Dec 20, 2012
✟92,181.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It kills me sometimes, Hillary Clinton never actually occupied the office. Whatever you thought of Obama he can't do much with regards to a political agenda of the GOP. Move on, they control the board, why aren't they moving to check mate the problems they had with the Democrat agenda?
There in process, the Levy of liberalism is broken, the swamp is running off the cliff into the ocean.

Trump is signing the swamp draining as fast as the pen can write, 18 months from now your heads gonna swim with the change made.

Trump, Pence, Gorsuch, great!

Open Guantanmo Bay, Great!
Immigration Reform, Great!
Bring Back Jobs, Great!
Increase tariffs on foreign goods, Great!
Stop foreign aid, Great!
Stop foreign lobbying, Great!

One more Supreme Court Appointment, and the Liberal agenda is done!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Well...you do have to remember: they were the Party of NO!!!! for 8 years I'm thinking they kind of just don't remember what it was like to be anything else. :wave:
tulc(which might explain why some of them like President Trump so much?) :sorry:
I think I will be the same way when Trump is gone, I worry sometimes the next GOP President might actually know what he is doing. When he finally get's voted out in 2020, if he makes it that far, we can always say yea, but what about Trump. Not a stellar moment in the history of Republican politics and Trump is right about one thing, he has been a major boost for the media ratings. His dysfunction is well...kind of fascinating.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
There in process, the Levy of liberalism is broken, the swamp is running off the cliff into the ocean.

Trump is signing the swamp draining as fast as the pen can write, 18 months from now your heads gonna swim with the change made.

I like your optimism but he isn't signing all that much into law. As long as one of the liberal Supreme Court Justices doesn't kick in three years, I doubt seriously liberals have much to worry about. We are constantly hearing about what Trump is going to do, wow it's going to be great, then we get the news reports it's not much. Trump and his administration has parked a trailer in the swamp and their poaching an occasional alligator but overall, the swamp remains unchanged.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...uhmmm...looks like you're a little unclear on what "the swamp" is here's a clue:
Has Trump drained the swamp in Washington?
Shortly before Election Day last year, Donald Trump rolled out a package of ethics reforms that he promised to implement as president, using for the first time a now-famous phrase: “drain the swamp.”

A year later and nearly nine months into his presidency, Trump has failed to deliver on most of those reforms. Of a five-point list of proposals he unveiled to tighten the rules for Washington lobbying, only one has been fully implemented.

And rather than draining the swamp, many Washington lobbyists say business is better than ever. Spending on lobbying in Washington totaled almost $1.7 billion in the first half of the year, the highest since 2012, according to the Center for Responsive Politics.

“I don’t think that anything’s really changed,” said Brian Wild, a longtime Republican lobbyist and a former aide to House Speaker John Boehner. “If anything, the lobbying business is booming right now.”

Draining the swamp is an abstract promise, and Trump has used phrase to lash out against seemingly every aspect of the Washington establishment, from the press corps to Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer.

But when he first tested it out on Oct. 17, 2016, in Green Bay, Wis., Trump tied “drain the swamp” to a specific set of rules for lobbyists, saying, “I am proposing a package of ethics reforms to make our government honest once again.” (emph. added)
or here:
Ex-lobbyists swarm Trump administration, despite 'drain the swamp' pledge
More than 100 former federal lobbyists have found jobs in the Trump administration, despite President Trump’s campaign pledge to restrict the power of special interests in Washington, according to a tally provided to USA TODAY by a Democratic group.

And roughly two-thirds of them — 69 — work in the agencies they have lobbied at some point in their careers, according to research by American Bridge 21st Century. They include about three dozen recent lobbyists who have not received waivers from Trump’s ethics rule that bar industry insiders and former lobbyists from working on specific matters that benefited their former employers or clients for two years after their appointments.
I'm sorry to break it to you? "The swamp" isn't "running off the cliff into the ocean" it's been made into the government of the USA. But on the plus side of the whole situation?...just kidding there really isn't a plus side to this, a d-list reality tv star said he was going to "drain the swamp" just so he could get a tax cut for himself and all his friends...who by the way, are now in charge of the groups who were responsible for regulating them before. :wave:
tulc(just thought Truth7t7 should be made aware of the facts) :sorry:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Never forget......tax returns,what is he hiding? The man not fit to shine McCains shoes says McCain is not a hero...making fun of the disabled. Just because he shows his orange behind everytime he opens his McDonalds hole, he should not be let off the hook for his past offenses . He needs to be held accountable .covfefe.sad

Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
...uhmmm...looks like you're a little unclear on what "the swamp" is here's a clue:
Has Trump drained the swamp in Washington?

or here:
Ex-lobbyists swarm Trump administration, despite 'drain the swamp' pledge

I'm sorry to break it to you? "The swamp" isn't "running off the cliff into the ocean" it's been made into the government of the USA. But on the plus side of the whole situation?...just kidding there really isn't a plus side to this, a d-list reality tv star said he was going to "drain the swamp" just so he could get a tax cut for him and all his friends...who by the way, are now in charge of the groups who were responsible for regulating them before. :wave:
tulc(just thought Truth7t7 should be made aware of the facts) :sorry

That is the president of the United States you are talking about! To all you wizenheimers who accuse him of not draining the swamp—-WAKE UP—— he did drain the swamp.....he replaced it with a sewer.sad

Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
How the Swamp Drained Trump

tulc(hopes President Trumps base really likes the taste of swamp water, they made the swamp in to the government) :sigh:
Thank you. The article picked up on many of the specifics I have seen as well. In particular the state visits.

It is so obvious that foreign leaders are playing up to Trump to gain advantage. And what an advantage it must be. Who can forget Trump "MAGA" with the Mexican president?

Transcripts of Trump's calls with Mexico and Australia
(Trump)"My people stand up and say, “Mexico will pay for the wall” and your people probably say something in a similar but slightly different language. But the fact is we are both in a little bit of a political bind because I have to have Mexico pay for the wall – I have to."

Trump telling Mexican president that he is desperate to have Mexican president say Mexico will pay for wall because of political needs. What a smart bargaining strategy: Begin by telling other person how desperate you are. (Turn off sarcasm now please)

Do you think things like this explain Tillerson remark?

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

Trump, Pence, Gorsuch, great!

Open Guantanmo Bay, Great!
Immigration Reform, Great!
Bring Back Jobs, Great!
Increase tariffs on foreign goods, Great!
Stop foreign aid, Great!
Stop foreign lobbying, Great!

Those pesky liberals, caring about what Jesus said & all. Praise the good Lord there's also some conservatives who don't believe that torturing is OK & believes in helping out the less fortune both here & abroad.

Trump has just filled up his own swamp.

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,181.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Those pesky liberals, caring about what Jesus said & all. Praise the good Lord there's also some conservatives who don't believe that torturing is OK & believes in helping out the less fortune both here & abroad.

Trump has just filled up his own swamp.
I thank God Obama and Hillary are gone, don't you?

Reactions: Hieronymus
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I thank God Obama and Hillary are gone, don't you?

No, I don't devote much of my prayer life to politics.

I thank God that there's still some Americans who read their Bibles, who believe in what Jesus said & believe in doing what He said to do.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
A great conservative Supreme court appointment, one more and we can turn the evil liberal ship around.

Same sex marriage, and killing the unborn, a curse upon America.
Not likely. The Supreme Court rarely reverses itself.

On SSM: the biggest states would likely continue it. That would then give us a whole series of cases on what happens when a SSM couple are in a State that doesn't accept their marriage. The Supreme Court is unlikely to want to open that, particularly given that a conservative majority, if it happens at all, is only likely to last for about 4 years. No one is served by changing the law every few years, which is why stare decisis exists.

On abortion: In his hearing Gorsuch said it was law, and gave the impression he wouldn't be interested in reversing it.

The main thing you can expect to accomplish is to delay decisions involving transsexuals for a few years.

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟92,181.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not likely. The Supreme Court rarely reverses itself.

On SSM: the biggest states would likely continue it. That would then give us a whole series of cases on what happens when a SSM couple are in a State that doesn't accept their marriage. The Supreme Court is unlikely to want to open that, particularly given that a conservative majority, if it happens at all, is only likely to last for about 4 years. No one is served by changing the law every few years, which is why stare decisis exists.

