How does a President Biden heal the country?

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Biden makes a big show of talking up unity but immediately does the opposite. That's why it's an issue here

Wonder how it wasn’t issue for four years when Trump was President but it is already an issue before Biden has even been sworn in.

Hypocrisy at it’s finest.

• Agree
Reactions: alan650
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Wonder how it wasn’t issue for four years when Trump was President ...
It was an issue. If dividing the country had not been the strategy of the people who lost the 2016 election, there certainly would have been much more of a sense of unity right now.

• Winner
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,661.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ahhh, the old, hey I'm at least not as bad as you are gambit.

no, I was wondering if you led by example.

Your turn. I'm just asking if you are willing to give Biden a chance to show what he can do and to help him out in his efforts at least as much as you've wanted to help out the past president. Now, you've avoided my question and so I'll ask again, "Are you willing to try God's way?" Whether or not anyone else is, are you?

A couple things here.

Gods way is also calling what is right, right and what is wrong, wrong. But that is for another discussion.

secondly, I already have stood up for Mr Biden telling people to get off his back when it comes to his communications ability.

It was derailed and flames to point of needing to be closed.

I missed it, did you join in to his defense on the thread?

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Biden can bring healing and unity to a degree.

But he has to work in the political center and not cave into the radical left.

However, he caved to the radical left before and it appears he's going to move in that direction again.

It takes a person with character and sound principles to support those in the center, neither of which Biden nor Trump for that matter, have.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It was an issue. If dividing the country had not been the strategy of the people who lost the 2016 election, there certainly would have been much more of a sense of unity right now.

Give it a break. Nobody can say with straight face that Trump worked for unity in anywhere except when trying to align Secret Service golf cart fees with his bank accounts.

• Winner
Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's probably fair to say.

However, he already is promoting disunity, so that's the real issue.

Hi albion,

OOOOO! Albion has determined the 'real' issue. We're no longer dealing with fake issues. This is the REAL issue!!!!! LOL!!!!!

Got it! I sure was waiting expectantly for some guidance in what the REAL issue is.

God bless,
ted

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,661.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Biden can bring healing and unity to a degree.

But he has to work in the political center and not cave into the radical left.

However, he caved to the radical left before and it appears he's going to move in that direction again.

It takes a person with character and sound principles to support those in the center, neither of which Biden nor Trump for that matter, have.

QFT

Agreed, well said and one of the few on topic responses. Thank you.

Reactions: JimR-OCDS
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Give it a break. Nobody can say with straight face that Trump worked for unity in anywhere except when trying to align Secret Service golf cart fees with his bank accounts.
That's just something that might be said by a person who didn't really pay attention. Perhaps in your case, it simply owes to a poor memory.

In fact, Trump did make a number of moves in the direction of unity, all of which were quickly denounced, sabotaged, and rejected by the opposition which had already--in public--stated its intention of disrupting in any way necessary the workings of the Trump administration.

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
no, I was wondering if you led by example.

A couple things here.

Gods way is also calling what is right, right and what is wrong, wrong. But that is for another discussion.

secondly, I already have stood up for Mr Biden telling people to get off his back when it comes to his communications ability.

It was derailed and flames to point of needing to be closed.

I missed it, did you join in to his defense on the thread?

Hi LH,

Look, it was merely a simple question. Generally only needs a responsive 'yes' or 'no'.
"Are you willing to try God's way?"

As to your question of 'joining in to his defense on the thread'. I'm not aware of such a thread. It's not like I respond, or even read, every thread that comes down the pike on these boards. There are some I feel inclined to enter in and get involved and some that I pretty much allow to be enjoined by others. If you'll direct me to the thread in question, I'll be happy to look through it. But my answer for now, would have to be 'no'. I did not join in his (I'm going to assume that's Biden) defense on the thread. I can say that if the thread was about Biden's ability to communicate, I probably wouldn't have found that particularly interesting. We'll find out what kind of communicator he can be over the next 4 years.

God bless,
ted

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wasn't national unity the issue here, Ted?? Take a look at OP and the title of the thread if you've forgotten.

Hi albion,

Uhhhhhhhhhh, ok. Yes, this thread is about Biden's ability to heal the nation. A large part of that healing is definitely concerning national unity. Alright, I'm glad you were able to put your laser point on the 'real' issue.

God bless,
ted

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
In fact, Trump did make a number of moves in the direction of unity, all of which were quickly denounced, sabotaged, and rejected by the opposition which had already--in public--stated its intention of disrupting in any way necessary the workings of the Trump administration.

