How is the character of YHWH, like the character of Jesus Christ...?

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In the beginning was ELOHIM... a plural form of word for Whom we call God.
God is a Spirit and they that worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and in Truth.

Consider in the beginning.... long before man's beginning GOD is Spirit.... Jesus is Incarnate God, come to us as human form so that He may atone for our sin... God the Father: Spirit
God the Holy Spirit: Spirit
Jesus the Son: Incarnate Spirit

We must be careful and not attribute the evil character of mankind upon God, for we are made in HIS image thus making anthropomorphic attributions bring God to our level of "sinfulness"... Instead we need to realize that we were made Perfect as He is, and aspire to acknowledge His good and perfect character.

Since GOD is a triune God, His evidences are all equal with differing "ministries" so to speak. There should not be a struggle because the LORD GOD is not seen when HE IS SEEN in Jesus His Son.

If you do not accept the Son, you cannot find the Father.

• Winner
Reactions: ToBeLoved
Upvote 0
Apr 22, 2017
Grants Pass
✟15,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have no problem with OT violence. To question those events is to set yourself up as being kinder, more just, more merciful than God. And God as being crueler and more unjust than you. Do you believe that? Those things happened because God chose them to happen. He is God. Don't be like the clay in your ignorance that decides to challenge the potter's intent. Besides making you feel superior and so high and moral, it won't accomplish anything except pull you farther away from your potter. Of course, if that's your goal, then go for it.
“save others by snatching them out of the fire; to others show mercy with fear, hating even the garment stained by the flesh.”
‭‭Jude‬ ‭1:23‬ ‭ESV‬‬
Jude 1:23; save others by snatching them out of the fire; to others show mercy with fear, hating even the garment stained by the flesh.

Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
No, I don't belive in the false doctrine of the inspiration of the scripture. Jesus presented a loving Father that discredited the old ideas of a mean vengeful deity who was jealous and angry like men are.

By your fruits shall you be known!

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
In the beginning was ELOHIM... a plural form of word for Whom we call God.
God is a Spirit and they that worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and in Truth.

Consider in the beginning.... long before man's beginning GOD is Spirit.... Jesus is Incarnate God, come to us as human form so that He may atone for our sin... God the Father: Spirit
God the Holy Spirit: Spirit
Jesus the Son: Incarnate Spirit

We must be careful and not attribute the evil character of mankind upon God, for we are made in HIS image thus making anthropomorphic attributions bring God to our level of "sinfulness"... Instead we need to realize that we were made Perfect as He is, and aspire to acknowledge His good and perfect character.

Since GOD is a triune God, His evidences are all equal with differing "ministries" so to speak. There should not be a struggle because the LORD GOD is not seen when HE IS SEEN in Jesus His Son.

If you do not accept the Son, you cannot find the Father.
preachsister! :preach:

That is exactly the Truth!

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Many Christians believe that God, the Holy Spirit and Jesus are one in the trinity. If you look at it as a whole rather than try to separate them it may sit better with you.
Exactly,

Because perfect, is perfect.

They are not jealous or not loving. Their is no competition.

They are NOT US, that is. And AMEN to that!

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I have no problem with OT violence. To question those events is to set yourself up as being kinder, more just, more merciful than God. And God as being crueler and more unjust than you. Do you believe that? Those things happened because God chose them to happen. He is God. Don't be like the clay in your ignorance that decides to challenge the potter's intent. Besides making you feel superior and so high and moral, it won't accomplish anything except pull you farther away from your potter. Of course, if that's your goal, then go for it.
We have to realize what the Old Testament and Old Covenant really was. It was ONE people, the Israelite's/Hebrews.

No one else knew God. They are and always will be God's chosen people.

So it isnt like today when Christianity is everywhere. It was one people, one tribe in all the world.

