Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟748,645.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
By this question, I mean do you use CF on a smartphone, tablet, or PC?
Do you use specific software, such as a web browser?

I have a smartphone, Android tablet, laptop running Fedora Linux and a PC running Ubuntu Linux. I use CF mainly on my desktop PC because I value the screen estate. My browser of choice is Mozilla Firefox. I can work on my photos, pictures and documents whilst exploring the forums!

LaSorcia

Supporter
Aug 18, 2015
✟1,346,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I haven't liked using CF on a phone. I really don't like most of the phoneternet. I don't have a tablet, because I like computers on which I can buy and own the software instead of paying for apps or software as a service, which, sadly, is the way of the future.

I used to use Fedora. I still have a dual-boot PC with Ubuntu. Mozilla used to be good, but they've sacrificed a lot of privacy issues over the years sadly. I don't know of a better alternative though.

Upvote 0

JustRachel

He welcomed me back! <3
Supporter
Aug 12, 2007
Right here
✟325,328.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm old and still prefer using my computer for most everything. Currently have a laptop, but when this dies I'll likely look for another desktop if they're still making them. I've been using Firefox for many years.

Upvote 0

Multifavs

Daughter of God
Supporter
May 28, 2017
USA
✟146,607.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Usually I use our Windows laptop that has Windows 7, but once in a while I'll use our Windows desktop that has Windows 8.1; I always use Firefox. I don't have a phone but I don't mind, I'm used to and would probably prefer using a computer anyway.

Upvote 0

LaSorcia

Supporter
Aug 18, 2015
✟1,346,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Usually I use our Windows laptop that has Windows 7, but once in a while I'll use our Windows desktop that has Windows 8.1; I always use Firefox. I don't have a phone but I don't mind, I'm used to and would probably prefer using a computer anyway.
Pikachu can use whatever OS it wants lol.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I'm on a Vista-era Dell tower with a 22" monitor. The tower runs MX Linux x64 and has no problem running any prog I throw at it. My browser is Vivaldi, and I use a custom CSS style sheet to make CF easier on the eyes (it's available in the Questions about CF forum). Usually during the day I have my Bible prog, theWord, open on a second workspace, on which I'm learning Greek.

Last edited:
Reactions: Anthony2019
Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm on a Vista-era Dell tower with a 22" monitor. The tower runs MX Linux x64 and has no problem running any prog I throw at it. My browser is Vivaldi, and I use a custom CSS style sheet to make CF easier on the eyes. Usually during the day I have my Bible prog, theWord, open on a second workspace, on which I'm learning Greek.

I have a HP Win10 LT with Vivaldi; which is the greatest browser made; imo.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nChrist

AKA: Tom - Saved By Grace Through Faith
Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟879,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm on a Vista-era Dell tower with a 22" monitor. The tower runs MX Linux x64 and has no problem running any prog I throw at it. My browser is Vivaldi, and I use a custom CSS style sheet to make CF easier on the eyes (it's available in the Questions about CF forum). Usually during the day I have my Bible prog, theWord, open on a second workspace, on which I'm learning Greek.

I tried installing TheWord on Ubuntu Linux and couldn't get it done using Wine. Could you share any tricks you used in getting TheWord installed? Any help would be appreciated.

Upvote 0

paul1149

Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I tried installing TheWord on Ubuntu Linux and couldn't get it done using Wine. Could you share any tricks you used in getting TheWord installed? Any help would be appreciated.
I don't know, it went swimmingly here. It also went well on my previous linux distro, linux lite. Here's what I have installed:

wine.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: nChrist
Upvote 0

nChrist

Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟879,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't know, it went swimmingly here. It also went well on my previous linux distro, linux lite. Here's what I have installed:

View attachment 252375

Thanks for the information. I'll check to make sure I have everything on the list installed.

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟748,645.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

nChrist

Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟879,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

paul1149

Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,364.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Thanks for the additional information. I really appreciate it. I have the latest version of Wine, so I'll try TheWord again. The ratings in the database were from good to bad depending on versions.
The latest versions work fine. Once it's installed, I periodically go to the Beta forum and download the latest beta there and manually substitute its .exe in the file manager.

Reactions: nChrist
Upvote 0

nChrist

Supporter
Mar 21, 2003
Oklahoma, USA
✟879,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My answer would have been different recently, but my computer had a complete melt-down. I now have a brand new HP Envy Desktop with Windows 10 and Firefox. This is my first day to have it up and running with nearly everything working. So far - so good.

Upvote 0