how many of you go to church every Sunday?

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,641.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
_​
I do not go to church. I use to go every Sunday, but i stopped going as my mom got older and quit going. I stayed home to look after her.

Plus really, the pastor at the church was more of a lordship salvation type preacher. I am a free grace Eternal Life (salvation) theology believer.

So I just became tired of sitting in church and disagreeing with a lot of what was being preached.

Now I am 57 years old and single and really the same pastor is still there. Plus that is really the theology (lordship salvation) of most southern baptist churches.

So i read and study from home, from people who are free grace teachers. This website Grace Evangelical Society is a great source of teaching from the free grace theology.

Plus now added to my disagreements with church is their creation beliefs. Being that 99%+ believe in sciences cosmology (globe earth,etc..) and not The Bibles creation accounts.

Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It used to be every Sunday. Then for a few years I stopped. I figured I was in my 20s & s/ just enjoy life. But I realized going to church is important to God. The Bible stresses the importance of fellowship w/ other believers on the first day of the week in worship. I think I've missed only a few times since COVID ended (Start of 2021).

Also, I just realized this is the Singles section: Also, I want a church girl so realized that I should be living like a church man. (even tho no singles at the church - RIP)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

APersonWithNoName

Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2022
Auckland
✟90,245.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It used to be every Sunday. Then for a few years I stopped. I figured I was in my 20s & s/ just enjoy life. But I realized going to church is important to God. I think I've missed only a few times since COVID ended (Start of 2021).

Also, I just realized this is the Singles section: Also, I want a church girl so realized that I should be living like a church man. (even tho no singles at the church - RIP)

the people at your church, would they consider themselves to be born again evangelical Christians?

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I try to worship via remote service every Sunday.

I used to physically go all the time, but I couldn't shake the hope in the back of my head that I'd meet the right lady there. After getting rejected enough times, I didn't want to hope anymore.

Editing to clarify: The remote services I attend are the same church I physically went to. My men's group is based out of it. The serving opportunities I try to do are connected through it. I like the teaching and the priorities of the church.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟215,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I try to worship via remote service every Sunday.

I used to physically go all the time, but I couldn't shake the hope in the back of my head that I'd meet the right lady there. After getting rejected enough times, I didn't want to hope anymore.
That's so sad :disappointed:
& not very encouraging :(

• Agree
Reactions: Sketcher
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟953,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
We stopped attending a few years ago. The desire left and I wanted to know why. It wasn’t due to a negative experience or setting. We were well liked and served a lot.

My commitment to God is unchanged. I haven’t wavered in my calling. My friends and family are believers.

But our perspective on church has changed. I’m not opposed to fellowship and considered a house church for a time. We’ve settled on a chapel.

I’m interested in forging relationships with people who invest in others. Every one has part to play. Whether you’re operating in 1, 5, or 10 talents is unimportant. Using what you’ve got is a must.

That’s the mindset I want to nurture. People sold out for God and ready for the next step. Getting things done. Accomplishing His will. That’s my focus.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I currently go every Sunday. I used to go every Tuesday and Friday as well, but I have pulled back a bit since the holidays. I often don't know if I am a good fit there. There's an uncomfortable dynamic between the younger and older members. The older members seem comfortable with the church being a coffeehouse place to hang out on Sundays. The older pastor has provided no leadership and no vision for many years and we have suffered because of it. There are younger people and leaders in the church who want to change things. The older members don't want to change at all.

I've considered leaving, but the Lord has put it on my heart to stay. I will probably become a pastor there in the next couple of years.

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
why and why not?
I go to church with my lady friend. We get to Sunday School.

What I appreciate is the sons of the pastor seem for real and give good messages which can feed newer and more mature Christians. And the pastor talks some about issues > this can keep things interesting :) And I appreciate being able to share things during the Sunday School and while talking after service. And we are multi-cultural and various ages.

and how close you feel towards God at the moment?
Do you mean how I feel at the moment of being in church? In case you mean this, I am satisfied I am with God during church service and afterward. Now I would say I am more into loving, instead of just trying to get recognition and mainly criticizing other people. So, this does me good, how I am more into having compassion on anyone who is an issue for me.

