How the Liberal Media Reacted to Trump’s Latest Comment Is Why Americans Have Lost Trust

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This Forum is a place for respectful discussion and debate of political issues, by Roman Catholics, in the context of the Roman Catholic Faith.

The radical left will use anything they can find to use against former President Trump, even if that means spinning the truth.

On Saturday, during a campaign rally in Ohio, Trump predicted a financial “bloodbath” facing the U.S. motor industry if he is not elected, giving China the green light to flood the country with their products.

Trump said:

If you’re listening, President Xi — and you and I are friends — but he understands the way I deal. Those big monster car manufacturing plants that you’re building in Mexico right now … you’re going to not hire Americans and you’re going to sell the cars to us, no. We’re going to put a 100% tariff on every single car that comes across the line, and you’re not going to be able to sell those cars if I get elected.
Now if I don’t get elected, it’s going to be a bloodbath for the whole — that’s gonna be the least of it […] It’s going to be a bloodbath for the country. That will be the least of it. But they’re not going to sell those cars. They’re building massive factories.
However, Trump’s comments were taken out of context and spun to look like he is promising a “bloodbath” if he is not elected in November.

Continued below.

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
This Forum is a place for respectful discussion and debate of political issues, by Roman Catholics, in the context of the Roman Catholic Faith.

The radical left will use anything they can find to use against former President Trump, even if that means spinning the truth.

On Saturday, during a campaign rally in Ohio, Trump predicted a financial “bloodbath” facing the U.S. motor industry if he is not elected, giving China the green light to flood the country with their products.

Trump said:

However, Trump’s comments were taken out of context and spun to look like he is promising a “bloodbath” if he is not elected in November.
Trump has some cognitive trouble finishing sentences BUT he doesn't get lost in what he's getting across. It's quite clear he means 1.) If he is elected the Chinese auto manufacturers will not be allowed to flood the US markets because Trump will put a 100% tariff on those cars. And 2.) If Biden wins and allows the Chinese to flood the US market with Chinese cars the US auto makers will suffer badly and the whole US economy will consequently suffer.

It takes a bit of work to understand Trump but it's not that hard. Making it out that MAGA folks will create a bloodbath if Trump loses is almost laughable. It would be laughable if I could trust these commentators, those so badly misreading Trump, not to promote violence if Trump wins.

Now here's what I wish. I want someone other than the Democrat and the Republican to win the presidential race. Pick them randomly out of the phone book. You couldn't do worse than these two. Someone who can speak cogently, can listen for content, someone who has a semi-accurate moral compass. It shouldn't be that hard to find such people.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Making it out that MAGA folks will create a bloodbath if Trump loses is almost laughable.
In light of January 6th it is no longer "laughable".
But certainly there is an over reaction to Trump's poor choice of words. We ought to be used to it by now.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
In light of January 6th it is no longer "laughable".
But certainly there is an over reaction to Trump's poor choice of words. We ought to be used to it by now.
January 6th was a nothingburger compared to other historical assaults on the Capitol building and grounds. The mythology of that day is way more than the reality of it.

There is a whole establishment of people that have become professional over-reactors. I would say they may have already melted down.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
January 6th was a nothingburger compared to other historical assaults on the Capitol building and grounds. The mythology of that day is way more than the reality of it.

There is a whole establishment of people that have become professional over-reactors. I would say they may have already melted down.
I must disagree completely . "Nothing Burger?" You cannot be serious.

Do you also think those who broke into the capital shouting , "Hang Pence" were "unbelievable patriates?

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I can be serious. I am serious. The Puerto Rican separatist episode was a far bigger deal. And that's just one such event.
Do you also think those who broke into the capital shouting , "Hang Pence" were "unbelievable patriates?
I don't know what a 'patriate' is. I presume you mean 'patriot' and 'patriots'.

Were those who hanged King George in effigy patriots? I donno. I'm not planning on hanging anyone. Nor saying that I will. Nor hanging anyone in effigy. That some said they wanted to hang Pence was not tested to see if they were being hyperbolic or not. You obviously think they would have, and the whole crowd would have cheered it. You can have that opinion if you want.

There were some people led in by Capitol Guards, and shown around. There were others who broke doors and other furniture. Which is why I can't call the whole thing a mob, much less a revolutionary mob. Nancy Pelosi could have had adequate guards available for the anticipated crowd, but she demurred. All in all it was much less about the violent overthrow of the government and more about political grandstanding by Democrats who made as much hay with it as they possibly could and still try to make hay with it. It was a nothingburger of an event where the Democrats tried to make too much of it, with political trials continuing to this day of people still locked up, many for simply being there.

It's the exact same mentality that tries to tell the world that Trump intends a bloodbath if he doesn't get elected. As in how he and his allies will rampage and kill everyone who opposed him. It's comic.

Oh, and for the record, in case you are prone to thinking I'm a rabid MAGA Trump guy, I voted for someone else in both elections. I'm not voting for him in 2024 either. But it's just silly how the Trump haters have lost all perspective. They really are the flip side of the same coin.

• Agree
Reactions: prodromos
Upvote 0

guyver

Dec 9, 2021
victoria
✟92,421.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Some people including the MSM think Trump is a little crazy with some of the things he says.
But for those who follow him we know exactly where he is at.

