How Often When you First wake up Do You Praise & Worship & Pray?

How Often Do You Wake Up Praising God And Spend Time Praying To Him?

• Every Day

• Every other Day

• Once Or Twice A Week

• Once Or Twice A Month

• Never

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
A while back I was given word that when I first wake up in the morning I should be praiseing and worshiping God. That before I get out of bed I should have done this or at least have done some sort of prayer. That before I get out of bed I should have some communication with God.

I have been working on this and I must say it sure starts my day out right! I wish I could do this more but for one, I am not a morning person and second sometimes God just doesn't come to mind when I first wake up.

I not only want an indication for myself on the frequency that people do this day to day but just how important it is for them to do so.

Prayer straight from the heart or some kind of devotion, memorized or not, I see no difference in it as I realize eveyone is different. I'm more interested in the importance that people place in makeing God the most important thing in starting their day.

As for me, I don't do this every morning but it's more like every other morning. I also go through times where I'll wake up every morning with God on my mind and say a pray to Him but then there are times when I can go for days without ever doing this.

Archangel

Sith Lord
Jun 3, 2004
Northern Ireland
✟1,343.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Remember that some people are morning people and others are night time people. Praying first thing in the morning or getting up early may work for some, for others its better at night. And for some, anytime.
You dont have to be praising and praying to God first thing in the morning, rather pray when it is best for you, and set a special time apart for him, be it morning or night.

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Archangel said:
Remember that some people are morning people and others are night time people. Praying first thing in the morning or getting up early may work for some, for others its better at night. And for some, anytime.
You dont have to be praising and praying to God first thing in the morning, rather pray when it is best for you, and set a special time apart for him, be it morning or night.
I work the night shift and I think I already said that I realize the problems with this. I should know! For me as a night shifter, I see noon to afternoon as being morning. :)

I want to know those who feel that praising God is the most important thing before they get out of bed.

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Archangel said:
does it mean that if i dotn pray to God before i get out of bed, that im less of a mature christian?
Can you just answer the question without believeing I am pointing the finger at you?

The question is simple. How often do you wake up with Jesus on your mind and praise and worship him.

The poll is totally anomonous. None of us have to know what you personally do.

And besides, I already said that I don't do this every day. I have freely given you what I do as a practise. You don't have to do the same. Just answer the poll.

To answer your question directly...I tend to believe so and because of this I question my commitment to Jesus Christ and that is why I created this poll.

Upvote 0

BarbB

I stand with my brothers and sisters in Israel!
Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
Neph - this topic has been on my mind for the last year. I often do praise God before getting up, but I have to do so silently or the dog wakes up and licks me. :) But God knows all. I admit also that my days go better with God!

Do you find that you think about God all day? I'm retired now, so I don't have to worry about doing this while I'm working, but I think about him all day long. I pray short prayers, I thank him continually, I praise him, I talk to him. I could call it an obsession, but it is God, after all! :clap:

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
newlamb said:
Neph - this topic has been on my mind for the last year. I often do praise God before getting up, but I have to do so silently or the dog wakes up and licks me. :)
Oh now come on now, I know that we can praise and worship Him in silence. Sometimes it's fun to jump and shout but most times it's not such a practicle thing.

But God knows all. I admit also that my days go better with God!
Yes, and what I find that if I don't wake up with Jesus on my mind or in my heart my day rarely consists of Him. These are the days when I find myself falling into sin and generally not walking in the Spirit. I'm getting to the point were I see wakeing up with God is essencial and is a determining factor on how my day is going to go.

Do you find that you think about God all day? I'm retired now, so I don't have to worry about doing this while I'm working, but I think about him all day long. I pray short prayers, I thank him continually, I praise him, I talk to him. I could
Well I always think about God every day but not all day long. I still have many jobs to do in this life where I can't dwell on Him but that is where and how I believe the elders such as you can be such prayer warriors. Well really, when there's a need in the church or community who best to go and pray with then with someone who has the time to pray. Honest to God, people seem like they have no time to pray now days! WHAT A SHAME!!!

call it an obsession, but it is God, after all! :clap:

It's not an obsession but just having relationship with our Almighty Father, AMEN? If there's something wrong with that then I don't want to be right!!!
LOL, have you ever heard of the Mandrell sisters? They did a song way back in the 1980s called "If lovin you is wrong, I don't want to be right" well, that's how I feel about Jesus!

