How does a President Biden heal the country?

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
No. They didn't.

He certainly was not often or ever called a Nazi, a child molester, a warmonger, Hitler, a murderer, a liar with every breath, the worst person ever, and on and on. No. The worst part of his past was almost never discussed in public. His every public appearance was not the target of disruptions. His religion (or lack of same) was not constantly challenged. His children were "off-limits" when it came to political attacks, quite unlike the treatment given Barron Trump. He was not personally insulted during press conferences. He was not impeached on phony grounds, his personal property was not vandalized, and he was seldom satirized on TV or in the news, whereas that is a daily occurrence for Trump.
Absolute nonsense. I can remember a Republican yelling “you lie” when he was addressing Congress. I can remember Trump claiming that he was a Muslim (he isn’t) and that he wasn’t born in the US (wrong). He was called a Communist. The treatment was about the same.

I will give you that people generally did leave Obama’s kids alone.

Reactions: JimR-OCDS
Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
To some degree, that's true. But you also have to compare the two.

The recent attacks upon Trump go WAY, WAY beyond anything the Right said about Obama and are much more vicious, vulgar, and defamatory, not to mention far more frequent.

Oh, they were just as vicious if not more.

In fact I recall Mitch McConnell's own words just days after Obama was sworn in as president. On the Senate Floor, McConnell said, "our job is to make sure this is a one term president." McConnell opposed every proposal Obama made and GOP leaders refused to meet with him for a dinner and discussion about issues.

• Agree
Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Oh, they were just as vicious if not more.
Nope. I expected someone to say that, but it's clearly not so.

You cannot compare a couple of incidents here or there with a mass of almost non-stop acts--and much more serious ones as well--that came from the other side...and then argue that the two are about the same.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Nope. I expected someone to say that, but it's clearly not so.

You cannot compare a couple of incidents here or there with a mass of almost non-stop acts--and much more serious ones as well--that came from the other side...and then argue that the two are about the same.

And Trump didn't call members of Congress derogatory names?

Crazy Nancy ?

And of course Crooked Hillary.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
And Trump didn't call members of Congress derogatory names?

Crazy Nancy ?

And of course Crocked Hillary.

I don't recall "Crocked Hillary" being said, and I don't even know if she drinks, but anyway, your post offers an unbalanced comparison.

I spoke to this issue several times before and yet here it is again.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I don't recall "Crocked Hillary" being said, and I don't even know if she drinks, but anyway, your post offers an unbalanced comparison.

I spoke to this issue several times before and yet here it is again.

It's what he called her throughout the 2016 campaign.

Not that I like Hillary or anything, but still, not presidential to be calling people names.

Heck he even accused Ted Cruz's father of being involved in the JFK assignation.

Again, I don't like Ted Cruz either, but such an accusation was really absurd.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
For the last 4+ years, the Democrats have gone scorched earth. You have salted the fields and now you want to grow crops.
The problem is 72+ million of us have memories longer than a hamster.
We remember the women’s march (lady body parts and all) the day after inauguration.
We remember the 4 years of attacks and impeachments
We remember “not our president” and the “Resistance…”
We remember Maxie Walters telling followers to harass us in restaurants.
We remember the Presidents spokesperson being kicked out a restaurant.
We remember hundreds of Trump supporters physically attacked.
We remember Trump supporters getting Doxed, and fired from jobs.
We remember riots, and looting
We remember “a comedian” holding up the President’s severed head
We remember a play in Central park paid with public funding, showing the killing of President Trump
We remember Robert de Niro yelling “F" Trump” at the Tony’s and getting a standing ovation.
We remember Nancy Pelosi tearing up the State of the Union Address.
We remember the total in the tank move on the mainstream media
We remember the non-stop and live fact checking on our President and his supporters.
We remember non-stop in your face lies and open cover-ups from the media.
We remember the President and his staff being spied on.
We remember five Senators shot on a ballfield.
We remember every so-called comedy show turn into nothing but Trump hate fest.
We remember 95% negative coverage in the news.
We remember the state governors asking and getting everything they ask for and then blaming Trump for their problems.
We remember a Trump top aid verbally assaulted in two DC restaurants.
We remember people banging on the Supreme Court doors.
We remember that we were called every name in the book for supporting President Trump.

How does he overcome that, while the vitriol is still there?
Very good questions. What he cannot do is what the Obama administration did, which was claim to be serving the interests of all Americans while simultaneously rejecting Republican feedback. That angered enough people to put the Tea Party on the map. Ironically, Biden needs the Republicans to maintain control of the Senate to even have a shot at being a healer, since that will make the left-most of his campaign promises impossible.

Why hasn't Trump already healed it all already? He's been the sitting President for the past 3+ years and is still the sitting President right now, so what has he been doing all this time? Has he proven his detractors (and their fears concerning his Presidency) wrong, or has he willfully and intentionally made everything worse by treating over half the country as his sworn enemies?
Since Trump will not be President for the next four years, he's irrelevant. He'll do whatever he'll do, but it's Biden's responsibility to bring healing by demonstrating to the American people that he will protect our freedoms rather than continue to erode them, in spite of whatever Trump is doing.

Upvote 0