Lena
✟31,490.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I was just thinking, when most people are on this planet they turn a little mean because things aren`t quite as they should, but in heaven when they enter, how can you be 100 % sure they won`t kick you in the face or something when sleeping becuse of this, how does god solve this problem really? I know heaven is supposed to be good so they`ll behave better, but let`s say one of them have a bad day … exactly my point, you can`t really trust people 100 % even in heaven

Emmylouwho

Sep 5, 2019
New York
✟16,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Widowed
I was just thinking, when most people are on this planet they turn a little mean because things aren`t quite as they should, but in heaven when they enter, how can you be 100 % sure they won`t kick you in the face or something when sleeping becuse of this, how does god solve this problem really? I know heaven is supposed to be good so they`ll behave better, but let`s say one of them have a bad day … exactly my point, you can`t really trust people 100 % even in heaven
What do you think heaven is like?

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If heaven is free of sin, no one is going to be inclined to "kick you in the face." because they don't have any inclination towards selfishness or pride anymore. If you could have a bad day in heaven, it would not be heaven.

Upvote 0

Pulchra

Jul 24, 2019
Lena
✟31,490.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
If heaven is free of sin, no one is going to be inclined to "kick you in the face." because they don't have any inclination towards selfishness or pride anymore. If you could have a bad day in heaven, it would not be heaven.

Yes, I understand sort of, but how can god make everyone be their best in heaven?

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
the exact scope of heaven isn't that clear and we only have broad strokes, not fine details. in the end, both heaven and earth will pass away and we will be resurrected in new incorruptible bodies so what we know and perceive in this flesh, in this earth and thinking about what this heaven is like will all be gone and made anew.

scripture, however, does tell give us some hints like 1 Cor 13:10-12 "but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known."

I believe "the perfect" here is describing an eschatological event and if so it may mean when we die and find ourselves in heaven (awaiting the new heaven and earth) we will no longer be lacking and like a child's reality it vastly changes when they grow up and I think the old ways of our life on earth will just seem petty and silly and our desire for sin on these levels will simply be no more.

Upvote 0

Pulchra

Jul 24, 2019
Lena
✟31,490.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
the exact scope of heaven isn't that clear and we only have broad strokes, not fine details. in the end, both heaven and earth will pass away and we will be resurrected in new incorruptible bodies so what we know and perceive in this flesh, in this earth and thinking about what this heaven is like will all be gone and made anew.

scripture, however, does tell give us some hints like 1 Cor 13:10-12 "but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known."

I believe "the perfect" here is describing an eschatological event and if so it may mean when we die and find ourselves in heaven (awaiting the new heaven and earth) we will no longer be lacking and like a child's reality it vastly changes when they grow up and I think the old ways of our life on earth will just seem petty and silly and our desire for sin on these levels will simply be no more.

Kinda interesting, but I Wonder how god does it though.. I mean, make people mature

Upvote 0

Justified Sinner

Sep 2, 2019
Alabama
Visit site
✟11,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Frankalexanderberg1985, I love when agnostics and atheist engage. They ask questions that often times I don't think of. Thanks for the questions. It hurts my brain, but it causes me to think.

How does God do it? I don't know. I'm not God. Is that a cop out? Maybe, but it still doesn't change the fact that I don't know because I'm not God.

Here's something I think is even more astounding than God making someone more mature in heaven. God changes God haters into His children. How? He makes the spiritually dead come to spiritual life (Rom 8:7; Eph 2:1-10). And God works in us to love and obey Him (Ezek 36:26-27). Does that mean we don't sin anymore? No, we sin on earth till the day we die, even Christians sin (Rom 7:7-25). At death we can no longer sin. At the resurrection when Jesus returns (John 5:28-29), we enter glory with God, body and souls. (Notice it's God who does all the work? The only thing we can do is sin.)

Sin is dead at the grave. Since it is sin what causes us to act in bad ways, we won't sin in heaven because again sin is dead at the grave.

Btw, thanks for joining us.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,917.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yes, I understand sort of, but how can god make everyone be their best in heaven?

One: We volunteer in this life to lose the self awareness Eve then Adam acquired, and return to the awareness of others. Hence a Kingdom based on the opposite nature of fallen man.