Trump’s efforts for unity and strength of character can be pretty handily perceived by how he handles his election defeat. Pitiful.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Trump’s efforts for unity and strength of character can be pretty handily perceived by how he handles his election defeat. Pitiful.
We'll see, won't we?

But again, it would be better if we stuck to the issue here and not try any more diversions like that one..

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,576.00
Faith
Non-Denom
For the last 4+ years, the Democrats have gone scorched earth. You have salted the fields and now you want to grow crops.
The problem is 72+ million of us have memories longer than a hamster.
We remember the women’s march (lady body parts and all) the day after inauguration.
We remember the 4 years of attacks and impeachments
We remember “not our president” and the “Resistance…”
We remember Maxie Walters telling followers to harass us in restaurants.
We remember the Presidents spokesperson being kicked out a restaurant.
We remember hundreds of Trump supporters physically attacked.
We remember Trump supporters getting Doxed, and fired from jobs.
We remember riots, and looting
We remember “a comedian” holding up the President’s severed head
We remember a play in Central park paid with public funding, showing the killing of President Trump
We remember Robert de Niro yelling “F" Trump” at the Tony’s and getting a standing ovation.
We remember Nancy Pelosi tearing up the State of the Union Address.
We remember the total in the tank move on the mainstream media
We remember the non-stop and live fact checking on our President and his supporters.
We remember non-stop in your face lies and open cover-ups from the media.
We remember the President and his staff being spied on.
We remember five Senators shot on a ballfield.
We remember every so-called comedy show turn into nothing but Trump hate fest.
We remember 95% negative coverage in the news.
We remember the state governors asking and getting everything they ask for and then blaming Trump for their problems.
We remember a Trump top aid verbally assaulted in two DC restaurants.
We remember people banging on the Supreme Court doors.
We remember that we were called every name in the book for supporting President Trump.

How does he overcome that, while the vitriol is still there?

I might see it a little different than some. As a Christian I view the evil devilish things that people do is done largely because they're under the control of the rulers of the darkness of this world. (Satan an his kingdom) Eph 6:12 I view them basically as mere puppets of the devil and because that's what they are it makes me feel sorry for them and pray for the spiritual well being and salvation. It does no good for me or them to hate them therefore having a tit for tat way of thinking (they did this to us therefore we do the same to them) isn't appropriate. So how does one overcome the hatred or vitriol?

Be not overcome with evil but overcome evil with good. Rom 12:21 Doesn't mean one ever has to agree with them politically but embrace wise restrictions in how you respond.

• Agree
Reactions: miamited
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,661.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I might see it a little different than some. As a Christian I view the evil devilish things that people do is done largely because they're under the control of the rulers of the darkness of this world. (Satan an his kingdom) Eph 6:12 I view them basically as mere puppets of the devil and because that's what they are it makes me feel sorry for them and pray for the spiritual well being and salvation. It does no good for me or them to hate them therefore having a tit for tat way of thinking (they did this to us therefore we do the same to them) isn't appropriate. So how does one overcome the hatred or vitriol?

Be not overcome with evil but overcome evil with good. Rom 12:21 Doesn't mean one ever has to agree with them politically but embrace wise restrictions in how you respond.

Amen - wise words - I wish someone could have reached the Left with such wisdom. It would be a different world right now.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,661.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi LH,

Look, it was merely a simple question. Generally only needs a responsive 'yes' or 'no'.

Hi Ted - no, it was not even a question, it was a statement and perhaps a little bit of a snide reply

Ahhh, the old, hey I'm at least not as bad as you are gambit.

Very easily seen in your words above, to which I was directly replying to, as shown by my quoting it separately than the other.

Upvote 0

section9+1

Mar 12, 2017
US
✟81,403.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So if you had underaged girls you would vote Trump as next door neighbor ?

That sounds kind of creepy actually.
Not necessarily. Trump probably would be kind of a pain to be around. But he's my choice for president which is not based on personality.

Reactions: Albion
Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Not necessarily. Trump probably would be kind of a pain to be around. But he's my choice for president which is not based on personality.

Is character important in making your choice for president ?

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Is character important in making your choice for president ?
Sure. That's why Biden wasn't the choice of the American people.

All the complaints that the opposition had levelled against President Trump are replicated in Biden...but in addition, Biden doesn't have the leadership abilities that Trump has.

Upvote 0