How do you self define, religiously speaking, of course?

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟436,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Anglican with heavy Catholic leanings. I've been known to refer to myself as "Catholic sans the Pope" before. Swimming the Tiber is a future possibility for me.

Anglo-Catholic? ;)

Upvote 0

MoreCoffee

Repentance works.
Jan 8, 2011
Near the flying spaghetti monster
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Anglican with heavy Catholic leanings. I've been known to refer to myself as "Catholic sans the Pope" before. Swimming the Tiber is a future possibility for me.

I am sure that there is a bridge and a road that crosses the Tiber; one can swim if one wishes but walking is also a possibility :)

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟48,052.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
When I first read the title of this thread, and even after I read the OP, the sense I have is that the OP is asking how we would label ourselves. With that I'm prepared to give an answer; a born again believer in my God, Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

PaladinValer

Traditional Orthodox Anglican
Apr 7, 2004
Myrtle Beach, SC
✟30,305.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
An Anglican Christian who is orthodox in the faith, emphasizes the Catholicity of the Church, and prefers a traditional high-style of worship. I have some Eastern leanings but only because Anglicanism has some definite Eastern flavors inherit in it or at least allows as much within.

Or in short, a conservative-leaning orthodox high-church Anglo-Catholic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

abysmul

Board Game Hobbyist
Jun 17, 2008
Almost Heaven
✟60,490.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A simple human trying to live up to being called Christian.

1 Corinthians 1:11-15

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

11 For I have been informed concerning you, my brethren, by Chloe’s people, that there are quarrels among you. 12 Now I mean this, that each one of you is saying, “I am of Paul,” and “I of Apollos,” and “I of Cephas,” and “I of Christ.” 13 Has Christ been divided? Paul was not crucified for you, was he? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul? 14 I thank God that I baptized none of you except Crispus and Gaius, 15 so that no one would say you were baptized in my name.

Upvote 0

Going Merry

‏‏‏‏ ‏‏‏‏
Mar 14, 2012
✟16,924.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I am non-denominational. I try to live as accurately as I can fathom my faith. I am so critical that I have been hurt deeply quite a lot when growing in my faith. I celebrate the coming of the magi in my faith. this is because i hold and esteem the lords coming and his baptism from john highly as i do his crucifixion.

I previously attended a baptist church, but this was when i wasnt serious in my faith. I only went once in a great while (once a year, or once every six months) but when I found my new faith I found I was no longer able to have fellowship since my faith is different. So I removed my self and haven't been in any church since I turned 21, the day I was born again

Upvote 0

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
When I first read the title of this thread, and even after I read the OP, the sense I have is that the OP is asking how we would label ourselves. With that I'm prepared to give an answer; a born again believer in my God, Jesus Christ.

Amen!

A Christian is a born again person, whose Lord is Jesus Christ!

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I self define, religiously speaking, as a Catholic Christian. I do not need to go outside of my faith tradition to self define. Hence I do not define myself in terms of opposition to other religious groups - for example, Islam, or Judaism, or Christian groups not in full communion with the Catholic Church.

So how do you self define?

Hi MC,

I'm sure you know mine as I've posted it hundreds of times on these threads: born again believer in the Lord Jesus.

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted

Upvote 0

fhansen

Oldbie
Sep 3, 2011
✟326,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm a believer in Christ first of all. The Catholic Church is simply the vehicle to that end, to Him, IOW, helping me to become a believer and begin my walk, then helping me to keep walking in that faith. OTOH, I don't see a difference I guess; to be Catholic is to be a believer from my perspective.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NorrinRadd

Xian, Biblicist, Fideist, Pneumatic, Antinomian
Sep 2, 2007
Wayne Township, PA, USA
✟8,652.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
So how do you self define?

I don't have one particular label.

I have some beliefs that fall between Charismatic and Pentecostal. I like Wesley's Quadrilateral. I see many passages lining up with classical Arminianism. I have come to a largely antinomian-libertarian understanding of the New Covenant. I am fully egalitarian/mutualist in my understanding of male-female relationships. I have some few OC leanings, including rejection of the notion of inherited guilt.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic" is a useful slogan.

Upvote 0

Living in the Light

How may I be a better Christian?
Jan 7, 2012
United States
✟16,371.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
A follower of Jesus.

While this sounds noble and the right thing to do, I fail daily on many levels. My main failure is to remember that the right thinking is vital. Unconditional love for all of humanity without judgment and putting into practice is a challenge. It's very difficult to love those that have committed horrific acts -- a good example would be the man in Ohio who is on trial now for keeping the three women hostages in this basement for ten years. All I can do is keep trying.

Upvote 0