Now with Christ, it is all people. That is totally different then only one people group. That is the entire bloodline of the Savior. All people are saved through that bloodline.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God.. hmm.. written let there be light.. yet.. later on God made the sun.. Huh? Was it GOD walking? Was it GOD they saw? lets US make man. The 1st innocent life taken was a foreshadow of what was to come aka Yeshua/JESUS.. this was the plan before all that was made..Yet.. everything that was made was made by who? :)

See we think as we are aka MAN. So when Jesus said I am.. I and the Father are one. We take it not as HE meant it but as we know it. As .. me and my wife are one. Yet HE is the Father the Father is He and yet HE is Christ. So when Jesus said if you seen me you seen the Father. We take that as MAN would and can only see and hear. Yet He does not just say anything. Every WORD means something, has a purpose. So.. if and when you SEE the Father..you will also see Christ. Rev should make very clear. So ONE He is.. yet 3 they are.

MAN keesp thinking he/she can SEE understand this GOD. That made it clear that HIS ways are not ours nor His thoughts ours.

You talk about Adam Eve.. did you not notice GOD had to ASK Adam where are you? God had to ask WHO told you? Does GOD not know everything? :) did God not know Satan came in to the garden? Telling me GOD allowed that? There is TONS of stuff here.. SO AWESOME!

Like the start.. read it.. let there be light.. ok what LIGHT was that? :) Then later God makes the SUN and MOON.. huh? Josh.. sees this being.. angel was it? Asked Him..are you for us or them.. neither he answers. I am the capt.. of the host of Gods army. Then Josh.. bows and worships and then told to take his shoes off? To an ANGEL? WE NEVER bow to any angel. Then told to take his shoes off for holy is that ground!..

The WORD is no rabbit hole.. no....it goes up and up and up and up WOW..so much here we still have not seen nor understand. Jump back to Adam.. God has to ASK.. who said you were naked? HAHA.. AWESOME! Does GOD really see into SIN?..sorry..not the stuff you asked for.. forgive me

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ron Gurley

What U See is What U Get!
Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The many attributes / character traits / nature of the TRI-UNE GOD (and God the Father)which are found in the Bible and spirit-led writings!

1. Existent
2. Unified
3. Simple...Holy...Righteous...perfectly Good
4. Infinite
5. Eternal
6. Unchanging and unchangeable CHARACTER + attributes
7. All Present (spiritually available)
8. All Sovereign (supreme rule over all)
9. All Knowing (omniscience)
10. All powerful (omnipotence)
11. Perfectly JUST
12. Perfectly LOVING / Merciful
13. Perfectly TRUE / Truthful
14. Perfectly FREE
15. Perfectly separate and pure

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The NAMES and CHARCTERISTICS of Jesus

Jesus of Nazareth, "Y'shua ha Maschiach",
the Divine Messiah,
the Christ,
Son of God,
Son of Man,
LORD, Master, Savior, Immanuel
KING of Kings, LORD of Lords
Lamb of God
THE Only Begotten (not made) Son
The Good Shepherd
The Bread of Life
The Light of the World
The Narrow Gate
The Resurrection and the Life
The Way + TRUTH + Life
Alpha and Omega
Wonderful counselor
Mighty God
Everlasting Father
Prince of Peace
Root and offspring of David
Bright morning star
King of Israel
King of the Jews
True Vine
The Word (logos)
etc...and OTHER "I am's" and NAMES and TITLES

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
My Jesus of Nazareth was / is:

1. a MAN with a unique birth who remained Divine

2. a MAN who lived a perfect life as part of the TRI-UNE God

3. a Great Teacher, full of Divine Grace and Truth

4. a Divine Prophet to His Own Chosen People and to the World

5. a Miracle Worker with Divine power over the elements, disease, infirmities, and death

6. the only God-Man who led perfectly by His precepts and actions

7. the ONLY WAY + TRUTH + LIFE

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ron Gurley

Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Post #54:"Jesus and the father are one. There is no difference."

God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit...united as ONE in spiritual essence as DEITY.

