loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How the Swamp Drained Trump
A year later, it seems clear they didn’t need my services—they figured Trump out all on their own.

For all his anti-establishment bluster, Trump has proven to be a paper tiger as president. Instead of cracking down on Wall Street plutocrats, he’s appointed them to his cabinet and given them tax cuts. Instead of browbeating world leaders, he’s let them flatter him into submission with theatrically obsequious state visits. Instead of locking out the sneering media elites, he’s pantingly courted the approval of New York Times reporters and book-writing dandies from Manhattan. And while he hobnobs in Davos with the globalist glitterati, the ragtag team of loyal lieutenants who set out in 2016 to upturn the established order with Trump has been largely shoved to the sidelines or purged altogether from his White House.

In some ways, of course, those initial fears of anarchy have been validated. The first year of Trump’s presidency has been defined by chaos. But more often than not, it’s the kind of chaos that threatens the vulnerable while sparing the powerful. When the federal government shut down on the anniversary of his inauguration, some of the president’s boosters tried to cast it as a heroic stand for Trumpism—the populist disruptor bending Washington to his will. In truth, it was the product of the same infighting, dysfunction, and galloping incompetence that have kept the 45th president from advancing the transformative agenda he promised.

Indeed, while Trump’s “populism” has manifested itself primarily in performative spasms of culture war, the most substantive policy victories of his first year in office have gone to the donor-class conservatism of Paul Ryan and his fellow swamp creatures in the congressional leadership. As it turns out, all they had to do was ask nicely.

It is perhaps the central irony of the Donald Trump story: The Queens-born billionaire who could never win the respect of the taunting insiders on the other side of the river led a bitter revenge march to the White House, ranting and raving and railing against the “haters”—and then giving them what they wanted the moment they said please.
tulc(hopes President Trumps base really likes the taste of swamp water, they made the swamp in to the government) :sigh:

Reactions: Go Braves

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The only reason posts like this are done is to just make trouble. No other reason. Shameful.

I think what trump said about John McCain is the epitome of shame fullness.....and that is just scratching the surface.Until he apologizes for his many acts of shame ,unlikely since he has no sense of shame himself , all I can say is that what goes around ,comes around.covfefe .sad.
Tax returns? What is he hiding?cut him Slack? He needs to be held accountable.

Upvote 0

section9+1

Mar 12, 2017
US
✟81,403.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This just pits people against each other. Shameful behavior for Christians. Fighting amongst each other simply for the sake of fighting. Do you think anyone will be persuaded either way? Toxic and a rotten testimony. Who needs this? I don't care what Trump is doing. It doesn't justify this here.

Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
McCain is a traitor.

I suppose the journalist with the disability that Fat Nixon tried to humiliate was also a traitor.McCain a traitor? Please show me how you arrived at that.covfefe. Sad.

• Agree
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟81,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think what trump said about John McCain is the epitome of shame fullness.....and that is just scratching the surface.Until he apologizes for his many acts of shame ,unlikely since he has no sense of shame himself , all I can say is that what goes around ,comes around.covfefe .sad.
Tax returns? What is he hiding?cut him Slack? He needs to be held accountable.
McCain is a traitor to his voters and political party.

You can add Sens. Susan Collins (ME) and Lisa Murkowski (AK) to the list.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

That is a serious charge.It is also just opinion.Such a serious charge should be backed up by some facts I would think.Do you have any?

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

I used to really respect Pence, on account of how I saw him as a principled man who really is a Christian, not a phony pretending to be one to fool Christian folks into voting for him. He's been a disappointment.

I hope a good, honest Christian Republican not associated with Trump has the courage to run against him in 2020.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

Just the opposite. Those 3 had the principles & the patriotism to vote for what was best for their country, & not just fall in line behind Trump.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

Gracious is that a silly article. I hope it was meant as satire or just for lulz.

McCain's dedicated his adult life to serving his country, while Trump dedicated himself to serving himself. McCain is a true Republican, true American patriot. I'm proud of him. Too many other "Republicans" have just stood behind Trump pretending like whatever he farts out smells like roses. Good for McCain for having principles.

Upvote 0

Truth7t7

Dec 20, 2012
✟81,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just the opposite. Those 3 had the principles & the patriotism to vote for what was best for their country, & not just fall in line behind Trump.
Appears you oppose Trump, he's the best president since Reagan.

On his way to fulfilling his campaign promises, never seen actions like his in the last 40 years, great!

A great conservative Supreme court appointment, one more and we can turn the evil liberal ship around.

Same sex marriage, and killing the unborn, a curse upon America.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Appears you oppose Trump, he's the best president since Reagan.

On his way to fulfilling his campaign promises, never seen actions like his in the last 40 years, great!

Are you joking? I honestly can't tell. I think this is why Poe's Law was invented right here on this forum.

Upvote 0