How does a President Biden heal the country?

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
At least the losing candidate in 2016 followed the protocol and conceded her defeat instead of crying like a baby, throwing around dozens of lawsuits and denying reality.

And now Trump supporters talk about unity. Priceless.
And she at least won the popular vote. Trump lost both the popular vote and the electoral college and he is still suing everyone.

Upvote 0

section9+1

Mar 12, 2017
US
✟81,403.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It doesn't seem like unity is in the cards for America. A lot of "ifs" have to take place to heal this country and they don't seem to be very realistic. People are different. And different people want different things. How can diversity produce unity in a secular society? Even Christians can't agree on much. How is the rest of the country supposed to heal especially when we can see that violence really is a legitimate way to get what you want. Politicians yap about how violence will not be tolerated, but that's just blowing wind. Of course it's tolerated-and supported. Do they think people will not realize that. I think we've turned a corner in this country and we are traveling down an unnamed road. And Biden will never take us off it.

• Winner
Reactions: Albion
Upvote 0

TuffyS

Dec 1, 2020
West Coast
✟15,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 2.22.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 2.22.53 PM.png
    92.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 2.22.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 2.22.09 PM.png
    107 KB · Views: 3
  • Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 2.21.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 2.21.52 PM.png
    119.7 KB · Views: 6
Upvote 0
Aug 1, 2010
✟55,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I expect things to get worse if anything. It wont be all Bidens fault, nor is it all Trumps fault that were in the situation we're in

Only way America could heal is if there is a Christian revival but evidence suggests America as a nation is moving farther away from God

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟909,615.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For the last 4+ years, the Democrats have gone scorched earth. You have salted the fields and now you want to grow crops.
The problem is 72+ million of us have memories longer than a hamster.
We remember the women’s march (vagina hats and all) the day after inauguration.
We remember the 4 years of attacks and impeachments
We remember “not our president” and the “Resistance…”
We remember Maxie Walters telling followers to harass us in restaurants.
We remember the Presidents spokesperson being kicked out a restaurant.
We remember hundreds of Trump supporters physically attacked.
We remember Trump supporters getting Doxed, and fired from jobs.
We remember riots, and looting
We remember “a comedian” holding up the President’s severed head
We remember a play in Central park paid with public funding, showing the killing of President Trump
We remember Robert de Niro yelling “F" Trump” at the Tony’s and getting a standing ovation.
We remember Nancy Pelosi tearing up the State of the Union Address.
We remember the total in the tank move on the mainstream media
We remember the non-stop and live fact checking on our President and his supporters.
We remember non-stop in your face lies and open cover-ups from the media.
We remember the President and his staff being spied on.
We remember five Senators shot on a ballfield.
We remember every so-called comedy show turn into nothing but Trump hate fest.
We remember 95% negative coverage in the news.
We remember the state governors asking and getting everything they ask for and then blaming Trump for their problems.
We remember a Trump top aid verbally assaulted in two DC restaurants.
We remember people banging on the Supreme Court doors.
We remember that we were called every name in the book for supporting President Trump.

How does he overcome that, while the vitriol is still there?
Only Jesus Christ of Nazareth heals the heart. Go back to your first love.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟706,050.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
None of that involved Biden, so I’m not sure what you’re getting at.

You might be the only one who doesn’t get it. If Biden becomes the President, it has to involve him, he is the one claiming he can bring unity.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You might be the only one who doesn’t get it. If Biden becomes the President, it has to involve him, he is the one claiming he can bring unity.
Why would other people being divisive mean that Biden can’t be a unifier?

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi HL,

Just to be clear, I don't think Biden is claiming that he 'can' bring unity. His claim is that he will work to bring unity. Whether he is successful is going to depend a lot on whether people who think like you do, and hold all these supposed hurts and angers in their heart...to let them go. Sadly, the truth of the matter is likely that those people will continue holding on to their hurts and angers, because that is pretty much the nature of all men, and Biden's ability to work towards unity will be greatly hampered.

Give it a try. Decide in your heart today that you're going to let go and let God. Decide in your heart that you want what God has to offer. Remembering that God's word says that you will be forgiven in the same way that you forgive others. Try letting go of all those supposed sins that you think politics has foisted upon mankind, and understand that we're all just sinners; we are all men and women who are broken, sinful, unwise and just trying to do the best we can. Have some compassion for those who are not as perfect as yourself. Remember that Jesus had compassion on a woman who was fornicating with men. Do you think that you could do that? Have compassion on a harlot?

Do you honestly believe that God finds your list of hurts and angers that are keeping you in some 'super fight' mode, godly? Righteous? What if God really meant that we should love one another as we love ourselves?

