Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I still do not understand why you even think that's a fair comparison. We don't know where the primordial atom came from, which is actually now (apparently) not an accepted idea for the Big Bang theory anyway, but to say that we don't know would still mean that it would still be science. And even if you said that you can't say where God came from, it would still be religion.

Thanks for the QED.

Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟276,055.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I know this is off-topic and no-one has actually answered it, but Feynman got arrested by the US Amy because he kept breaking into the offices of the other scientists he was working with to get stuff without going through all the red-tape, and then he decided to P them off even more by breaking into his own office.

Off-topic, I know, but still. It's also very funny.

He wasn't arrested. He was temporarily detained (on base) and asked to stop doing a couple of things that were making an already generally paranoid facility/staff even more paranoid.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟351,049.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
He wasn't arrested. He was temporarily detained (on base) and asked to stop doing a couple of things that were making an already generally paranoid facility/staff even more paranoid.

You need to be arrested before you're detained, generally.
Though it was military police, so the rules might be different.

But yeah, no, Feynman's big bad arrest record is basically breaking into his own office and offices of others because he couldn't be bothered with the red-tape.

Upvote 0