On abortion: In his hearing Gorsuch said it was law, and gave the impression he wouldn't be interested in reversing it.

The main thing you can expect to accomplish is to delay decisions involving transsexuals for a few years.
I totally disagree with your belief.

The conservatives appointed will be there a while, get rid of Ginsberg/Kennedy and one more conservative appointment and same sex marriage and Roe v Wade will be revisited and overturned.

We will strongly disagree.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I totally disagree with your belief.

The conservatives appointed will be there a while, get rid of Ginsberg/Kennedy and one more conservative appointment and same sex marriage and Roe v Wade will be revisited and overturned.

We will strongly disagree.

Can you tell us about what SCOTUS has overturned in the 21st century? Give us facts not beliefs please.

Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Proverbs 6:16-19 Seven things God hates.
"One who stirs up strife among brothers."
So you are willing to incur God's hatred for the sake of your politics. Congratulations, it's working.
I am not sure if a man who refers to TWO Corinthians worries about God's anger. What do you think?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So you are willing to incur God's hatred for the sake of your politics. Congratulations, it's working.
If this is directed at me: sort of cute how no one seems interested in actually addressing what's in the OP, instead they want to rebuke the guy pointing out that their "Emperor has no clothes on". Or in this case "the President is completely controlled by the swamp he swore to drain.".
If it's not directed at me then I'm wondering who it is about? :scratch:
tulc(will stop posting when the Lord tells him to stop, but is grateful everyone is so concerned for him) :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

Well God must be mighty displeased with Trump then, on account of how that's what he routinely does.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is from Jan. of last year in other words: he filled his administration with "the swamp" from the beginning of his administration:
Is Donald Trump Draining the Swamp?
draining-the-swamp-desktop.png

Getty Images
Here’s a look at how swampy Trump’s appointments are based on their lobbying and fundraising

CHARLOTTE ALTER | RYAN TEAGUE BECKWITH

In mid-October, Donald Trump unveiled a major campaign slogans: “Drain the swamp.”

“It’s become the hottest expression,” he said at a rally in New Hampshire.“If we win on November 8th, we are going to Washington, D.C.—when we win, OK—and we are going to drain the swamp.”

Trump used the term broadly to refer to what he called the “entire corrupt Washington Establishment,” including the outsized influence of lobbyists, political rewards for campaign donors and outright corruption.

Since becoming President-elect, however, Trump’s actions haven’t exactly lived up to his rhetoric, especially when it came to stocking his Administration.

While his Cabinet-level picks have been less traditional—a lot more billionaires and retired military officers than usual, for one thing—it’s clear that they are much more swampy as a whole than Trump pledged.

For one, the nominees are far from inexperienced in the ways of lobbying.

Eleven of his 19 Cabinet and Cabinet-level appointments announced so far have sat on the boards of corporations or organizations that have lobbied the federal government, spending a total of $497.5 million. (Most of that comes from Secretary of State nominee Rex Tillerson, who headed ExxonMobil and the American Petroleum Institute and was a member of the Business Roundtable when those groups spent a combined $368.4 million on lobbying.)
tulc(wonders why none of President Trumps supporters seem able to address the OP?) :scratch:

Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am not sure if a man who refers to TWO Corinthians worries about God's anger. What do you think?

Haha.....forgot about that one. I’d wager his buddy Putin knows better than that.An embarrassing example of complete Biblical ignorance.sad.

Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married
How the Swamp Drained Trump

tulc(hopes President Trumps base really likes the taste of swamp water, they made the swamp in to the government) :sigh:
Remember when Trump stated he was only going to use his own money for his campaign? So that he didn't owe favors? Of course this turned out to be yet another lie.

Now we find out he took money from the NRA, and now he is doing their bidding, deflecting to arming over 1/2 million teachers, instead of looking for real solution to save child lives. Even (do not mean in negative way) @RDKirk one of our forum member came up with a better plan for saving student lives than Trump. And Trump has all experts in the USA at his disposal. Sad.

Upvote 0