How to deal with someone who is potentially in hell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannheim

Honey Badger
Oct 10, 2014
Rancho Mirage CA
✟23,170.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So,about 5 days ago,you may have seen this on the news but a rapper I listened to named XXXTentacion died when he was being shot because someone was trying to rob him. They took him to the hospital and he was pronounced dead. So out of panic and grief I search up "is xxxtentacion in hell" and watched a few videos of people having visions and dreams of him being dragged into hell by a tiger,and another one he was trapped in a cage in hell by a women who had the dream. He didn't believe in Jesus or anything like that,he believed in future lives,karma etc. So if these things are true,how do I deal with knowing that he is in hell? That chills my spine and he cant ever get out. Ever. But at the same time God knows his heart and he could be in Heaven! Thanks.

Upvote 0

christopheralan88

Apr 20, 2014
✟12,652.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So,about 5 days ago,you may have seen this on the news but a rapper I listened to named XXXTentacion died when he was being shot because someone was trying to rob him. They took him to the hospital and he was pronounced dead. So out of panic and grief I search up "is xxxtentacion in hell" and watched a few videos of people having visions and dreams of him being dragged into hell by a tiger,and another one he was trapped in a cage in hell by a women who had the dream. He didn't believe in Jesus or anything like that,he believed in future lives,karma etc. So if these things are true,how do I deal with knowing that he is in hell? That chills my spine and he cant ever get out. Ever. But at the same time God knows his heart and he could be in Heaven! Thanks.

I'm starting to question whether Hell exists. I'm reading a book called Immortal by Lex Meyer right now. It seems like Hell may be a pagan idea that has crept into Christianity over the centuries.

Sheol may actually be the place he (and the rest of us) are held until the resurrection or judgment day. Sheol does not appear to be a place of torment as Judgment Day has not taken place yet and God does not condemn people without a trial.

Maybe try buying the book and reading it, delve into the evidence for Hell in Scripture, and research Christian history.

I grew up Christian and after 27 years I started reading the Bible for myself and researching Biblical history and Hebraic culture. It's been 2 years since then and I've realized that sometime I've made myself feel bad for things that aren't actually sins. In the same way, if Hell does not exist, then you may be mourning over something that you don't need to be mourning over - or at least not as much.

In short, test what you've learned to the Truth as Scripture defines the Truth - Psalm 119:142 - and you may be pleasantly surprised at the light burden and freedom you find.

I hope that helps!

• Agree
Reactions: MMDave3
Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,588.00
Faith
Christian
I'm starting to question whether Hell exists. I'm reading a book called Immortal by Lex Meyer right now. It seems like Hell may be a pagan idea that has crept into Christianity over the centuries.

Sheol may actually be the place he (and the rest of us) are held until the resurrection or judgment day. Sheol does not appear to be a place of torment as Judgment Day has not taken place yet and God does not condemn people without a trial.

Maybe try buying the book and reading it, delve into the evidence for Hell in Scripture, and research Christian history.

I grew up Christian and after 27 years I started reading the Bible for myself and researching Biblical history and Hebraic culture. It's been 2 years since then and I've realized that sometime I've made myself feel bad for things that aren't actually sins. In the same way, if Hell does not exist, then you may be mourning over something that you don't need to be mourning over - or at least not as much.

In short, test what you've learned to the Truth as Scripture defines the Truth - Psalm 119:142 - and you may be pleasantly surprised at the light burden and freedom you find.

I hope that helps!
Jesus said hell exists and is real and people go there who do not believe in Him. Are you going to fall for the coming great delusion and end time heresies? Which will just get worse and worse until the end?

God's everlasting righteousness demands the everlasting eternal destruction of the wicked in hell and at the end, the lake of fire.

Psalm 119:142
142 Your righteousness is an everlasting righteousness,
And Your law is truth.

2 Thessalonians 1
6 since it is a righteous thing with God to repay with tribulation those who trouble you, 7 and to give you who are troubled rest with us when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels, 8 in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power, 10 when He comes, in that Day, to be glorified in His saints and to be admired among all those who believe, because our testimony among you was believed.

Upvote 0

christopheralan88

Apr 20, 2014
✟12,652.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I
No one in hell?, surprised at some of the comments here.