But I do not just sing the words of a song. Often, I change the words I am singing to be what I consider Biblical or more Biblical. For example, if a song is about how God is so good to me, I might change the words to say He is good to us and not only to me, and I might change to singing a prayer to God about how I need Him to make me more real in loving and being His way.

In case you are asking if I feel close to God, right now while I am writing this > I am quiet and satisfied to trust God to do what He pleases with me. And I find He communicates not only with words, but deeper in how He shares with me in peace and guides me deeper than what words could tell me to do. And how He gets me out of stupid nonsense in me . . . this communicates.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Somber

꧁✿❁❀❁✿꧂
Oct 23, 2011
The Fairy Ring
✟101,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I don't think I have been to a church on Sunday for a very long time. Last church I went to was the Messianic congregation that my mom sometimes visits on Sabbath days...think I went there a few times last year. I don't know if I really fit into the church scene anymore, although I don't mind going to the messianic congregation with my mom every once in a while. The people there are probably the least judgmental I've met, they haven't been able to afford a pastor so they just take turns reading scripture portions and doing prayer requests, then they sing a lot of songs and do the Hebrew dance with is kind of fun. My mom tries getting me to go to other churches with her sometimes, but I just can't bring myself to go anywhere else ever since the rough patch and changes I went through some years ago, idk. My mom likes to go to churches different from her own beliefs to debate people and I don't really enjoy that at all. lol

Upvote 0

mojoboy31

Kitchen Ninja
Oct 19, 2014
One does not simply give away one's location.
✟241,469.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I haven't stepped foot into a church since 2006..... I think.... Maybe 2007.

Just too many bad experiences, one after the next, after the next, after the next. We bible study as a family, my dad teaches a lesson, we have communion together. It's better than any church we ever tried to attend.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have been thinking about starting a house church rather than becoming the pastor of a church. When you look at the modern conventional church and the Acts 2 church, they look nothing alike. Too many resources are being wasted on things like buildings and salaries while we aren't taking care of the 'least of these.'

• Friendly
Reactions: Somber
Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,007,133.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I don't think I have been to a church on Sunday for a very long time. Last church I went to was the Messianic congregation that my mom sometimes visits on Sabbath days...think I went there a few times last year. I don't know if I really fit into the church scene anymore, although I don't mind going to the messianic congregation with my mom every once in a while. The people there are probably the least judgmental I've met, they haven't been able to afford a pastor so they just take turns reading scripture portions and doing prayer requests, then they sing a lot of songs and do the Hebrew dance with is kind of fun. My mom tries getting me to go to other churches with her sometimes, but I just can't bring myself to go anywhere else ever since the rough patch and changes I went through some years ago, idk. My mom likes to go to churches different from her own beliefs to debate people and I don't really enjoy that at all. lol

No matter the topic, entering into a debate with someone with the goal of trying to win that person over to your position is foolishness.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Multifavs

Daughter of God
Site Supporter
May 28, 2017
USA
✟151,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I haven't been able to attend church physically in years because 1. I feel more anxious whenever I'm there (I don't know why) 2. because of my parents' health problems that make it difficult for them to attend and 3. because of the pandemic going around. Fortunately there are televised and online Masses available that we try to watch every week.

I feel closer to God now than I did in the past but I still have room for improvement.

• Friendly
Reactions: Somber
Upvote 0

Somber

꧁✿❁❀❁✿꧂
Oct 23, 2011
The Fairy Ring
✟101,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
No matter the topic, entering into a debate with someone with the goal of trying to win that person over to your position is foolishness.
Yes, this is how I feel as well. :ahem:

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,164,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I haven't been to a church service since 2007. Occasionally I am tempted to go to some random church one of these days. I do have good memories of those times, and it would be weird yet cool to experience some of them again.

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟994,053.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Yeah, well, ... if you disagree with Somber's Mom's theological position then you're going straight to hell.
:p

• Haha
Reactions: .Mikha'el.
Upvote 0

sunshineforJesus

is so in love with God
Feb 19, 2014
Sterling Ct
✟716,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I love church and go every sunday,I do help out with the kids alot so miss alot of
church services upstairs,but love helping out with the little ones. I have grown and am growing alot with our awesome pastors sermons.

Upvote 0