• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

How Does Calvary Chapel Keep Its Leaders Accountable?

Discussion in 'Calvary Chapel Fellowship' started by Rawtheran, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Dave-W

Dave-W Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner! Supporter

+13,320
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    US-Others
    Does the congregation have the necessary training to be able to detect if the pastor is teaching subtle doctrinal errors?

2. RDKirk

RDKirk Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner Supporter

+9,538
    Christian
    Married
    There is an overall CC pastoral board that will manage that issue.

3. justme6272

justme6272 Newbie

+41
    Christian
    Private
    Not that I can imagine, though I haven't interviewed anyone to ask them that question. They'd probably look at me with a blank stare, thinking "what teaching?" Haven't seen a course titled "Subtle Doctrinal Errors 101" anywhere. So other than reading the Bible for oneself and hearing different takes from different teachers on the same passages, I don't know how else to decide if the teacher is making stuff up.

It's amazing to me how two people can read the exact same words on a page, followed by the first person sharing an interpretation in their own words of what they just read, followed by the second person saying "I don't think it says that at all." Both are reading the same English, and words mean things, so go figure.

4. LizaMarie

LizaMarie Newbie

+218
    Lutheran
    Married
    US-Republican
    Yes his church Harvest joined the SBC.

5. LizaMarie

LizaMarie Newbie

+218
    Lutheran
    Married