How Does Calvary Chapel Keep Its Leaders Accountable?

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
2. Congregational power - "
Does the congregation have the necessary training to be able to detect if the pastor is teaching subtle doctrinal errors?

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,474,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does the congregation have the necessary training to be able to detect if the pastor is teaching subtle doctrinal errors?

There is an overall CC pastoral board that will manage that issue.

Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

justme6272

Jul 3, 2011
✟87,957.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not that I can imagine, though I haven't interviewed anyone to ask them that question. They'd probably look at me with a blank stare, thinking "what teaching?" Haven't seen a course titled "Subtle Doctrinal Errors 101" anywhere. So other than reading the Bible for oneself and hearing different takes from different teachers on the same passages, I don't know how else to decide if the teacher is making stuff up.

It's amazing to me how two people can read the exact same words on a page, followed by the first person sharing an interpretation in their own words of what they just read, followed by the second person saying "I don't think it says that at all." Both are reading the same English, and words mean things, so go figure.

• Agree
Reactions: Dave-W
Upvote 0

LizaMarie

Jan 17, 2015
✟142,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh no, please don't tell me Laurie turned southern baptist. The sbc? really? why? I've never heard of a need to do that. Once you're successfully independent, stay independent! What could the SBC POSSIBLY do to make them a better church? It's like asking a govt bureaucrat from D.C. to come run your town.
Yes his church Harvest joined the SBC.

Upvote 0