How do you self define, religiously speaking, of course?

Bill Shadowcat

Lost in Paradise
Apr 13, 2013
Watered Gardens Homeless Shelter 531 S. Kentucky A
✟7,991.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I was wondering if you were aware that that so called Wiccan statement is a paraphrase of Anton LaVey's "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law" - the primary command of the 'church' of Satan.

It is not a paraphrase of that and nor is "Do what thou wilt shalt be the whole of the law" a quote of Anton LaVey. That came from Aleister Crowley.

Upvote 0

PaladinValer

Traditional Orthodox Anglican
Apr 7, 2004
Myrtle Beach, SC
✟30,305.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It is not a paraphrase of that and nor is "Do what thou wilt shalt be the whole of the law" a quote of Anton LaVey. That came from Aleister Crowley.

QFT.

Don't agree with Wicca, Thelema, or LaVeyan Satanism, of course, but we ought to at least get what they teach and believe right instead of relying on false sources of liars, slanderers, libelers, and the outright dishonest.

Upvote 0

Pteriax

Someone to hate
Jul 13, 2013
Earth
✟16,843.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Meh. I get the Satanists confused sometimes, lol. But that IS where the phrase originated.

Upvote 0

MoreCoffee

Repentance works.
Jan 8, 2011
Near the flying spaghetti monster
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Orthodox Christian

More specifically- a sinner in need of repentance and the medicine of immortality.

Amen to the bold text. I am pleased about the other text, but as my faith icon indicates, I cannot amen it whole heartedly ;)

Upvote 0
N

Nanopants

I believe the Wiccan statement 'An it harm none, do what ye will' pretty much sums up the ten commandments, because if the Creator exists, the Creator is love and love does not harm. Frankly, I'm unsure if Jesus ever actually existed, but if he did, then he was who he said he was.

I was wondering if you were aware that that so called Wiccan statement is a paraphrase of Anton LaVey's "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law" - the primary command of the 'church' of Satan.

I was wondering if you were aware of Paul's statements concerning all things being lawful, yet love does no harm to one's neighbor, love being the primary command of the Church of Christ.

Upvote 0