✟21,962.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Post hoc ergo propter hoc.

Gosh, the trend has topped out hitting the max of 100 searches. Biden must be running scared now.

(psst it's not '100 searches', it's normalised with the peak at 100 percent)

It's still...not that impressive really even if you take the normalisation into account :/

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟907,133.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
(psst it's not '100 searches', it's normalised with the peak at 100 percent)

It's still...not that impressive really even if you take the normalisation into account :/

Either way, I find it unlikely people are suddenly scrambling to change their vote.

Upvote 0

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0

Mayzoo

Jun 17, 2004
✟205,037.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Either way, I find it unlikely people are suddenly scrambling to change their vote.

I find it odd people can change their vote in three different states.......I had never heard of that before.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Belk
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I think there are many people that regret their early vote.
I can't imagine why people would want to vote very early. The "October Surprise" is almost a guaranteed part of any presidential campaign and, in any case, a lot usually happens in the last three weeks or so.

Not only is there the Hunter Biden/Joe Biden scandal this year, but Kamala Harris is proving to be in over her head as a candidate for national office, and Joe Biden, fresh from his latest crop of mental errors, has reportedly returned to his bunker to sit out the final 9 days of the campaign while the president conducts two and three rallies per day.

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What did they think was going to happen when they voted early? You have to be sure you are not going to change your vote due to some last-minute surprise. That is why I research the people I am going to vote for and check past voting and actions. I have no desire to change my vote now.

This is mostly just people that are one issue voters or emotional voters that are not thinking it through. It shouldn't be a larger number.

• Agree
Reactions: Pavel Mosko
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I can't imagine why people would want to vote very early. The "October Surprise" is almost a guaranteed part of any presidential campaign and, in any case, a lot usually happens in the last three weeks or so.

Not only is there the Hunter Biden/Joe Biden scandal this year, but Kamala Harris is proving to be in over her head as a candidate for national office, and Joe Biden, fresh from his latest crop of mental errors, has reportedly returned to his bunker to sit out the final 9 days of the campaign while the president conducts two and three rallies per day.

Would an October surprise have changed your vote?

• Optimistic
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

I actually would be voting early normally. I know Trump and I'm not likely to be surprised at his behavior. He would have to do something really loopy like promise to start a nuclear war once elected, or some other thing that is completely outrageous to get me to change it.

Really it is the small chance of voter shenanigan's that has kept me voting early, and also there is a small chance of voter error by mail (which I could avoid by being extra diligent). But normally I like to do things early, to safe guard against other kinds of problems that might take place in the future on election day. It is only the fact that this election is so high stakes compared to all the other ones that took place in my native California (solidly Democratic majority) that have caused me to put it off, my vote only mattered when it came to the state propositions and electing local officials there.

IF PA had the in person voting that NC had (where I was living previously for almost 6 years), I would totally be showing up early in person to cast my vote.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lasthero

Jul 30, 2013
✟229,457.00
Faith
Seeker
Interesting, but not as interesting as it might seem like at first glance. If you check the trend over time, 'change my vote' spikes up in popularity around this same time in with presidential elections - the last time was in November 2016, along with mini-spikes before and after. There was a similar spike in 2008, though that was before Google Trends improved with its information tracking, so take that as you will.

It's hard to say how it compares to other spikes since the information isn't done compiling for this month, but making any sort of summary on what we have now is premature.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We should not be judgmental to the level of trying to find any wrong idea a person ever had but clearly has left behind, and then hold the old left behind wrong idea against them now.

Imagine if on the Day of Judgment you were guilty before God of holding people's old mistakes against them forever.... That would not be good.

What is Biden saying lately? We can look more recently.
OCT 24:

We do know Biden intends to prevent new drilling in federal lands that have been pristine wildlife habitats or such.

Also, we want to know a candidate isn't just changing their view every week of course! --
And here, Biden has been consistent apparently for a while:

There has been a huge spike in people looking into how to "change my vote" in the last few days, especially today. Right now it seems it is only conservative Blogs and news outlets talking about that. During the last debate one of the significant things Trump managed to do was to get Biden to admit to intending on "closing down" the oil industry, which would obviously hit some Democratic blue collar folks very hard. I did some reading while Googling this, 7 states allow you to change your vote if you voted early and I'm pretty sure on of them is PA (my new home state).