Proverbs 9:17-18
17 “Stolen water is sweet,
And bread eaten in secret is pleasant.”
18 But he does not know that the dead are there,
That her guests are in the depths of hell. (yup after they died, her guests (johns) went to hellfire)

Isaiah 14:9
Hell from beneath is excited about you, To meet you at your coming; It stirs up the dead for you, All the chief ones of the earth; It has raised up from their thrones All the kings of the nations.

Ezekiel 31:16
I made the nations shake at the sound of its fall, when I cast it down to hell together with those who descend into the Pit; and all the trees of Eden, the choice and best of Lebanon, all that drink water, were comforted in the depths of the earth.
Ezekiel 31:17
They also went down to hell with it, with those slain by the sword; and those who were its strong arm dwelt in its shadows among the nations.
Ezekiel 32:21
The strong among the mighty Shall speak to him out of the midst of hell With those who help him: ‘They have gone down, They lie with the uncircumcised, slain by the sword.’
Ezekiel 32:27
They do not lie with the mighty Who are fallen of the uncircumcised, Who have gone down to hell with their weapons of war; They have laid their swords under their heads, But their iniquities will be on their bones, Because of the terror of the mighty in the land of the living.

Numbers 16:30
But if the Lord creates a new thing, and the earth opens its mouth and swallows them up with all that belongs to them, and they go down alive into the pit, then you will understand that these men have rejected the Lord.”

Numbers 16:32
and the earth opened its mouth and swallowed them up, with their households and all the men with Korah, with all their goods.

Hey sdowney717,

I wouldn't trust the English translation in this case. Look at the Hebrew under the hood on those words. I just looked up Proverbs 9:18 that you first referenced and it says Sheol, not Hell.

Here is a screenshot of the verse in Biblehub.

Yes, "hell" is potentially one of the words that translators, including Strong's Concordance say that Sheol can be translated to, but I don't think that is likely considering that Hell is a Norse pagan goddess who rules over the underworld. It seems likely that Hell is a pagan concept that has crept into the Truth of Scripture.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180624-073929.png
    Screenshot_20180624-073929.png
    232.3 KB · Views: 8
Upvote 0

christopheralan88

Apr 20, 2014
✟12,652.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said hell exists and is real and people go there who do not believe in Him. Are you going to fall for the coming great delusion and end time heresies? Which will just get worse and worse until the end?

God's everlasting righteousness demands the everlasting eternal destruction of the wicked in hell and at the end, the lake of fire.

Psalm 119:142
142 Your righteousness is an everlasting righteousness,
And Your law is truth.

2 Thessalonians 1
6 since it is a righteous thing with God to repay with tribulation those who trouble you, 7 and to give you who are troubled rest with us when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels, 8 in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power, 10 when He comes, in that Day, to be glorified in His saints and to be admired among all those who believe, because our testimony among you was believed.

Hello brother!

Where does Jesus say that hell exists? Also, I don't see any reference to hell in 2 Thessalonians that you quoted. Certainly the chaf (those sinners not saved by the blood of the Lamb) will be burned in fire, but I think that is a reference to the Lake of Fire. People and angels are thrown into the Lake of Fire AFTER Messiah's return and 1000 year reign as can be seen in Revelation 20:11-15. No human being is thrown into the Lake of Fire until AFTER Judgment Day. The Lake of Fire is different from Sheol and is not Hell (which is based on pagan mythology).

• Agree
Reactions: MMDave3
Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,588.00
Faith
Christian
I

Hey sdowney717,

I wouldn't trust the English translation in this case. Look at the Hebrew under the hood on those words. I just looked up Proverbs 9:18 that you first referenced and it says Sheol, not Hell.

Here is a screenshot of the verse in Biblehub.

Yes, "hell" is potentially one of the words that translators, including Strong's Concordance say that Sheol can be translated to, but I don't think that is likely considering that Hell is a Norse pagan goddess who rules over the underworld. It seems likely that Hell is a pagan concept that has crept into the Truth of Scripture.

Hell is sheol and Hades and the place of the dead. (Not for Christians as they have life after death) Hell though is not all the same place. Jesus spoke of the rich man who died and went to hell, a fiery torment for him. But Lazarus who died went to a pleasant place like paradise to await when Christ would come to ' lead the 'captivity captive' into heaven, the righteous in the OT who had died before he came to earth went to hell, which is the place where all the dead went before Christ came, but not a tormenting place, a place of paradise.

