Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Besides that, I think Biden's ego as far as what people call colloquially "Narcissism" is almost as large as Trump's. Like if you could reify Trump ego and weigh it in lbs. Biden's ego would weigh almost as much, if Trumps Ego is 300 lbs, Biden's might be 290 lbs.
I'm actually surprised that more people don't recognize that as true.

There however is a difference in the two men. I think Trump's ego while being brash and annoying is actually largely earned...From what I can tell, the only real success Biden has had has been in running for public office....
Yep.

Beyond that Biden actually has an impressive record of lieing about his credentials....

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
A lengthy oration that doesn't even come close to dealing with the "October Surprise."

:sigh:

I guess you didn't read to the end.

On the subject of surprises, that wasn't one.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This but Biden also is consummate politician. He likes to tell people what they want to hear. There has been a few times and situations and issues where this is not the case where he will actually tell his own supporters trying to bend him on a issue "to vote for Trump". But that is about 95% true.

Besides that, I think Biden's ego as far as what people call colloquially "Narcissism" is almost as large as Trump's. Like if you could reify Trump ego and weigh it in lbs. Biden's ego would weigh almost as much, if Trumps Ego is 300 lbs, Biden's might be 290 lbs. There however is a difference in the two men. I think Trump's ego while being brash and annoying is actually largely earned. He may come from privilege but he has actually a impressive history of success if you track him from his days being Baron's age going away to boarding school to the last few years. From what I can tell, the only real success Biden has had has been in running for public office, especially the Senate. Beyond that Biden actually has an impressive record of lieing about his credentials....

Anyway where the Ego thing comes in is Biden I think really needs to feel like he is on the right side of an issue. It's like cognitive dissonance theory, but your position of the past changes with your knowledge of the present where you basically rewrite history so you will always be on the right side of the issue. And not just on the right side of the issue, but any little symbolic thing that was done on the issue that looks good on paper or sounds good you will glom onto for the sake of giving yourself bragging rights.

By the way @Halbhh it is laughable invoking judgement day fears of slander on the OP for Biden when this sort of thing is par for the course for Trump 24/ 7. e.g. People frequently misquoting him, twisting what he says, etc. Trump has not disavowed White Supremacy being the most recent example. Not to mention this goes with other recent issues besides Trump. like the hatchet jobs done against the Covington Kids, Brent Kavanaugh etc.
The general meme of Trump being unfairly criticized names me think of a "persecution complex".

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,159,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This but Biden also is consummate politician. He likes to tell people what they want to hear. There has been a few times and situations and issues where this is not the case where he will actually tell his own supporters trying to bend him on a issue "to vote for Trump". But that is about 95% true.

Besides that, I think Biden's ego as far as what people call colloquially "Narcissism" is almost as large as Trump's. Like if you could reify Trump ego and weigh it in lbs. Biden's ego would weigh almost as much, if Trumps Ego is 300 lbs, Biden's might be 290 lbs. There however is a difference in the two men. I think Trump's ego while being brash and annoying is actually largely earned. He may come from privilege but he has actually a impressive history of success if you track him from his days being Baron's age going away to boarding school to the last few years. From what I can tell, the only real success Biden has had has been in running for public office, especially the Senate. Beyond that Biden actually has an impressive record of lieing about his credentials....

Anyway where the Ego thing comes in is Biden I think really needs to feel like he is on the right side of an issue. It's like cognitive dissonance theory, but your position of the past changes with your knowledge of the present where you basically rewrite history so you will always be on the right side of the issue. And not just on the right side of the issue, but any little symbolic thing that was done on the issue that looks good on paper or sounds good you will glom onto for the sake of giving yourself bragging rights.

By the way @Halbhh it is laughable invoking judgement day fears of slander on the OP for Biden when this sort of thing is par for the course for Trump 24/ 7. e.g. People frequently misquoting him, twisting what he says, etc. Trump has not disavowed White Supremacy being the most recent example. Not to mention this goes with other recent issues besides Trump. like the hatchet jobs done against the Covington Kids, Brent Kavanaugh etc.
Your assessment of a bidens ego is wildly different than what I see. He's nowhere near as self aggrandizing as trump. Mostly because that's such a high bar.

• Agree
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0

Triumvirate

Oct 22, 2020
London
✟21,962.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

False equivalences like this were silly in 2016 mate, nevermind now

Upvote 0

Triumvirate

Oct 22, 2020
London
✟21,962.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Your assessment of a bidens ego is wildly different than what I see. He's nowhere near as self aggrandizing as trump. Mostly because that's such a high bar.

the biggest ego, the best ego, the biggest ever - no-one has an ego like he does

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The general meme of Trump being unfairly criticized names me think of a "persecution complex".
That would be possible.