He deliberately confuses people and MSM by the use of his COMMS , both verbal and visual.
At one of his rallies last year he told the crowd to "watch the water" , his followers knew he was telling them to watch Kari Lake.
In another he said 'The storm is coming' and the media went crazy trying to figure him out , but we knew what he meant.

And just recently on stage in front of the crowd and MSM and I think it was only a few days ago , he called Joe Biden Joe Bidens , and he said it more than once to make a point. The crowd loved it because they knew what he meant , but any outsiders including the MSM would have been shocked and probably thought he was loosing it...lol

But back to the OP , we all know the media will do and say anything to discredit Trump , nothing new here.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't know what a 'patriate' is. I presume you mean 'patriot' and 'patriots'.
That was kind of you. Thank you. I don't know what happened there.

I cannot agree with you on your assessment of January 6th. I do hope that it wont happen again....ever, no matter who is elected and has to eventually leave office. I am not a Trump hater. But I am a lover of truth, decency and democracy. I also did not vote for either candidate in 2020.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
That was kind of you. Thank you. I don't know what happened there.

I cannot agree with you on your assessment of January 6th. I do hope that it wont happen again....ever, no matter who is elected and has to eventually leave office. I am not a Trump hater. But I am a lover of truth, decency and democracy. I also did not vote for either candidate in 2020.
I have seen enough of the hard left to suspect they will maximize conflict when they can. So yes, there will be increased pressure and violence if Trump wins. Real revolutionary stuff. One of the reasons I want anybody BUT a liberal Democrat (the only kind of Democrat left) (or a Trump like Republican for that matter).

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,519.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have seen enough of the hard left to suspect they will maximize conflict when they can. So yes, there will be increased pressure and violence if Trump wins. Real revolutionary stuff. One of the reasons I want anybody BUT a liberal Democrat (the only kind of Democrat left) (or a Trump like Republican for that matter).
You don't expect something akin to January 6th from the right if Trump loses?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟277,080.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

They didn't hang Pence, did they? :) Let's not confuse chants with actual crimes.
You don't expect something akin to January 6th from the right id Trump loses?
I would expect more of a violent outburst from the Left, if Trump wins. However, you bring up an interesting scenario. I don't think the opposing side is going to be happy no matter who wins in November. The Left will not accept a Trump victory, and the Right will not accept a Biden victory. Both sides will scream fraud if their candidate loses. It may lead to anything from Portland, Oregon, being burned to the ground (again), or even to popular uprisings and violence.

If there is a civil war, however, do not envision it to be anything like the last one, where the South seceded en bloc from the Union, and formed standing armies to fight the North. Today, the divisions are more ideological than regional, and the opposites are more diffused throughout the nationwide population. So, if there is a civil war, I would suspect it'll be something like the Troubles in Northern Ireland from 1969 to 1998: armed militias on both sides, operating in covert cells, blowing up targets and engaging in things like ambushes, bombings, and booby traps. The law enforcement forces, and even the armed forces may get involved, but even they won't be able to wipe it out entirely.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
You don't expect something akin to January 6th from the right id Trump loses?
I DO expect it from the Left if Trump wins. Coup or revolution, one or the other. Maybe some piddling response from the Right but nowhere near a revolution.

See how it's always all about Trump?

But here's the rub. If the Left has it's Coup or revolution then they can't impeach Trump three or four times more. Which is what I'm sure a lot of them really want to do.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Upvote 0

stone

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Feb 7, 2005
Everywhere
✟73,174.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It's really funny that the unions support democrats 100%. Clinton shut down factories and sent millions of Americans jobs across the globe. Biden is allowing China to take away automobile manufacturers jobs, all the while unions are having a stake driven through their hearts, in the back while supporting the hand that will kill them. Here's your blood bath.

Upvote 0

LizaMarie

Jan 17, 2015
✟142,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Now here's what I wish. I want someone other than the Democrat and the Republican to win the presidential race. Pick them randomly out of the phone book. You couldn't do worse than these two. Someone who can speak cogently, can listen for content, someone who has a semi-accurate moral compass. It shouldn't be that hard to find such people.
I'm very depressed about having to choose between these two this year. I'm not going to go into details, but I was hoping and praying that we wouldn't have a re-run of these two. I'm tired of having to hold my nose and vote for the lesser of two evils.
My preferred candidate lost in the primaries, and that's how it goes. I think either one of these are terrible for America, although in different ways.
And realistically, it's going to be one of these two who win in November.

• Agree
Reactions: SashaMaria
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,238,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I'm very depressed about having to choose between these two this year. I'm not going to go into details, but I was hoping and praying that we wouldn't have a re-run of these two. I'm tired of having to hold my nose and vote for the lesser of two evils.
My preferred candidate lost in the primaries, and that's how it goes. I think either one of these are terrible for America, although in different ways.
And realistically, it's going to be one of these two who win in November.
Yup. Realistically it’s Tweedle Dee or Tweedle Dum. BUT you don’t HAVE TO waste your vote on either of them.

• Agree
Reactions: LizaMarie
Upvote 0