Luke 16:19 [ The Rich Man and Lazarus ] “There was a certain rich man who was clothed in purple and fine linen and fared sumptuously every day.

Luke 16:20 But there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, full of sores, who was laid at his gate, 21 desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man’s table. Moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. 22 So it was that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels to Abraham’s bosom. The rich man also died and was buried.

Luke 16:23 And being in torments in Hades, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

Luke 16:24 “Then he cried and said, ‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.’

Luke 16:25 But Abraham said, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted and you are tormented.

Upvote 0

christopheralan88

Apr 20, 2014
✟12,652.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hell is sheol and Hades and the place of the dead. (Not for Christians as they have life after death) Hell though is not all the same place. Jesus spoke of the rich man who died and went to hell, a fiery torment for him. But Lazarus who died went to a pleasant place like paradise to await when Christ would come to ' lead the 'captivity captive' into heaven, the righteous in the OT who had died before he came to earth went to hell, which is the place where all the dead went before Christ came, but not a tormenting place, a place of paradise.

Luke 16:19 [ The Rich Man and Lazarus ] “There was a certain rich man who was clothed in purple and fine linen and fared sumptuously every day.

Luke 16:20 But there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, full of sores, who was laid at his gate, 21 desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man’s table. Moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. 22 So it was that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels to Abraham’s bosom. The rich man also died and was buried.

Luke 16:23 And being in torments in Hades, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

Luke 16:24 “Then he cried and said, ‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.’

Luke 16:25 But Abraham said, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted and you are tormented.

Well, I think you're mixing Christian tradition with some pagan mythology. Scripture does not say that hell and Sheol are the same place. Scripture says Sheol is where the dead go and the Lake of Fire is where judgment is carried out after Judgment Day as described in Revelation 20:11-15.

Yes, believers have life after death but I don't think this happens immediately as the first resurrection (when life is given back to those who have died) does not happen until after Messiah returns but before His 1000 year reign begins as described in Revelation 20:4-6. That said, since the first resurrectiom has not occurred yet, that means that all the dead are sleeping in quiet in Sheol awaiting the resurrection.

Be careful in your interpretation of Luke 16:19-25. Remember that Jesus said he spoke in parables (Matthew 13:34-35). Given that, it's likely He's not telling a literal story about someone being tormented and someone being in heaven.

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,588.00
Faith
Christian
Well, I think you're mixing Christian tradition with some pagan mythology. Scripture does not say that hell and Sheol are the same place. Scripture says Sheol is where the dead go and the Lake of Fire is where judgment is carried out after Judgment Day as described in Revelation 20:11-15.

Yes, believers have life after death but I don't think this happens immediately as the first resurrection (when life is given back to those who have died) does not happen until after Messiah returns but before His 1000 year reign begins as described in Revelation 20:4-6. That said, since the first resurrectiom has not occurred yet, that means that all the dead are sleeping in quiet in Sheol awaiting the resurrection.

Be careful in your interpretation of Luke 16:19-25. Remember that Jesus said he spoke in parables (Matthew 13:34-35). Given that, it's likely He's not telling a literal story about someone being tormented and someone being in heaven.

Your comments about Christ talking about hell, hades as mythical places demonstrates you do not believe hell exists as a place of punishment for sinners. When the wicked die, they do not sleep, nor do they cease to exist. Everyone has a place of destiny where they go after death, so yes the wicked go to hell fire. Certainly scripture is consistent about the future of the wicked (eternal destruction, endless torment, spiritual death in hell) as it is of heaven (endless spiritual life of good things). The wicked are turned in to hell, and at the end when they are raised up, they along with hell where they exist are thrown in the lake of fire.

Following you argument, the entire ministry of the scripture could be turned into parables and flowery language for any part you don't like.