Two: As noted I said Kingdom because we don't go to Heaven. The Kingdom comes down to us from Heaven. It was Jesus' Gospel.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Christians have a new nature. That is what is meant by being born again. The new nature is of God so it is not sinful. Christians are not perfect because we still have temptations and we still have the weakness and selfishness of the soul to contend with. When we go to heaven, there will be no temptations at all. We will have a new body that is not able to be tempted in any way. There are no bad days in heaven! When everything is perfect, why would you get upset anyway? Oh, you won't need sleep in heaven either. So you won't wake up grumpy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pulchra

Jul 24, 2019
Lena
✟31,490.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Frankalexanderberg1985, I love when agnostics and atheist engage. They ask questions that often times I don't think of. Thanks for the questions. It hurts my brain, but it causes me to think.

How does God do it? I don't know. I'm not God. Is that a cop out? Maybe, but it still doesn't change the fact that I don't know because I'm not God.

Here's something I think is even more astounding than God making someone more mature in heaven. God changes God haters into His children. How? He makes the spiritually dead come to spiritual life (Rom 8:7; Eph 2:1-10). And God works in us to love and obey Him (Ezek 36:26-27). Does that mean we don't sin anymore? No, we sin on earth till the day we die, even Christians sin (Rom 7:7-25). At death we can no longer sin. At the resurrection when Jesus returns (John 5:28-29), we enter glory with God, body and souls. (Notice it's God who does all the work? The only thing we can do is sin.)

Sin is dead at the grave. Since it is sin what causes us to act in bad ways, we won't sin in heaven because again sin is dead at the grave.

Btw, thanks for joining us.

Kinda strange he can just force Ppople to be good.. but anyways, thanks for the welcome, I read all the links you gave me

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,917.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Consider that here we live in conflict... flesh versus spirit. Think of yourself as a cat, one minute purring and loving, the next second it may bite or scratch. Animal nature. Remove the flesh and no more conflict.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Kinda interesting, but I Wonder how god does it though.. I mean, make people mature
In this life, it is a process. Christians learn lessons, much like kids used to before parents gave up on training their kids. Sometimes it's really easy. If we are stubborn and rebellious, it can get hard. Mostly, God warns us that there are consequences for certain behaviours. If we ignore those warnings, we will suffer. The Bible calls it "sowing and reaping". God's intent is to bring us to the point where we no longer want to behave in the wrong way. He will then enable us to do the right thing, by His power that lives inside the Christian. When we do the right thing, we enjoy great peace and contentment. Good parents reward their children for doing well, not just punishing them if they get it wrong.

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,917.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Kinda strange he can just force Ppople to be good..
No force. We choose to be that way, having repented of the traditional backwards behaviour of man. We return to our original being. In the meantime we show by our fruits whether we were legit in our repentance and desire for change.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pulchra

Jul 24, 2019
Lena
✟31,490.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
In this life, it is a process. Christians learn lessons, much like kids used to before parents gave up on training their kids. Sometimes it's really easy. If we are stubborn and rebellious, it can get hard. Mostly, God warns us that there are consequences for certain behaviours. If we ignore those warnings, we will suffer. The Bible calls it "sowing and reaping". God's intent is to bring us to the point where we no longer want to behave in the wrong way. He will then enable us to do the right thing, by His power that lives inside the Christian. When we do the right thing, we enjoy great peace and contentment. Good parents reward their children for doing well, not just punishing them if they get it wrong.

Yes, but there`s a problem still, when most white people have a hard life they get mean, I`m not so sure god could protect everyone

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, but there`s a problem still, when most white people have a hard life they get mean, I`m not so sure god could protect everyone

When you get to heaven, that's where you will understand all the things that have happened to you down here, what went wrong, why it happened, and how God WAS protecting you, even if you didn't know it.

(kind of like what He spared you from, but still let you experience so that you could learn what not to do the next time.)

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Think of Christians as a new race of people. That's because we are. If you want to make a cat behave like a dog, you could train it to a degree. It's been done. But it is still a cat. The only way that you could turn the cat into a dog is if you genetically changed it. God changes our nature by removing the old nature we were born with and giving us a new nature that is of God. In Christ, there is no race. Full stop.

Upvote 0