How many of you are gonna be missionaries???

mgh887

Aug 11, 2005
Singapore
✟132.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Blessed be the Lord of our GOD!
Greetings from Singapore.

I am actually would like to be the missionaries, however, I don't have enough spiritual power and strength to do that. My English language is not so good as the rest of the Englishman. I just want to be prayed that I can speak English well and fluently through Him who teaches me the right Way and Be blessed to those who prays for me in order that I can be the missionaries in the future to spread over the good news...

God bless you.

Best Regards,
Zhen Tian Long

Upvote 0

skiguy21

Feb 15, 2005
✟8,823.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
It is somthing that i have considered being when i grow up. I went on my first Mission trip with my youthgroup this summer to Salt Lick, KY and built a new Porch for a lady..the old one was completely rotted out.. We went for 1 week and it was amazing..this year i will go to Mexico..anyway i think when i grow up thats what i wanna be :D

Upvote 0

Willo

Reformed Bapist
Apr 5, 2005
Brisbane, Queensland
Visit site
✟2,432.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
Charles Spurgeon, the prince of preachers said:

"Every Christian is either a missionary or an imposter"

Basically every Christian is to serve as a missionary, if you aren't then you are an imposter to the Christian faith (i.e. a fraud)

Upvote 0

ElElohe

A humble Resistentialist
Jun 27, 2003
Siloam Springs, AR
Visit site
✟8,822.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Willo said:
Charles Spurgeon, the prince of preachers said:

"Every Christian is either a missionary or an imposter"

Basically every Christian is to serve as a missionary, if you aren't then you are an imposter to the Christian faith (i.e. a fraud)

Dare I take sides against anything Sprugeon said, but I must address this.

To be accurate and for a better understanding among all brethren, it is best said that everyone has a part in missions or is an imposter, in Spurgeon's line of thinking. A missionary is best defined as a "sent one (in greek, "apostle").

I serve part time, on support, with a small mobilizing organization. Yet I have a hard time calling myself a missionary. I work stateside. Now, I did leave my homestate and move to Arkansas *gasp* of all places. But I am not working cross-culturally.

Let us for clarity's sake refer to my service as mobilizing (since that's what it is, anyway).

And let us for clarity's sake refer to the sharing of the Gospel within your own culture "evangelism."

Upvote 0

ren_leung

Jun 11, 2005
Australia
Visit site
✟7,660.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
hi guys,

i think im called 2 b a missionary... specifically - a community action missionary.

it duznt look like it; iv only been christian for a yr, im 19yrs-old doing an accounting+finance degree, my non-christian parents aspire me 2 work in an office, but iv had a passion in my heart since i was a kid 2 serve the needy.

at the end of this yr, ill be either going 2 africa as a world vision youth ambassador, or ill b going 2 thailand/burma for a missions trip in the battlefields of the thailand/burma border.

my dream is 2 b a missionary in iraq - my dad straight-out sed "NO!" hahaha
well - gotta honour my parents! but i noe the time ll come wen God ll use me 2 do great things in challenging places!

God bless the missionaries all over the world! whether it b those risking martyrdom in iraq, or those devoting themselves in a secular school!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

musicionary

Aug 10, 2005
Missouri
✟536.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wow. This is awesome! I'm happy to know that you all feel called to missions in one way or another! Actually, every Christian is called to be a missionary in a way. It could be that you're reaching out to your own family, or your neighbor, friends, or even some stranger in the check-out line at Walmart! LOL. God bless you all! I pray that God's guidance, wisdom, and peace, and safety cover you while in your pursuit of missions! To God be all the glory! He's overwhelmingly amazing!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

musicionary

Aug 10, 2005
Missouri
✟536.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I feel from God that my "calling" in life so to say is to become a missionary and spread the gospel of Jesus Christ to those who do not know him. I just pray that God may mold me and make me who he wants me to be.

Hey, that's great. (-; you're headed in the right direction if you keep your focus like that! And God's definitely molding and making you Who He wants you to be right now! God bless you! Keep with that calling, and trust His with your whole life! ~Brittany

Upvote 0

lindalou

Sep 15, 2005
Leicester
✟16,099.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was a missionary for 10 years on and off, the longest place we stayed was in Turkey for 3 years. I agree you can be a missionary where ever you are, we spent alot of time working on a missions base in the UK also and I still see that time as being a missionary as well. :D

Upvote 0

Grl4Christ987

Lord have mercy, Christ have mercy...on me
Nov 5, 2004
Physically, PA, spiritually, China
Visit site
✟9,338.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Constitution
Oh I am I am!!! Hopefully you can tell by my signature where! I am also planning on going to Israel, but am unsure about that. Wherever the Lord leads me, I'll follow.

In Christ,

Kimmie

Upvote 0