Reactions: BarbB
Upvote 0

HisKid1973

Thank You Jesus For Interceding For Me
Mar 29, 2005
Chocolate Town USA
✟15,349.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hi Bro. I am not the morning type. I have worked 2nd shift most of my later life. I sorta am the pray without ceasing type. I get awake and when I am all there lots of time I acknowlege my heavenly Daddy. I liken it to logging on in the am and communicating with the thoughts going thru my mind. I am having health problems and not able to work so I spend alot of time here praying and encouraging those around here. I might b reading your post and feel the Holy Spirit prompt me to pray fot you or someone else..There is rampant deception in the last days and we need to be prayed up, know the word and be affected more bythe word and less by the world..Shalom.ybic .kim

Reactions: BarbB
Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
HisKid1973 said:
Hi Bro. I am not the morning type. I have worked 2nd shift most of my later life. I sorta am the pray without ceasing type. I get awake and when I am all there lots of time I acknowlege my heavenly Daddy. I liken it to logging on in the am and communicating with the thoughts going thru my mind. I am having health problems and not able to work so I spend alot of time here praying and encouraging those around here. I might b reading your post and feel the Holy Spirit prompt me to pray fot you or someone else..There is rampant deception in the last days and we need to be prayed up, know the word and be affected more bythe word and less by the world..Shalom.ybic .kim

I'm sorry to hear of your health problems, I will pray for you. But as I go I see a deep need for prayer wariors, people who will be praying to God without ceaseing. For the time being you are one of these prayer wariors. What you need right now is someone to pray with you. I know we are told to call on the elders of the church when there is a prayer need but I also believe there is a demension of God where we can call on Him and He will answer.

Psalm 24:3-5, Who shall ascend into the hill of the LORD? or who shall stand in his holy place?
He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.
He shall receive the blessing from the LORD, and righteousness from God of his salvation!

I believe and if you believe also then lets pray together and agree.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Celticflower

charity crocheter
Feb 20, 2004
East Tenn.
✟9,279.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
I rarely wake up and praise God--I have too much to do in the hour and a half between my alarm going off and getting the kids out the door. But I do pray for them as they leave and then a bit later I pray for my husband as he heads off to work.

For a long time I had a Celtic morning prayer hanging over the coffee maker and I would take a few moments to meditate on it before packing lunches. But we moved the coffee maker and there is no place to put my now worn and stained card with the prayer printed on it.

Upvote 0

HisKid1973

Thank You Jesus For Interceding For Me
Mar 29, 2005
Chocolate Town USA
✟15,349.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Thanks bro for the prayer.I take all I can get. I liken my relationship to God to my relationship with my wife. Communication is paramount for me .Love and affection is daily expressed back and forth. We are the bride of Christ and He is our husband. I couldn't imagine not smileing or getting a kiss and a good morning from my wife. Same with prayer. can you imagine how a marriage would fair just having limited affection, contact or communication. Sometimes I can feel heavenly arms wrapped around me and I can sense My Daddy is pleased with me. Shalom..Kim

Upvote 0

sanctified2

Aug 3, 2005
North Carolina
✟7,875.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I am the first to say I am ashammed . I don't do it every morning like I should. God has blessed me and my family so much, thats at least i can do. But I fail to do it.

nephilimiyr said:
A while back I was given word that when I first wake up in the morning I should be praiseing and worshiping God. That before I get out of bed I should have done this or at least have done some sort of prayer. That before I get out of bed I should have some communication with God.

I have been working on this and I must say it sure starts my day out right! I wish I could do this more but for one, I am not a morning person and second sometimes God just doesn't come to mind when I first wake up.

I not only want an indication for myself on the frequency that people do this day to day but just how important it is for them to do so.

Prayer straight from the heart or some kind of devotion, memorized or not, I see no difference in it as I realize eveyone is different. I'm more interested in the importance that people place in makeing God the most important thing in starting their day.

As for me, I don't do this every morning but it's more like every other morning. I also go through times where I'll wake up every morning with God on my mind and say a pray to Him but then there are times when I can go for days without ever doing this.

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
sanctified2 said:
I am the first to say I am ashammed . I don't do it every morning like I should. God has blessed me and my family so much, thats at least i can do. But I fail to do it.
Thanks for your input sanctified and don't feel like you are alone. I think it's important that we do this, that before we get out of bed that we acknowledge God in some way and I have never done this as a day to day thing. Recently I have decided to make this a priority and I intend to stay committed in doing this.

HisKid1973, God Bless you! Thank you for the marriage example that you used, that was powerful! Get ready because I will be praying for yah.

Celticflower, God bless the mothers and housewives! I know I don't say this enough to my wife so thanks for reminding me. We all appreciate what you all do for us. LOL, my wife is going to get a big thank you kiss tomorrow morning!

AveMaria, You're odviously someone who believes in starting the day out right giving God some praise and worship. Do you have any advise or tips you like to share?

Thanks everyone for your thoughts! :)

Upvote 0

deu58

Senior Veteran
Dec 12, 2003
Philippines
Visit site
✟11,169.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi Neph

My wife is up usually about 5 in the morning and that is the very first thing she does is worship and pray, As for me my eyeballs are still spinning and I just want to go back to bed, I am a very slow starter inthe mornings, I most be getting old!!!!

yours in Christ
deu 58

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AveMaria

Anglo-Catholic Tat Queen
Aug 2, 2004
✟19,896.00
Faith
Anglican
Politics
US-Democrat
nephilimiyr said:
AveMaria, You're odviously someone who believes in starting the day out right giving God some praise and worship. Do you have any advise or tips you like to share?

