How Pentecostal Are You?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 12, 2006
✟15,131.00
Faith
Christian
I scored

scored as Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan.

You are an evangelical in the Wesleyan tradition. You believe that God's grace enables you to choose to believe in him, even though you yourself are totally depraved. The gift of the Holy Spirit gives you assurance of your salvation, and he also enables you to live the life of obedience to which God has called us. You are influenced heavly by John Wesley and the Methodists.

Upvote 0

JamesBurrow

Jan 3, 2006
At the LORD's feet
✟148.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan 93%
Charismatic/Pentecostal 75%
Neo orthodox 71%
Fundamentalist 57%
Classical Liberal 50%
Emergent/Postmodern 43%
Reformed Evangelical 36%
Roman Catholic 32%
Modern Liberal 25%

Hmm...I expected to be at least a little higher on the Pentecostal list. Then again, I've only been Pentecostal for about 5 months....

Upvote 0

cruztacean

Oct 7, 2005
✟8,818.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan 96%
Charismatic/Pentecostal 64%
Emergent/Postmodern 61% <-----(What's that?)
Neo orthodox 57%
Classical Liberal 57%
Fundamentalist 54%
Reformed Evangelical 50%
Modern Liberal 29%
Roman Catholic 11%

I'd say this describes me fairly well. I am Pentecostal but not UPC or Oneness. However, since I know Christ is my Lord and Savior but have yet to find a church home I *completely* agree with (you'll notice no 100% anywhere) I want to look more into this Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan thing.

I too answered what I took as neutral when I came upon a question like "So and so is an important theologian." Chances are I had never heard of so and so, have no idea what so and so's theology is, and therefore can neither agree nor disagree.

I'm surprised to have any Roman Catholic in me at all... must be because I said that Mary does have a place. Yes, she has a place, but that place is not as mediatrix between her son and the rest of us. She was the vessel by which Christ came into the world and was an early Christian who was present at the day of Pentecost. She had to be saved like everyone else, but she was. I have respect for Mary but do not worship her.

Upvote 0

cruztacean

Oct 7, 2005
✟8,818.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
UnderTheBlood said:
It said I was mostly something that I didn't even recognize. I'm just a Christian. I believe that being Pentecostal is an experience rather than a denomination. I'm all for unifying the body of Christ. It's okay that we all worship in different ways, but in the end, we don't want our denominations to separate God's body into parts where they will not function as He needs them too. Let's all just be Christians. Does anyone agree?

Yes!
Because the true head of the Church is Jesus Christ, not some theologian or preacher.
:amen: :clap:

Upvote 0

cruztacean

Oct 7, 2005
✟8,818.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
He put me back together said:
Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan 79% Put that dress on, woman!

Charismatic/Pentecostal 61% Glorrrrrah!

Classical Liberal 57% Heh....so much for that quiz.

Emergent/Postmodern 54% Jesus had 3 eyes. Truth.

Neo orthodox 46% Where's my hat?

Reformed Evangelical 46% Repent, boy!

Fundamentalist 46% *thump*

Modern Liberal 43% Do I smell marijuana?

Roman Catholic 21% Ag - - - - - - - - - - - - - - nus - - - - - that's all you get.

:D :p Very, very funny. I enjoyed and needed that. And I'll have to wait until someone else posts to this thread before I do again, because I think this is three in a row.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Febe

Dec 13, 2005
Gothenburg, Sweden.
✟4,260.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
jlujan69 said:
Take this here little test and find out. You may have seen this one already, I don't know. I was a little surprised to see how low I rated as a Pentecostal......Well, how'd you folks do?

;) I seem to be 50% Pentecostal!:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.