Possible. But only in theory.

Remember that in this case...

the vow was made--and announced--to do whatever it took in order to get Trump out of the White House, and this has been done non-stop at an unprecedented pace since before he was even inaugurated.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,159,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That would be possible.

Possible. But only in theory.

the vow was made--and announced--to do whatever it took in order to get Trump out of the White House, and this has been done non-stop at an unprecedented pace since before he was even inaugurated.
Every president does seem to have a very determined opposition, since I can remember, and I can remember in detail ever since Carter. But Trump has done something different than other presidents, or to a different degree -- repeatedly (not just occasionally) attack competitors and competing views with especially disparaging characterizations. Instead of just attacking ideas, he attacks individual people or groups, personally. That provokes a lot of anger of course. It's not a virtue to demean people and increase discord. In fact, it's specifically something Christians should not aim to do.

• Winner
Reactions: Triumvirate
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,893.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
As someone who has worked with serial narcissists and sociopaths, and all manner of social misfit, the English language does not contain sufficient verbiage to convey how utterly wrong your diagnoses and analyses are.

But for me to go on with that, would drag this thread off topic so I will stop.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

I'm not saying that you're wrong, but out of curiosity, what vow are you referring to?

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,928.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Yeah, those tricky Democrats, forcing Donald's employees to meet with Russians during his campaign...

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,928.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I'm not saying that you're wrong, but out of curiosity, what vow are you referring to?

“What Mitch McConnell has done and what I have watched, even some time when I was mayor of my city, when he came into a position when America was in a financial free-fall, there was crisis all over this country, he announced to America that the number one priority he had was keeping President Obama from getting a second term.”
— Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.), interview on CBS’s “Face the Nation,” Jan. 8, 2017

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

I think he is talking about Peter Strzok and Lisa Page texts and emails, and what they reveal as far as what is taking place behind the Scenes especially with the Biden and Obama meeting where Joe recommended using the Logan Act to stop Trump.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Every president does seem to have a very determined opposition, since I can remember, and I can remember in detail ever since Carter.
But nothing like the experience of this president. And the phony Russian conspiracies, actual impeachments, declarations that the president was "illegitimate," plans for disrupting the Inaugural ceremonies, the outrageous name-calling, and the rest far exceed anything we've seen before.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It was a way of referring to the declaration made, in public, by a number of high-ranking opponents of Trump to get him out of the White House by any means necessary.

• Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
But nothing like the experience of this president. And the phony Russian conspiracies, actual impeachments, declarations that the president was "illegitimate," plans for disrupting the Inaugural ceremonies, the outrageous name-calling, and the rest far exceed anything we've seen before.

Yeah!

It's funny on all the Narcist talk and Trump. In thinking about the feedback on that one post... In retrospect I might dial back some of the Biden commentary a little bit, but I began to reminisce about earlier days of Obama.... and his ego, and him frequently implying or actually saying or talking about being the smartest person in the room in his books etc.

Trump is more naked and transparent in his bragging vs. Obama being more of a smooth operator. Americans once talked about wanting "transparency" in government and they largely got it with Trump. Compared to the back room dealing of the Democrats.

And then you get into the media itself. Where Fox News was largely mocked as Faux News in the days of W. Bush. But in Obama the media had its own pro worship thing going, they even intentionally used iconography and other kinds of Messianic tropes.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,893.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
But nothing like the experience of this president.
And the phony Russian conspiracies
Not phony. Granted, not all proven.

actual impeachments,
For wrongdoing, yes. Isn't it shocking.

declarations that the president was "illegitimate,"
"That's never happenned before"....except for 7 years of Obama is a Kenyan.

plans for disrupting the Inaugural ceremonies,[/QUOTE] Heard no such thing.
the outrageous name-calling
Filed under "Can't take it, Can dish it out". To be fair, it was difficult to choose between that or "Victim, Perpetual".
and the rest far exceed anything we've seen before.
Yes....the nebuous "rest".

Sounds awful.

• Agree
Reactions: lasthero
Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
It always amazes me when Canadians, UK folks and Auzzies want to really argue about our politics.... (as ardently as a US citizen or more than a typical citizen)

Why should we care about your opinions? And furthermore if we actually were interested in your politics beyond some occasional curiosity at some of colorful things that go on (
that are different than our own traditions & customs, laws and constitution etc.) . , would you really care if the circumstances were reversed? I kind of doubt it...

Last edited:
Upvote 0