Texas
✟109,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
if God follows his own laws than we would know if hes good or not b our nature we know right from wrong just like by nature God does good always and never evil bible speaks about it in Romans
But if God created our nature then He could have made us to believe that He is good, how would we know?

Upvote 0

dóxatotheó

Orthodox Church Familia
May 12, 2021
South Carolina
✟17,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
But if God created our nature then He could have made us to believe that He is good, how would we know?
us as humans have a nature to know wats good and the opposite of it even people with mental handicaps would know what is right vs what is wrong you can see that by serial killers after getting caught but God could have given humans by nature to see him as good but that is completely false if that was the case other multitude of religions wouldnt see there God as evil or bad. God giving us the nature to do good isnt giving us the knowledge to know good complete difference easily show-able by adam and eve story. WE can answer this through aristotle explanation of human virtues as characteristic action of humans, the action that is unique an essential to being human, is living a human life in accordance with reason. The knowledge we note of God is what he shown to his people and that is perfection omnibenevolence isnt a created thing for us to morally add to the diety but rather we state for notions to pay favor for the diety saying hes all good isnt just stating it its what he is because a God cant be two different things by the philosophical explanation of classical theism, if he wasnt perfect he wouldnt be a solitary God

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
hes speaking about the Father i presume he refers "God" not in the true way(trinitarian) but in the unitarian way
John 14:9, NIV: "Jesus answered: 'Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?"

Upvote 0