How is everyone?

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I am feeling a bit lonely today.
I hope your day is good so far.

Same I'm waiting for my wife to get home. Quite lonely.

Other than that my day has been OK so far. No unwanted naps from my psych meds. So yay praise Jesus (for real)!

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
When God says "walk away" ...do not let your ego get in the way...

Oh. Yeah I can see how that would be bad. God always knows more than we do.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟791,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Yeah maybe that REALLY sounds like a good idea. What do you do for a living if you don't mind me asking? My mother became a nurse in the 1970s. She retired 2-3 years ago? Have you ever thought about retirement? Sorry for so many personal questions I'm curious.
Putting off retirement for as long as I can. I'm an electrician by trade, and do a few other odd things for income, but I don't need much. (I pay no rent or utilities or property taxes.) I call myself semi-retired, because I only do as much as I need to, to get by, and spend more time helping others with what they can't do, than I do making money. I love being my own boss. (That sounds more noble than the reality, which is that I am no businessman, and my mind is, uhm, "unpredictable", which translates to, "undependable". For example, I can have a list of things to do, and when the main object is complete and I am satisfied, and even if I reference the list, the other lines on the list may go unseen even though I am looking right at them. This happens at the grocery store too!)

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Oh my mom retired the moment she turned 62. They overwork nurses way too much these days and it was the case even in the 1970s. There's always been shortages of doctors and nurses. WheneverI get a doctor i'm comfortable with here they always either retire or move elsewhere.. what you do is very interesting too. It shocked me that you wanted to hold off retirement you must really love your job. If I was in my 60s I'd be retiring too the very second I could But I don't work at all (I'm disabled). Puts a lot of stress on me when I have to stretch what money I do get super far. What makes it worse is the government only allows you to save so much money. So a lot of times I have to turn to the bank of mom to help me out. Makes me never want kids lol.

Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0