How is the character of YHWH, like the character of Jesus Christ...?

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟583,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
All-loving, not conceited, even though They are so superior to us. And They are our example of how we also need to be unconceited, not picking and choosing who is good enough for us to love (Ephesians 5:1-2, Matthew 5:46)

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
All-loving, not conceited, even though They are so superior to us. And They are our example of how we also need to be unconceited, not picking and choosing who is good enough for us to love (Ephesians 5:1-2, Matthew 5:46)
Examples of YHWH as all-loving...?

When Adam and Eve sinned he (God/YHWH) killed animals (first experience with death) to clothe and cover up Adam and Eve's nakedness, so they would not have to feel ashamed, even though what they did, is deserving of far worse than just shame... He did not get immediately angry or upset, his first response was compassion...

Anyone have more...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
We cannot understand Him until Jesus appeared and taught us about God.
This video is reflecting how God loves us, the train is the world (us) that violated the Red Light (sins).

May Jesus bless you all HalleluYAH
I've seen that video, but, thanks anyway...

So, you believe YHWH is Father God, that Jesus speaks of...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
More looking for specific examples of YHWH being like Christ...? Or of YHWH as love...

The love of YHWH? Interesting.
How about YHWH tell Israelis to kill off Canaanites? Does that show a perfect love?

Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The love of YHWH? Interesting.
How about YHWH tell Israelis to kill off Canaanites? Does that show a perfect love?
Part of the problem I hope will get resolved in this thread...

Sometimes it may not "seem" as if YHWH at times was acting in a very loving way, but, he has to, cause he is Love, and finding answers to this could be very important, I think...

Surely we can find instances of YHWH being very loving, gentle, caring, compassionate and kind, can't we...

Ways we can see his mercies or long suffering loving kindness, undeserved, unmerited favor or grace...

What about his dealings with King David...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

section9+1

Mar 12, 2017
US
✟81,403.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have no problem with OT violence. To question those events is to set yourself up as being kinder, more just, more merciful than God. And God as being crueler and more unjust than you. Do you believe that? Those things happened because God chose them to happen. He is God. Don't be like the clay in your ignorance that decides to challenge the potter's intent. Besides making you feel superior and so high and moral, it won't accomplish anything except pull you farther away from your potter. Of course, if that's your goal, then go for it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The problem with YHWH is we usually don't see or hear from him, or he doesn't seem to show up, till he seems to be basically "fed-up" and has had enough of something, and it's a time of judgment...

But, I wonder if in the in-between times, he didn't act invisibly, behind the scenes, like Christ did with us visibly...?

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Because justice deals with black/white situation. You do not give the third answer when you take a T/F question.
So, his judgments remain the same...?

However, much of justice isn't black and white, even YHWH himself, made concessions in the law, laws were basically added to address more specific situations with sin, and it got more and more gray as time went on...

And it (that Old Covenant system) seemed to fail (us)... if that was not the entire point of it pointing to Christ... (part of the ultimate plan)...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I have no problem with OT violence. To question those events is to set yourself up as being kinder, more just, more merciful than God. And God as being crueler and more unjust than you. Do you believe that?

No, I do not, and that's why I posted this thread, cause I am confident that, "truth" will win out in the end...

Those things happened because God chose them to happen. He is God. Don't be like the clay in your ignorance that decides to challenge the potter's intent. Besides making you feel superior and so high and moral, it won't accomplish anything except pull you farther away from your potter. Of course, if that's your goal, then go for it.

Actually, I think mettling this out will draw me even closer to him...

Peace,

God Bless!

Reactions: section9+1
Upvote 0