• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

How has Asperger's helped you serve God?

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Found out through self-diagnoses that I have Asperger's Syndrome maybe a week ago. pretty much hit the nail on the head for what I've gone through my whole life.

I'm pretty much a loner. Christ is my best and only friend.

the LORD saving me 4 years ago helped me to deal with my "lonerness" in that I no longer need validation from others. I'm fine with who I am and the discovery of AS has only helped me in that respect.

I understand that I can't serve in the same way an NT can so I figure out ways to be a servant in my own way. I help clean up after fellowships meals, I pass out flyers during evangistic outings, I pray for people, and I tithe consistently.

I always think of the tale of the talents where the person with one talent wasn't punished for only having one talent but for not using the one talent they had. I seek to be a faithful servant with what the LORD has given me. If I do that, He'll give me more.
A Bible reading and prayer life is very important. Seems like your prayers are a blessings.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
The whole world might get them,
yet ,
even if someone gains the whole world....

Well, a lot of Christians get them; my wife and I talked to a young lady with the whole of John 3.16 tattooed on her wrist area.

Upvote 0

muichimotsu

I Spit On Perfection
May 16, 2006
✟106,458.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
The whole world might get them,
yet ,
even if someone gains the whole world....
I don't think anyone's suggesting that one should follow the crowd, but it's not innately harmful, is it? There are multiple factors involved and some are relevant, though some are less pressing than others

Upvote 0

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
bruh, I have aspergers, I want to know why its a good thing

wanting to know how it can benefit someone and saying that people who have it are being punished for sin or are in sin are two totally different things buddy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ben Collyer

Apr 26, 2017
Hastings
✟35,657.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
wanting to know how it can benefit someone and saying that people who have it are being punished for sin or are in sin are two totally different things buddy.

it is a result of original sin anyway

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
have you noticed that on wrongplanet there are multitudes of people with depression
have you noticed the people in this thread who have commented and agreed with the OP aren't depressed(myself included)?

a few are even married.

Upvote 0

Ben Collyer

Apr 26, 2017
Hastings
✟35,657.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
have you noticed the people in this thread who have commented and agreed with the OP aren't depressed(myself included)?

a few are even married.

what is the difference between the hoardes of depressed autistics on wrong planet and those who are not? what do you have that they dont?

Upvote 0

S.O.J.I.A.

Dynamic UNO
Nov 6, 2016
Michigan
✟98,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
what is the difference between the hoardes of depressed autistics on wrong planet and those who are not? what do you have that they dont?

Christ...which gives them an identity that cannot be taken away from them and the ability to work through their life issues and not sit around feeling sorry for themselves.

• Winner
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
it is a result of original sin anyway
OR - did God design us all to be Aspies; and "regular" mental wiring is the result of original sin?

• Haha
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0