How to awaken dead faith and feel alive?

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I feel dead inside. No joy, no fun, no happiness. I am very lonely person with no friends and it feels like I’m distant from God too. I don’t have great relationship with Him either.
How does someone get close to God and know that He is their close friend?

pantingdeer

Jun 19, 2016
United Kingdom
✟101,884.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It helps to commit yourself to groups related to thinks you are interested in.

Like I am interested in meditation. I found a small group of others and we connect.
I’m interested in languages and football.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And, FWIW, I think the faith only crowd likes to throw works in with doing evil, because if they can as they do, meld them together, when they surmise they don't have to do their works, that also allows them to do evil s a lifestyle and retain their salvation.

Woks are things like helping the poor, and doing evil is another thing altogether. Buit at the same time, one might call a man who won't help the poor, and evil man.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I feel dead inside. No joy, no fun, no happiness. I am very lonely person with no friends and it feels like I’m distant from God too. I don’t have great relationship with Him either.
I find the concept of "faith without works is dead" is best taken in it's proper context. The book of James talks about faith that benefits no one is dead, faith that does not amount to loving others when the opportunity presents itself is dead, and faith that shows favoritism or is hypocritical is dead.

Not so much about the works of the law, faith is like a muscle or like your whole body - if you do not exercise it - it's like you feel dead.

Since we are "born again" and live a "new life" we are saved by faith and live by faith, faith or trust is like breathing. So if the lungs of your spiritual body does not get any exercise, then the air may feel stagnant.

it's not so much about losing salvation as some may propose, it's more about cause and effect on a spiritual level in a way that affects your inner health.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟203,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

At that time Jesus declared, "I thank thee, heavenly Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that thou hast hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to babes; yea, Father, for such was thy gracious will. All things have been delivered to me by my Father; and know one knows the son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son chooses to reveal Him. Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from Me; for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

Take it all to Him and lay it all down before Him. There is joy unspeakable and a peace that surpasses understanding to be found in Him and Him alone.

"Behold I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come into him and eat with him and He with me."

He has just been patiently waiting. For you. Let Him show you His ways.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟736,252.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The bible tells us that we should "fear the LORD", and that the fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom. It is not so much that we need a relationship with God, although it can be cultivated, God actually made eve for adam because he said "it is not good for man to be alone". It is our duty as Christians to obey God, and God has promised to "give us our hearts desires". God will lead us into profitable relationships with people, as we walk with Him. He has not made things easy to have a relationship with God Himself. But he does want to meet our inner heart desires. The bible says if God's thoughts could be numbered toward us they would be as numerous as the sand of the sea. God has a great plan for you, but we all must remain faithful to Him and His word.

Upvote 0