How do you do creation science research?

Self Improvement

Jun 24, 2004
Minneapolis, MN
✟2,258.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
61UrdK4H9KL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The creationist quick reference, 2010 edition. :)

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0
J

Jazer

Since all the evidence contradicts the biblical creation, I'm assuming you just read Genesis.
There is no contradiction at all. You have OEC that deals with old earth Creationism, you have GAP that covers mostly from 14,000 to 6,000 years ago. Then you have YEC that covers the last 6,000 years. Creationism is very simple. Look at the History for an example. Look at what Science says about the Jewish people 6,000 years ago and look at what the Bible says. Science and the Bible tend to agree. There is no disagreement or contradiction. Only Science gets obsolete and outdated very fast. The Bible remains the same for over 3500 years now. The Bible is timeless and does not get obsolete and outdated.

Upvote 0

Exiledoomsayer

Only toke me 1 year to work out how to change this
Jan 7, 2010
✟17,737.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
There is no contradiction at all.

The Bible is timeless and does not get obsolete and outdated.
I think that is mostly because people will twist themselfs and it into a pretzel to find excuses for its laughable errors. Such as the world being flat as a coin clearly stated in the original hebrew, but must be explained away with far fetched nonsense because its clearly false and the bible cant be false so obviously the guy who wrote it simply was terrible at hewbrew :doh:.

Upvote 0

Delphiki

May 7, 2010
Ohio
✟5,675.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
There is no contradiction at all. (blah blah blah)

OEC - The sequence of events is probably largest inconsistency with science. Plants before sun? Birds before land animals?

GAP - The one that merely supplements the bible by saying there was more than one creation... which contradicts both the bible and science.

YEC - This one should be pretty obvious... To quote Lewis Black, "FOSSIL!"

And let's not over look that all three of these contradict each other! Of course, do you know how many endings there are to Little Red Riding Hood? Same reasons.

Biology, geology, cosmology, and chemistry, on the other hand, all support each other... Probably because they were all build on observations of the material universe... Ya think that might have something to do with it?

The most hysterical thing about creationism is that no creationist has ever thought to actually study... gee, i dunno... what was created.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
OEC - The sequence of events is probably largest inconsistency with science. Plants before sun? Birds before land animals?

GAP - The one that merely supplements the bible by saying there was more than one creation... which contradicts both the bible and science.

YEC - This one should be pretty obvious... To quote Lewis Black, "FOSSIL!"
You need to add three more to this list, just to match the number of [major] theories concerning our moon (or moons); and then you need to downgrade one of them, just to catch up to Pluto.

Upvote 0

Delphiki

May 7, 2010
Ohio
✟5,675.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
You need to add three more to this list, just to match the number of [major] theories concerning our moon (or moons); and then you need to downgrade one of them, just to catch up to Pluto.

Before you go commenting all willy-nilly, please note the context and the post I was replying to.

Try even arguing against the points presented to keep conversation consistent. How about that?

In regards to you once again bringing up the moon and Pluto after they have been explained COUNTLESS times to you I can only conclude that you are a complete imbecile. I've given you hundreds of chances to prove otherwise, but I've never met anyone so proud of their idiocy, and frankly I couldn't care less if you notify your forum chaperones again for telling you this. I feel you need to know the truth. You're an idiot and a troll. I mean seriously, how can someone with your level of comprehension even manage to wipe himself, let alone figure out how to use a computer.

Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Delphiki

May 7, 2010
Ohio
✟5,675.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
What are you even doing here, AV? You're not here to learn anything, you reject reality, and you just constantly make idiotic unrelated comments. You obviously have no desire for truth or knowledge. You don't even believe the bible because you add your own mythology to it to make yourself happy! What are you even doing here?

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

GAP is taken legitimately from the Genesis account. In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth, and then the earth became empty and chaotic. "Became" is a legitimate translation of the word rendered "was". Follows is the restoration of the surface of the earth including the atmosphere. The bible doesn't address the ancient earth as it just isn't that important (God left that for science to explore).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What are you even doing here, AV? You're not here to learn anything, you reject reality, and you just constantly make idiotic unrelated comments. You obviously have no desire for truth or knowledge. You don't even believe the bible because you add your own mythology to it to make yourself happy! What are you even doing here?
You don't mind if I refuse to vacate the area in deference to someone who is acting like he's disgusted, do you?

Upvote 0

driewerf

a day at the Zoo
Mar 7, 2010
✟260,655.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I like Biblical Literalism, but I think creationism is sufficient, as I define creationism as 'belief in the creation event'.

But you're right, "Biblical Literalism" is much more descriptive.
I don't think so. Because 'belief in the creation event' might mean that you believe the Muslim account of the creation event, or the hindu account, or the Sikh account etc.

Biblical literalism refers clearly to the christian bible.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't think so. Because 'belief in the creation event' might mean that you believe the Muslim account of the creation event, or the hindu account, or the Sikh account etc.

Biblical literalism refers clearly to the christian bible.
But just like you have to have the right religion (Christianity, in this case), you need the right Bible (KJV, in this case).

After all, the Bible says:

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

... not:

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Upvote 0

mzungu

INVICTUS
Dec 17, 2010
Earth!
✟24,975.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
But just like you have to have the right religion (Christianity, in this case), you need the right Bible (KJV, in this case).

After all, the Bible says:

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

... not:

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
Genesis was originally written in Modern English:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Naraoia

Apprentice Biologist
Sep 30, 2007
On edge
Visit site
✟15,998.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
The most hysterical thing about creationism is that no creationist has ever thought to actually study... gee, i dunno... what was created.
They do sometimes study it... it just looks a bit different with Morton's Demon processing the data.

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Since all the evidence contradicts the biblical creation, I'm assuming you just read Genesis. Only the entire bible is finite. Does that mean that if I've read the bible, I'm just as qualified as any other creation scientist?

What about the creationist accounts of religions other than Christianity? Do I just read their holy books?

I am a little bit tired of you. It seems you can't ask good question.

If you tell me a few steps involved in a research work, then I can tell you how would creationism fit in. I guarantee you that it would be better than the version done by an evolutionist.

Upvote 0