The THREE of the Godhead are DIFFERENT...spiritually discernible has having different NAMES, RANK, ROLE, MISSION, FUNCTION, ETC.

Oh the Mysteries of the REAL and spiritual TRI-UNE GOD!

God the Father is Divine / Deity.

God the Holy Spirit is Divine / Deity.

God the Son, Jesus the Divine Messiah, is Divine / Deity.

In spiritual essence and nature, GtF*GtHS*GtS, are united and ONE.

In spiritual identity, Role / Rank / Mission / Name / etc., The 3 spiritual Persons are discernible.

Colossians 2 ....
9 For in Him all the fullness of Deity (TRUE GOD) dwells in bodily form, (TRUE MAN)
10 and in Him you have been made complete, and He is the head over all rule and authority;

Colossians 1 ....
16 For by Him all things were created,
both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things have been created THROUGH Him and FOR Him.
17 He is BEFORE all things, and
in Him all things "hold together".
18 He is also head of the body, the church;
and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything.
For it was the Father’s good pleasure for all the fullness (of Deity) to dwell in Him,
20 and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself,
having made peace through the blood of His cross;

John 17...
24 Father, I desire that they also (disciples), whom You have given Me,
be with Me where I am,
so that they may see My glory which You have given Me,

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Heb. 1:3 The son is the exact representation of God's being. Pretty simple. It doesn't take a bunch of rhetoric to explain it.
If God the Father were or chose to take form in a person as an angels, or as a spirit, as a word or words, or a voice in your head, (the only time he ever does this is through the Son, BTW) the Son is the "Exact Representation" of the Father to us in all or any of those things, and it is the Father's will to do all that through the Son, commanding angels...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Ron Gurley

Site Supporter
Sep 22, 2015
Baton Rouge, LA
Visit site
✟87,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
OP: "How is the character of YHWH, like the character of Jesus Christ...?

OLD TESTAMENT - NEW TESTAMENT ===> Jesus the God-Man is Divine

Genesis 1:1 (God is the Creator) - John 1:3-10 (Jesus is the Creator)

Genesis 17:1 (the Almighty is God) - Rev. 1:8 (Jesus is the Almighty)

Exodus 3:14 (the "I am" is God) - John 8:58 (Jesus is the "I am")

Deut. 10:17(the Lord of Lords is God) - Rev. 19:16 (Jesus is Lord of Lords)

Psalms 18:31 (the Rock is God) - I Corinthians 10:4 (Jesus is the Rock)

Psalms 146:10 (God shall reign forever)- Luke 1:33 (Jesus will reign forever)

Isaiah 40:11 (the Sheperd is God) - John 10:16 (Jesus is the Sheperd)

Isaiah 41:14 (the Redeemer is God) - Luke 1:68 (Jesus is the Redeemer)

Isaiah 43:10 (God said, “I am He”) - John 8:24 (Jesus said, “I am He”)

Isaiah 43:10,11 (God is the Saviour - Titus 1:4(Jesus is the only Saviour)

Isaiah, 44:6 (the first and last is God) - Rev. 1:8, 22:13 (Jesus is first and last)

Isaiah. 44:6 (the King of Israel is God) - John 1:49 (Jesus is King of Israel)

Isaiah. 45:23(Every knee must bow-God) - Phil. 2:10-11(Every knee must bow-Jesus)

Jeremiah 31:32 (God, the One Husband) - II Cor. 11:2 (Jesus-the One Husband)

Psalms 22:16 (they pierced my hands and my feet.) - Zechariah 12:10 (they pierced me - God)- John 19:34 (they pierced Jesus)

Zechariah 14:4-5 (God is coming) - Matthew 25:31 (Jesus is coming)

Malachi 1:6 (the One Master is God) - Matthew 23:8 (Jesus is the One Master)

Malachi 2:10 (God is the Father) - John 14:5-9,Isaiah 9:6, (Jesus is the Father).....

• Useful
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0