow.”

18“Come now, let us reason together,”

says the LORD.

“Though your sins are like scarlet,

they will be as white as snow;

though they are as red as crimson,

they will become like wool.

19If you are willing and obedient,

you will eat the best of the land.

20But if you resist and rebel,

you will be devoured by the sword.”

For the mouth of the LORD has spoken

I though you said God is all love and mercy then you quote a verse that he will devour his people and is fed up with them worshipping him with feasts he himself told them to follow ?

Upvote 0

Lybrah

Apr 26, 2016
Maryland
✟62,745.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So,about 5 days ago,you may have seen this on the news but a rapper I listened to named XXXTentacion died when he was being shot because someone was trying to rob him. They took him to the hospital and he was pronounced dead. So out of panic and grief I search up "is xxxtentacion in hell" and watched a few videos of people having visions and dreams of him being dragged into hell by a tiger,and another one he was trapped in a cage in hell by a women who had the dream. He didn't believe in Jesus or anything like that,he believed in future lives,karma etc. So if these things are true,how do I deal with knowing that he is in hell? That chills my spine and he cant ever get out. Ever. But at the same time God knows his heart and he could be in Heaven! Thanks.

While I wouldn’t put too much stock in other people’s dreams, it is highly likely XXXtentacion is in hell. Some of his lyrics were jaw-dropping blasphemous, so unless he came to Christ as he lay dying, that’s where he went. It’s sad, but he had a choice. Live by the sword, die by the sword. He had his time, and he can’t be saved at this point because it’s in God’s hands. However, it is not too late for you. People who are in hell made their choice.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I though you said God is all love and mercy then you quote a verse that he will devour his people and is fed up with them worshipping him with feasts he himself told them to follow ?
*You didn't address the context of Isiah's prose about the sacrificial system, rather you misstated what I had said earlier that God is a Loving Father.

So I will just assume that you have no counter argument.

Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
*You didn't address the context of Isiah's prose about the sacrificial system, rather you misstated what I had said earlier that God is a Loving Father.

So I will just assume that you have no counter argument.

Because I don't know which books you accept as true and which not . You seem to cherrypick NT and OT . Which books do you believe are 100% word of God ?

Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0

Invalidusername

May 11, 2018
Battle Creek
✟70,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Because I don't know which books you accept as true and which not . You seem to cherrypick NT and OT . Which books do you believe are 100% word of God ?

His version of the bible must have so many missing pages and crossed off verses lol. Maybe only 3 paragraphs long.

• Haha
Reactions: Chinchilla
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
All Bible believers "cherry pick" the Bible! You could say its all 100% the Word of God but then elevate one scripture and ignore others. The Bible books say conflicting things about the same events so, I don't know what the number is. Id say the later books are more accurate than the earlier books, but as a percentage I've never quantified it.

You still haven't addressed Isiah's teachings. Is it any wonder the prophets were hated by the Temple profit system?

I hate your New Moons

I will not listen.

Stop doing evil!

correct the oppressor,

defend the fatherless.

plead for the widow.”

Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
All Bible believers "cherry pick" the Bible! You could say its all 100% the Word of God but then elevate one scripture and ignore others. The Bible books say conflicting things about the same events so, I don't know what the number is. Id say the later books are more accurate than the earlier books, bust as a percentage I've never quantified it.

You still haven't addressed Isiah's teachings. Is it any wonder the prophets were hated by the Temple profit system?

I hate your New Moons

I will not listen.

Stop doing evil!

correct the oppressor,

defend the fatherless.

plead for the widow.”

God did not take sacrifices from them because of thier sin , same thing was with Job and his "friends" in the end of the book , God was not pleased with thier unbelief and would not take sacrifices from them because of that . He told Job to do sacrifices on thier behalf .

First it's not the forum to debate please make thread and I'll continue there.
Secondly you violated statement of faith in this thread that's why make post in debate forum before you get strike from somebody read it....
Third you need to provide which books you think are 100% word of God or there is no need to debate because everybody has an opinion about something .

Upvote 0

Bruce Carr

Feb 1, 2017
Earth, Texas
✟18,824.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Adding you to my Rosary, friend!

Please do not; Mary is dead; her corpse rotten; she has no knowledge of the living. In the presence of the Lord, yes, her soul is likely there; but please do not pray to Mary, or any other idol / false diety, especially on my 'behalf'. I will rebuke any such effort in the name of Christ.

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
MOD HAT ON

Thread will remain closed.

Christian advice is not for theological discussion.

Debates are not permitted in any thread in Christian Advice.

When debating anywhere in the forum, flaming/goading is never okay.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.