Martinez
✟893,955.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was just thinking, when most people are on this planet they turn a little mean because things aren`t quite as they should, but in heaven when they enter, how can you be 100 % sure they won`t kick you in the face or something when sleeping becuse of this, how does god solve this problem really? I know heaven is supposed to be good so they`ll behave better, but let`s say one of them have a bad day … exactly my point, you can`t really trust people 100 % even in heaven
Good question. My understanding of heaven is that it is a temporary place that believers go without being in their body. In other words in a formless state. So it would not be possible to suffer a physical assault. Additionally only those who go through the narrow gate of righteousness can enter so I doubt anyone who has not forgiven will have the ability to enter. We will one day be restored into our bodies and that is the next stage when Jesus Christ of Nazareth comes back the second time. Scripture tells us there will be a new Heaven and Earth after ALL have gone through judgment.
Blessings

Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I was just thinking, when most people are on this planet they turn a little mean because things aren`t quite as they should, but in heaven when they enter, how can you be 100 % sure they won`t kick you in the face or something when sleeping becuse of this, how does god solve this problem really? I know heaven is supposed to be good so they`ll behave better, but let`s say one of them have a bad day … exactly my point, you can`t really trust people 100 % even in heaven

How does God rid them of evil tendencies? Simple: When you're filled with the holy spirit "Peace" and "Love" fill you which rids the soul of evil. Galatians 5:22-23.

Upvote 0

Pulchra

Jul 24, 2019
Lena
✟31,490.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
How does God rid them of evil tendencies? Simple: When you're filled with the holy spirit "Peace" and "Love" fill you which rids the soul of evil. Galatians 5:22-23.

Yes, but let`s say the devil grows more poweful and stronger than god, wouldn`t people turn bad?

Upvote 0

Pulchra

Jul 24, 2019
Lena
✟31,490.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

So while they have a good life the mature also sort of?

Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, but let`s say the devil grows more poweful and stronger than god, wouldn`t people turn bad?

In the New Testament the prophecy is that the devil gets killed in the end Revelation 20:10. And also death and hell are cast into the lake of fire. Revelation 20:14

Last edited:
Upvote 0

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
So while they have a good life the mature also sort of?

Being filled with the Holy Spirit is God in us, we feel Godly Peace and Love, which is perfect and pure. It's beyond human ability to attain. I have felt it 3 times in my life.

We're told we'll be equal to the Angels and serve God day and night. Most of us get that peace and love thru service anyways. Although I have only felt Godly peace and love on 3 occasions, I have been filled with lesser peace and love while serving God quite often.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟873,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

By the time we get to heaven we will finally be perfected as Christ is and we will not be inclined to kick anyone or even have thoughts of animosity towards anyone. Frustration will not even be present in heaven. No one has a bad day in heaven.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟873,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

satan is not a god he is an angel created by God. The only power satan has is what God allows him to have. He will never be anywhere near as powerful as God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

devin553344

Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, but let`s the devil isn`t anymore, why is life so horrible?

You mean life down here on earth? Why is that so horrible? Life in heaven should be paradise and wonderful.

But life on earth is a stress test of the lifeforms. A learning experience that doesn't have to last forever. Then when we die and are resurrected life is paradise. But some people are resurrected to shame and everlasting contempt: Daniel 12:2. This is because we are judged according to our works: Revelation 20:12.

So Christians should be showing others Love and Compassion. So their judgement is good.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,147,348.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
The usual understanding is that there's no sin in the restored creation. That's the whole point of the new heavens and new earth.

How does it happen? It seems to me that 1 Cor 15:28 expects that we will be fully in Christ. Rom 5:12 ff and 1 Cor 15 show Christ as reversing Adam's fall.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Kickers of sleeping faces either won't make it to heaven or they will lack legs when they arrive.

• Haha
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes, I understand sort of, but how can god make everyone be their best in heaven?

What's to stop Him from doing it? If you want to know how it is done you will just have to ask God none of the rest of us know how to do it or we would have done it already and have heaven here on earth.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
What then will stop man from doing the same thing as the first time God did that.
Adam and Eve took in the nature of sin when they disobeyed a very simple instruction. God warned them what would happen. There was alternative option, to take from the Tree of Life. They had God's permission for that. Adam and Eve were created neutral, not good, not evil. Their bad choices left them spiritually dead. Jesus did not come to make bad people good. He came to make dead people live. Christians are no longer morally neutral. We now live by a new principle. We are partakers of God's own nature. God is not evil and cannot do evil. Once Christians are fully complete (when the body we are born with is replaced) we will simply not be able to do wrong. A cat is a cat because it has the nature of a cat. A dog is a dog because it has the nature of a dog. A Christian is a Christian because he/she has the nature of Christ. That's what it means to be born again. So the Christian's behaviour will eventually be entirely Christ-like. That should be progressively apparent through the Christian's life on earth and be completed when he/she sees Jesus.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,756.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
That should be progressively apparent through the Christian's life on earth and be completed when he/she sees Jesus.
A great many claiming the title missed the memo about change. They prefer to justify their old actions and continue them by saying it's ok now because they are new.

Upvote 0

Russ Campbell

An ounce of faith overcomes a ton of fear!
Supporter
Mar 12, 2017
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
✟92,521.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
This is only part of what I found:

Revelation 21:1-8
“A NEW HEAVEN AND A NEW EARTH”
Here is a vision of the new creation. This is the “restitution of all things” to which Peter refers in Act_3:21, and the deliverance of creation from the bondage of corruption which Paul anticipates in Rom_8:21. No words can portray in positive description what that universe will be, and even the inspired writer has to confine himself to negatives. All he does is to name various elements of terror and dread, saying: This shall not be there, nor that, nor the other, all of which are the fell brood of human sin. The one great positive blessing will be that which was given to Israel in type, but then will be the perpetual experience of the human family. Compare Rev_21:3 and Exo_25:8. Let us see to it that here and now the Lord Jesus is the Alpha and Omega, the A and Z of our life. If so, we may even in this mortal life begin to experience the life of the redeemed. We may now inherit all these things, and know the intimacy of Rev_21:7. But we must overcome. Note that the fearful, that is, the cowardly, who draw back in the face of opposition, are classed with the abominable and murderers.

Upvote 0