Bowie, MD
✟15,493.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Could you please point to one insult I have hurled at the religious members?
If you are a Consol sock puppet, my contention is justified, as most members are familiar with your antics and can support my statement.

If not, then your statements, recommending the government restrict or remove religious teaching and the religious persons' failure to use reasoning faculties along with having a penchant to brainwash their children, deserve the labels of stupid and incendiary. However, the comments on your medication can be disregarded in that case.

Upvote 0

DDan

Sep 28, 2015
✟186.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
If you are a Consol sock puppet, my contention is justified, as most members are familiar with your antics and can support my statement.
I chose to ignore this part because whatever answer I give I will be damned.
If not, then your statements, recommending the government restrict or remove religious teaching and the religious persons' failure to use reasoning faculties along with having a penchant to brainwash their children, deserve the labels of stupid and incendiary. However, the comments on your medication can be disregarded in that case.
I asked if people defending free speech extended to Nazism, if something is damaging to the society because of 'free speech' is it regarded as a good thing or a bad thing and what would be done if it was a bad thing, is it the price you pay to have 'free speech'?

Religion in my opinion damages all societies where they thrive, you only need to look around the world to see this for yourself.
All religion are bad, am I allowed to hold that opinion?

I believe people should be free to say what they like but as soon as people start acting on what people say a line must be drawn, the US is known for it's lynch mobs, would Americans like to see those days come back?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

justlookinla

Mar 31, 2014
✟20,665.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Had you arrived at your belief through reason then reason might perhaps change your mind but as you and I both know there was no reason involved was there?
You seem to have the ability to talk yourself into believing anything, unfortunately I don't have that same ability.

Where do your beliefs come from though? If we are to believe certain views of evolution, we are no more than random life forms, bags of chemicals, produced by a supposed mechanism and have no inherent value. Our existence is no more than an illusion created by the firing of synapses in our randomly evolved, incomprehensibly complex, brain....if we are to believe the worldview preached by certain views of evolution.

Have you talked yourself into believing you're more than that? If so, what factors determined this belief?

Upvote 0

DerelictJunction

Mild-Mannered Super Villian
Sep 16, 2015
Bowie, MD
✟15,493.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I chose to ignore this part because whatever answer I give I will be damned.
Indeed. Perhaps a less strident objection to religion in your next OP would distance you effectively from that infamous poster.
I asked if people defending free speech extended to Nazism, if something is damaging to the society because of 'free speech' is it regarded as a good thing or a bad thing and what would be done if it was a bad thing, is it the price you pay to have 'free speech'?
Why would you think that speeches and writings supporting Nazism are damaging to society?

Religion in my opinion damages all societies where they thrive, you only need to look around the world to see this for yourself.
This is demonstrably false. A quick look at history shows the stabilizing influence of religion.
All religion are bad, am I allowed to hold that opinion?
Yes. However, you don't have to insult people on a forum in order to demonstrate how much you hate religion. They just wind up focusing on the insult and stop listening to your argument.

I believe people should be free to say what they like but as soon as people start acting on what people say a line must be drawn, the US is known for it's lynch mobs, would Americans like to see those days come back?
This statement is unclear. You seem to be saying that if a person makes a statement which is acted upon and that action results in something "bad", then the statement should be outlawed. Seems a bit restrictive and would eventually result in an extremely narrow range of ideas that can be expressed in the public forum.
I believe the justice system should punish actions, not ideas.

So, in response to your OP, while I consider creationism to be worthy of harsh ridicule, it should be tolerated as free speech. It should not be part of science.

Upvote 0

DDan

Sep 28, 2015
✟186.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
So, in response to your OP, while I consider creationism to be worthy of harsh ridicule, it should be tolerated as free speech. It should not be part of science.
The teaching of creationism has been banned in the UK and rightly so in my opinion.

How can believing a lie be beneficial to anyone? something not backed by evidence should be dismissed.
Absolutely nothing other than religion is taken on faith, nothing, everything else we believe is evidence based.

Reactions: Larniavc
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

willubraptured2

Seeking After Jesus
Sep 5, 2015
Carmichael California
✟15,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Bloc
That would be all of the fossils we have. All of the fossils fall into the predicted nested hierarchy. All of the fossils are evidence in support of evolution.
It is my understanding that there are many (secular) scientists that would disagree with you and would literally laugh that evolution is well founded. I don't have the time or inclination to develop this further. I wish you well.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
It is my understanding that there are many (secular) scientists that would disagree with you and would literally laugh that evolution is well founded. I don't have the time or inclination to develop this further. I wish you well.

Many?

"Of the scientists and engineers in the United States, only about 5% are creationists, according to a 1991 Gallup poll (Robinson 1995, Witham 1997). However, this number includes those working in fields not related to life origins (such as computer scientists, mechanical engineers, etc.). Taking into account only those working in the relevant fields of earth and life sciences, there are about 480,000 scientists, but only about 700 believe in "creation-science" or consider it a valid theory (Robinson 1995). This means that less than 0.15 percent of relevant scientists believe in creationism. And that is just in the United States, which has more creationists than any other industrialized country. In other countries, the number of relevant scientists who accept creationism drops to less than one tenth of 1 percent. "
http://www.talkorigins.org/indexcc/CA/CA111.html

Also, you never addressed what I said. If scientists are saying that a fossil falsifies the theory of evolution, lets see that fossil. From what I have seen, all of the fossils fit the prediction of a nested hierarchy.

Upvote 0

crjmurray

The Bear. Not The Bull.
Dec 17, 2014
Lake Ouachita
✟16,029.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private

Can you provide evidence as to why you have that understanding? Or are you blatantly saying that you have no intention to back up your statements?

Upvote 0

DDan

Sep 28, 2015
✟186.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Do they shut down churches that teach creationism?
No unfortunately they don't, how many children will be paying the price of being raised by creationists?
They even have Muslim madrasas here, creationists can see the indoctrination and damage being done by Muslim madrasas but they can't see the indoctrination and damage being done by creationism, religions obviously make fools of everyone.

People should be arguing about reality not myths.

Reactions: Larniavc
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
No unfortunately they don't,

Then it appears the UK is the same as the US.

how many children will be paying the price of being raised by creationists?
They even have Muslim madrasas here, creationists can see the indoctrination and damage being done by Muslim madrasas but they can't see the indoctrination and damage being done by creationism, religions obviously make fools of everyone.

People should be arguing about reality not myths.

Reading threads written by consol is surely punishment enough?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.