✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi,

How many people are there in the world that believe Jesus is NOT God?

And how many Christians are there who believe Jesus is God?

Anyone who can tell me that?

Not exactly of course..

The earth's population is approaching 7 billion. A little over 2 billion of those people are Christian, who almost totally believe that Jesus is God.

Therefore, there are somewhat less than 5 billion non-Christians, who with few exceptions would believe that Jesus is not God. Some of those may believe he was a prophet or had some other special relationship with God, however.

These numbers are estimates at best, and can be found on various websites that provide population and religious statistics.

What is your reason for asking?

Upvote 0

Ed Bana

Nov 13, 2010
Owosso Michigan
✟2,409.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If you are religious and reject God's anointing you are anti Chrsit. Anti Chrsit/anti anointing means the same thing.
To be a Christian, you must believe that Jesus is God made flesh. If not, you are an antichrist.

Upvote 0

Martinius

Catholic disciple of Jesus
Jul 2, 2010
The woods and lakes of the Great North
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you are religious and reject God's anointing you are anti Chrsit. Anti Chrsit/anti anointing means the same thing.

interpreter said:
To be a Christian, you must believe that Jesus is God made flesh. If not, you are an antichrist.

Not sure what these comments have to do with the original question. My point in saying that all Christians, with a few exceptions, would say that Jesus IS God is that there have been and likely still are some who come under the umbrella of Christianity who see the exact relationship between God the Father and Jesus differently than as stated in the standard creeds. The fact that there were different viewpoints about this is one of the big reasons we have creeds in the first place.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Martinius

Catholic disciple of Jesus
Jul 2, 2010
The woods and lakes of the Great North
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi guys thanks for the answers.

I ask the question because i am, just curious.

What i mean was how many who call themself "Christian" believe that Jesus is God, and how many who call themself "Christians" are there who don't believe that.

Almost all people who call themselves Christian believe that Jesus is God; that belief is contained in the creeds of the major Christain faiths which can be easily found online. There is more to this idea than just "Jesus is God", however. When and in what way did this occur, what is the nature of the relationship between them? These and several other questions formed the debate in the early years of Christianity and still do for some to this day.

A person may consider themselves a Christian but if they do not adhere to the accepted doctrines of the majority of Christians, others may not consider them a Christian. It can get quite complicated. But the short answer is that if you were to query a group of people self-identified as Christian, you would likely find that all of them believe that Jesus is God.

Upvote 0

silence_dogood

Apr 26, 2010
✟2,144.00
Faith
Calvinist
Hi,

How many people are there in the world that believe Jesus is NOT God.

And how many Christians are there who believe Jesus is God.

Anyone who can tell me that?

Not exactly of course..

All Christians, by definition, believe that Jesus is God. It is one of the defining beliefs of Christianity and so, if you don't, you're not.

Upvote 0

Key

The Opener of Locks
Apr 10, 2004
Visit site
✟19,007.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am sure that there are groups of people who claim and identify themselves as "Christian" yet do not believe that Jesus was God. However, it might be said that they are not Christian either.

I think these groups cling to the Christian Banner as a shield to add validity to a belief that really has no place in the Christian umbrella, I wish they would call themselves Muslim or something, it would be far more fitting.

Last I checked Muslims don't believe Jesus was God, but that he was a prophet.

God Bless

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.