Upvote 0

Bruce Carr

Feb 1, 2017
Earth, Texas
✟18,824.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

If you are a Christian, why are you listening to that trash music? I understand having some sadness for lost souls, but you must use that to carry on, share the good news with those who remain, and fight for righteousness. I have past friends, and probably a brother and my father who 'will be in Hell'-already died, but hell is not until the resurrection (that is a different Bible study for a different day)- I deal with it; I cannot let the choices and sins of others impede my life nor my glorification and announcing of the coming of the Lord; but I can use those to encourage me to share with lost souls. BTW there are millions of lost souls in American churches who will be in Hell; they have been lied to, swindled, and the have a false sense of salvation, let us not forget about them as well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bruce Carr

Feb 1, 2017
Earth, Texas
✟18,824.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your comments about Christ talking about hell, hades as mythical places demonstrates you do not believe hell exists as a place of punishment for sinners. When the wicked die, they do not sleep, nor do they cease to exist. Everyone has a place of destiny where they go after death, so yes the wicked go to hell fire. Certainly scripture is consistent about the future of the wicked (eternal destruction, endless torment, spiritual death in hell) as it is of heaven (endless spiritual life of good things). The wicked are turned in to hell, and at the end when they are raised up, they along with hell where they exist are thrown in the lake of fire.

Following you argument, the entire ministry of the scripture could be turned into parables and flowery language for any part you don't like.

Hell was created for Satan and his angels; humans in Hell will merely be a by-product of sin and choosing to follow satan/self, rather than Christ

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,588.00
Faith
Christian
When anyone says to you hades and hell are only greek myths, they do not believe what the scripture says.
Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them.

Meaning the dead were in hell(hades), it is where they are now, not some mythological concept.
they were there BEFORE this great white throne judgement of God, before they are cast in the lake of fire at the end.

Revelation 20
11 Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away. And there was found no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before [c]God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books. 13 The sea gave up the dead who were in it, and Death and Hades delivered up the dead who were in them. And they were judged, each one according to his works. 14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
The concept of hell is a fabrication by shamans and medicine men perpetuated by preachers who have no better truth to teach. They don't know the Loving God revealed in the life of Christ.

A person would die quickly in an eternal flame.

• Haha
Reactions: Bruce Carr
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,588.00
Faith
Christian
Everything that is not redeemed by the Lord will be destroyed, and any created being not redeemed will be cast into the lake of fire, after existing in hell. After the great destruction, a new heaven and earth wherein dwelleth righteousness. All the evil things and anything that offends God will be gone. Even this very reality of existence, will disappear, perish and be made new, God makes all things new again as at the first.

But the wicked who are judged, not having their names written in the book of life, will continue to have their part in the lake of fire.

Revelation 21
5 Then He who sat on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” And He said to me, “Write, for these words are true and faithful.”

6 And He said to me, “It[c] is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts. 7 He who overcomes [d]shall inherit all things, and I will be his God and he shall be My son.

8 But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

Upvote 0

Shard

The Echelon
Oct 19, 2013
Greensboro, North Carolina
✟18,723.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

Lol he was a garbage human being. He is most definitely in hell. THe best thing you could is not support a person like that in the first place.

Upvote 0

Invalidusername

May 11, 2018
Battle Creek
✟70,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Lol he was a garbage human being. He is most definitely in hell. THe best thing you could is not support a person like that in the first place.

To be honest I have a sense that this is a troll thread but I was not going to comment on it until now.

Upvote 0

Invalidusername

May 11, 2018
Battle Creek
✟70,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The concept of hell is a fabrication by shamans and medicine men perpetuated by preachers who have no better truth to teach. They don't know the Loving God revealed in the life of Christ.

A person would die quickly in an eternal flame.

I wish you were right but alas hell does exist. God's wrath is just as great as His mercy. However God chose to attempt to show us mercy. We can only be thankful for that because I think you and me KNOW that we do not deserve heaven. Not in our own merits. We do indeed deserve eternal justice. However if you don't feel convinced of that then I don't know what to say to you.

Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I wish you were right but alas hell does exist. God's wrath is just as great as His mercy. However God chose to attempt to show us mercy. We can only be thankful for that because I think you and me KNOW that we do not deserve heaven. Not in our own merits. We do indeed deserve eternal justice. However if you don't feel convinced of that then I don't know what to say to you.
Someone, perhaps your religious affiliation, has made you feel bad about yourself. God is our Loving Father, and we are his children that he created. He loves us with a fatherly affection. That was the good news of the original gospel. There is either life or death. One who believes in God because they are afraid that they will be tortured for an eternity if they don't, doesn't really believe in a good God.

Love is not secondary to anything in the divine nature.

• Haha
Reactions: Bruce Carr
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.