I do the best that I can, which isn't always enough.

The thing that helped me, was one year, during Lent, I decided I was going to do Morning & Evening Prayer daily, as part of my Lenten discipline. I told myself, I can re-arrange my schedule for 40 days and get up a little bit earlier.

Much to my surprise, I loved it. I loved how it 'framed' my day, how it gave my life meaning, and I decided to continue the practice. Typically, in the mornings, I have my coffee or tea, take my shower, and then do Morning Prayer - I'm completely unfit and still half asleep until after my tea and shower! I know others who do it, still in their PJs or still tucked in bed. I think the key is finding what works for you!

A friend of mine started making time to pray every morning twice a week, and then began adding a day every few weeks, until she was starting every morning with prayer.

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
deu58 said:
Hi Neph

My wife is up usually about 5 in the morning and that is the very first thing she does is worship and pray, As for me my eyeballs are still spinning and I just want to go back to bed, I am a very slow starter inthe mornings, I most be getting old!!!!

yours in Christ
deu 58
Hi deu!
Yep, I'm the same way you are. I'm just a real bear also when I first get up and most of the time I'm in no mood to pray. I have more to say but it mostly pertains to Avemaria's post.

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
AveMaria said:
The thing that helped me, was one year, during Lent, I decided I was going to do Morning & Evening Prayer daily, as part of my Lenten discipline. I told myself, I can re-arrange my schedule for 40 days and get up a little bit earlier.
This will help others but it's not practical for me to do. I work night shift and have never been able to find any good sleep schedule that I can do on a consistant basis.

Much to my surprise, I loved it. I loved how it 'framed' my day, how it gave my life meaning, and I decided to continue the practice. Typically, in the mornings, I have my coffee or tea, take my shower, and then do Morning Prayer - I'm completely unfit and still half asleep until after my tea and shower! I know others who do it, still in their PJs or still tucked in bed. I think the key is finding what works for you!
It would seem like you, deu, and myself have this same problem of fully wakeing up in the morning. Maybe I'm placeing too much importance on prayer in bed or right after getting up. What I liked what you had to say is that we need to find what works best for us. I'm going to have to find that time in the morning when I'm ready to give God some of myself. Problem is, saying that and doing it are two different things...:sigh:

A friend of mine started making time to pray every morning twice a week, and then began adding a day every few weeks, until she was starting every morning with prayer.
That might work for me. I know what is working for me at the present is just saying a few things to God. I haven't really been taking along time in my prayers to him but just thanking Him for being so awesome and for my blessings and asking him for His guidance throughout the day.

Anyway, thanks for the tips, they are helpful!

Upvote 0

deu58

Senior Veteran
Dec 12, 2003
Philippines
Visit site
✟11,169.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi all

Maybe it is just like anything else, Just do it until it becomes habit, I do not mean ritual mind you but just something you automatically do,

An example is I am a seaman, When I am at work the first few weeks are really rough, I work seven days a week and I am a slave to the clock,

Sleep is always disrupted by the ships schedule, Up at 1 in the morning to manuver into or out of port which can take from a couple of hours to all day depending if your manuvering up a river to an inland port, Then there is refueling, Cargo ops ships stores and repairs,

After 3 or 4 months on the beach sleeping till noon this can be pretty rough at first, But after a couple of weeks your body adapts to it and becomes just a natural thing,

Of course there is the added incentive of being fired if I do not get out of bed onthe ship, Fortunatly God does not fire us if we do not pray in the morning!!!^_^

I think the same thing applies though, If you really want to do it and you push yourself for awhile it will just become natural behavioer for you,

yours in Christ
deu 58

Upvote 0

Celticflower

charity crocheter
Feb 20, 2004
East Tenn.
✟9,279.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Just a personal opinion---

I don't think it mattters so much when we pray or how long, but that we pray at all. I have found that I spend a lot of my computer time in prayer--mainly because I am part of a very active prayer list on the computer. As each message comes up I pray for the need. When I encounter people here at CF who need prayer (or seem to), I pray for them. Usually without them knowing it. I praise God for the insights into other's types of worship that I have learned here and ask God to bless those who opened my eyes to a new thought or interpretation. Being a stay at home mom I find I talk to God alot during the day, especially now that school has started and I spend most of the day on my own. I make blankets of Project Linus and prayer shawls. Each has been prayed over as they were worked on.

So, if you don't jump out of bed and into prayer first thing in the morning, but do pray thoughout the day, I think God will not be offended. I think He is pleased that you remember Him anytime.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.