“Change My Vote” is Google Trending in PA, FL, NC, MI, GA, TX, WI – After Biden Lies on Fracking & Vows to “Close Down” Oil

Upvote 0

Triumvirate

Oct 22, 2020
London
✟21,962.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Also it's nearly November lol

Any day now tho. Just gotta sit on these totally legit emails some more NO YOU CAN'T VERIFY THEM

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Depends on what the revelation was, natch. But that's just me. The fact that October Surprises happen--and that they influence some voters--is well-established.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I wish Biden was going to "end oil".

But everyone knows that was just a dumb gaffe from the original gaffemaster3000.

It's not a gaffe when you repeat it a number of times and to different audiences.

gaffe
n.
A clumsy social error; a faux pas.
  • n.
    A blatant mistake or misjudgment.
  • n.
    A socially awkward or tactless act.

• Winner
Reactions: Pavel Mosko
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Depends on what the revelation was, natch. But that's just me. The fact that October Surprises happen--and that they influence some voters--is well-established.

You've already accepted/excused/ignored/explained away the facts that:
Trump likely committed campaign finance violations by paying off Stormy Daniels;
  • he tried to strongarm a foreign government into smearing his political opponent;
  • he likely committed obstruction of justice during the Russia inquiry;
  • he never divested himself of his business interests and continues to openly profit from his office by steering government and campaign spending towards his personally-own businesses;
  • he runs a dysfunctional and incompetent administration with exceptionally high turnover and a high degree of criminality;
  • rather than draining the swamp, he has appointed a number of incompetents and blatant grifters serving their own interests;
  • his DOJ assaulted a group of peaceful protesters so that he could, essentially, take the Lord's name in vain by staging a photo op in front of a church;
  • he's boffed the response to the pandemic and frequently encourages others to engage in reckless behavior;
  • he lies all the time; and
  • he's openly and eagerly divisive and stokes a number of social divisions.

Given that you've already swallowed this (along with whatever potential tax shenanigans are out there), it's hard to imagine what sort of revelation it would take for you to actually wish to change your vote. So, I think the real answer is no, an October Surprise wouldn't have swayed you, which answers your question - people would want to vote early if they're confident that they wouldn't be swayed by a surprise.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And dismissed 5 Inspectors General this year, at least one (several?) of which appears to have been investigating things (doing their job) of which the administration didn't want to be investigated.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
It's not a gaffe when you repeat it a number of times and to different audiences.

gaffe
n.
A clumsy social error; a faux pas.
  • n.
    A blatant mistake or misjudgment.
  • n.
    A socially awkward or tactless act.

This but Biden also is consummate politician. He likes to tell people what they want to hear. There has been a few times and situations and issues where this is not the case where he will actually tell his own supporters trying to bend him on a issue "to vote for Trump". But that is about 95% true.

Besides that, I think Biden's ego as far as what people call colloquially "Narcissism" is almost as large as Trump's. Like if you could reify Trump ego and weigh it in lbs. Biden's ego would weigh almost as much, if Trumps Ego is 300 lbs, Biden's might be 290 lbs. There however is a difference in the two men. I think Trump's ego while being brash and annoying is actually largely earned. He may come from privilege but he has actually a impressive history of success if you track him from his days being Baron's age going away to boarding school to the last few years. From what I can tell, the only real success Biden has had has been in running for public office, especially the Senate. Beyond that Biden actually has an impressive record of lieing about his credentials....

Anyway where the Ego thing comes in is Biden I think really needs to feel like he is on the right side of an issue. It's like cognitive dissonance theory, but your position of the past changes with your knowledge of the present where you basically rewrite history so you will always be on the right side of the issue. And not just on the right side of the issue, but any little symbolic thing that was done on the issue that looks good on paper or sounds good you will glom onto for the sake of giving yourself bragging rights.

By the way @Halbhh it is laughable invoking judgement day fears of slander on the OP for Biden when this sort of thing is par for the course for Trump 24/ 7. e.g. People frequently misquoting him, twisting what he says, etc. Trump has not disavowed White Supremacy being the most recent example. Not to mention this goes with other recent issues besides Trump. like the hatchet jobs done against the Covington Kids, Brent Kavanaugh etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0