God bless,
ted

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟706,050.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi HL,

Just to be clear, I don't think Biden is claiming that he 'can' bring unity. His claim is that he will work to bring unity. Whether he is successful is going to depend a lot on whether people who think like you do, and hold all these supposed hurts and angers in their heart...to let them go. Sadly, the truth of the matter is likely that those people will continue holding on to their hurts and angers, because that is pretty much the nature of all men, and Biden's ability to work towards unity will be greatly hampered.

Give it a try. Decide in your heart today that you're going to let go and let God. Decide in your heart that you want what God has to offer. Remembering that God's word says that you will be forgiven in the same way that you forgive others. Try letting go of all those supposed sins that you think politics has foisted upon mankind, and understand that we're all just sinners; we are all men and women who are broken, sinful, unwise and just trying to do the best we can. Have some compassion for those who are not as perfect as yourself. Remember that Jesus had compassion on a woman who was fornicating with men. Do you think that you could do that? Have compassion on a harlot?

Do you honestly believe that God finds your list of hurts and angers that are keeping you in some 'super fight' mode, godly? Righteous? What if God really meant that we should love one another as we love ourselves?

God bless,
ted

Have you done any of that in the last four years?

• Winner
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have you done any of that in the last four years?

Hi hislegacy,

Ahhh, the old, hey I'm at least not as bad as you are gambit.

Got it!

So, your position is that since you don't think others have done the right thing, then you shouldn't be expected to do the right thing.

Yes, I have done some of that in the last four years. I'm not perfect at it yet, but I have made some attempt. There have been things that have happened that I've just bitten my tongue and let it go. That doesn't mean that I don't have an opinion on issues. Further, I try to keep very, very short lists and work to not let any animosity or anger over such lists fester. I have no problem understanding that a lot of the workings of the government are above my paygrade and while I may not agree with a particular decision, I don't keep a list.

Your turn. I'm just asking if you are willing to give Biden a chance to show what he can do and to help him out in his efforts at least as much as you've wanted to help out the past president. Now, you've avoided my question and so I'll ask again, "Are you willing to try God's way?" Whether or not anyone else is, are you?

God bless,
ted

• Agree
Reactions: Elliewaves
Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does it mean he's not right regardless?

Hi bekkilyn,

Thanks for the support in this. Personally, I read that loooong list of perceived slights in the OP and I think to myself, "Wow! This guy must use legal pads to write all these things down and pore over them all day to remind himself why he's so angry."

What I do know, is that presidential speeches and briefings are going to be a lot more civil. I can't even imagine Biden calling people some of the things that Trump has called people that don't agree with him. He has already started a campaign of 'look we're all in this together and I'm the president of all the people'. Trump's messages never translated that way. He was always us against them. There was, in pretty much every single public speaking, and twitter, this name calling and putting down of others. This incessant bragging about how very, very great he is. How very, very smart he is.

Seems to me that if he were really so smart, he'd have figured out a reasonable way to win re-election rather than trying to court battle his way into another term. And honestly, the court battles don't seem to be ones that a smart person would engage in. A stack of court cases with virtually no evidence to support the charges laid out. How smart is that? Seems a smart person would know, especially with all the years of experience that he's got fighting worthless court battles, what's needed to win this back door victory that he's seeking after. Smart? I don't think so.

His legacy is just that he's mean enough to tear off people's faces to win a point and most people aren't willing to engage in such ruthless behavior. Most of us, hopefully, are still just a bit more civil and understanding of others. Let's see if HL is willing to be.

God bless,
ted

• Agree
Reactions: bekkilyn
Upvote 0

Elliewaves

Untouchable internet saint
Dec 18, 2011
✟101,540.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
It wasn't an insult. Saying something untrue is, in fact, lying( blatant or just to yourself because you can't face truth= it's still lying). The truth is that it's not just one side engaging in dis-unity. As is evidenced by this thread.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If the election was about who gets to be my next door neighbor, I'd have voted for Biden since I have no underaged girls.

So if you had underaged girls you would vote Trump as next door neighbor ?

That sounds kind of creepy actually.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Hi HL,

Just to be clear, I don't think Biden is claiming that he 'can' bring unity. His claim is that he will work to bring unity.

That's probably fair to say.

However, he already is promoting disunity, so that's the real issue.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
So now disunity is a real issue for Trump supporters after election defeat. Figures.
Sure, it figures. They are only reacting to the usual meaningless promises of their opponents.

Biden makes a big show of talking up unity but immediately does the opposite. That's why it's an issue here and why it cannot be admitted by Biden's supporters.

• Agree
Upvote 0