Country
Lithuania
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
How do most of you deal with lying ? I just often have situations or either in my school where There is no way that i just could say truth. If i say the truth then I would sound crazy. As well situations with your CV where I don't have much working experience and If I write the truth then probably I won't be able to get work. How to deal with that? Because now i am in such situations that I don't know what should I do.

• Prayers
Reactions: anna ~ grace

r4.h

Feb 11, 2018
Hamilton
✟20,810.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How do most of you deal with lying ? I just often have situations or either in my school where There is no way that i just could say truth. If i say the truth then I would sound crazy. As well situations with your CV where I don't have much working experience and If I write the truth then probably I won't be able to get work. How to deal with that? Because now i am in such situations that I don't know what should I do.

Telling the truth does not mean we have to reveal things not relevant or asked about.

But lying (misleading with the intent to decieve) will lead to being barred from heaven. So tell the truth at all times and leave the consequences to God. Yes at times some will think your crazy but just say what the Holy Spirit prompts you to. Remember that "all who live godly shall suffer persecution", yet gain Gods blessing and enter eternal life.
We will not always suffer, you may even be surprised that others may gain help and are encouraged by your bravery.

• Agree
Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
People can be split on this. I feel its impossible to not lie in some instances. Like if you have a suprise birthday party for someone and they ask why you've been busy the last few days. Do you tell them about the party or lie and say something else?

And if someones in a relationship and the woman asks "Do I look fat in this?", do we be honest or lie? I mean some would say you don't have to lie and could not really give the information. But to me thats still lying.

• Useful
Upvote 0

r4.h

Feb 11, 2018
Hamilton
✟20,810.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
People can be split on this. I feel its impossible to not lie in some instances. Like if you have a suprise birthday party for someone and they ask why you've been busy the last few days. Do you tell them about the party or lie and say something else?

And if someones in a relationship and the woman asks "Do I look fat in this?", do we be honest or lie? I mean some would say you don't have to lie and could not really give the information. But to me thats still lying.

Do care what God thinks? He is very clear no liars will be given entrance into heaven. Lying is sin and caring what people may say or do may just be cowardness.

Upvote 0

ovis90

Jun 7, 2015
Vilnius
✟20,552.00
Country
Lithuania
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Telling the truth does not mean we have to reveal things not relevant or asked about.

But lying (misleading with the intent to decieve) will lead to being barred from heaven. So tell the truth at all times and leave the consequences to God. Yes at times some will think your crazy but just say what the Holy Spirit prompts you to. Remember that "all who live godly shall suffer persecution", yet gain Gods blessing and enter eternal life.
We will not always suffer, you may even be surprised that others may gain help and are encouraged by your bravery.

If i say the truth to a teacher then It would sound I don't want to go to your class because i just don't like the way you don't teach me at all and only criticise me instead of helping.So that's why I don't go to your class.I just feel humiliated in the class so then i rahter not go at all to his class.

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do care what God thinks? He is very clear no liars will be given entrance into heaven. Lying is sin and caring what people may say or do may just be cowardness.
I never seen a verse that said lying equals no heaven. All sins are the same and are forgivable. Depending on what denomination you are of course.

Reactions: Aino
Upvote 0

ovis90

Jun 7, 2015
Vilnius
✟20,552.00
Country
Lithuania
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Yes,but if you offend them by saying the truth

Upvote 0

R. Hartono

Feb 2, 2018
Depok
✟22,935.00
Country
Indonesia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
If i say the truth to a teacher then It would sound I don't want to go to your class because i just don't like the way you don't teach me at all and only criticise me instead of helping.So that's why I don't go to your class.I just feel humiliated in the class so then i rahter not go at all to his class.
Its hard to find a perfect people who can please us/others as per our wish as we also may not be able to please other people the way they wish, at least we can maintain the good relation with them and never deliberately hurt their feeling for not being able to please us.

Upvote 0

messianist

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
a
✟282,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I never seen a verse that said lying equals no heaven. All sins are the same and are forgivable. Depending on what denomination you are of course.
Don't know if this helps

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You can go through life being truthful. If your CV isn't great go do things to make it better. Volunteer, go do something to put on there.

Your teacher asks why your not putting in the effort in her class? Maybe telling the truth in a respectful and tactful way may help you feel more understood. (Like making sure yr speech is non accusatory ie about how you feel rather than someone elses actions, that words like always/never are not used etc.)

You can live in such a way that you don't need to lie. A 150 years ago some people went throught there whole life without lying.

I lied last week by the way :/

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don't know if this helps

But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Can't be true because then it would counter the bible saying salvation is unloseable. Its not our actions that determine if we get into heaven or not. Though this all depends on ones beliefs though.

Not to mention most christians have idolatry of some sort. They often don't realize it. Especially when it comes to eletronics.

Upvote 0

messianist

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
a
✟282,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Can't be true because then it would counter the bible saying salvation is unloseable. Its not our actions that determine if we get into heaven or not. Though this all depends on ones beliefs though.

Ther not my words they are in the bible so if they aren't true what are we all doing on hear.

Upvote 0

messianist

Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2017
a
✟282,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Not to mention most christians have idolatry of some sort. They often don't realize it. Especially when it comes to eletronics.
The only other thing is to questions one's salvation if they say they cant do these things the Bible warns us of.

Upvote 0

Andrew77

The walking accident
Site Supporter
Feb 11, 2018
Ohio
✟138,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

1. Go to the teacher after class, and tell them the answer to their question when no one else is around, and be honest.

2. Say something else that is the truth. Omit the part that could cause conflict.

3. Say nothing. When Pilot asked Jesus about all the accusations, he remained silent.

I have at times said "I have no comment on that". It's useful.

So a number of things.

As for getting a job, my view is always "I have no experience, that's why I want the position.". You can't really lie to an employer, because if you lie on your resume, and they find out, then you will be fired with cause. If you think not getting hired is humiliating, try having the boss walk you out in front of the entire company, and have everyone know the reason is that you lied to the employer about your work history.

Trust me.... better to be honest. Truthfully, you don't want to ruin your reputation of being honest. I've actually seen people fired from a job, because they found out they lied at their previous job.

Don't do that. Don't even consider it. Better to not get the job, than get it, and be humiliated for years after. That stuff comes back from the dead later, like a zombie the follows you around. Don't do it.

Reactions: Aino
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Anon777

Mar 4, 2018
Monticello
✟8,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged

I think someone else said it. Being honest is important. The reason being is that if you lie to someone and they know it's a lie than your probably never going to regain their trust. They will never know if what you're saying is true or a lie. That does not mean you have to disclose every tiny detail, sometimes its better for them to not know. As far as jobs go being honest no matter what is important. People respect honesty.

Upvote 0

GTW27

Aug 31, 2007
Western Pa
✟203,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

"Lying lips are an abomination to The Lord., but those who act faithfully are His delight." Do what is pleasing unto The Lord, despite what anyone may think of you.

Reactions: messianist
Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
High school stinks. Be humble, polite, and yeah, sometimes we have to lie a little bit. When customers ask me how I'm doing at work, if I'm honest, I might start griping about my marriage, the pain in my knee, trouble at work, fatigue, a long shift ahead of me, etc. But

A) no one wants to hear that and

B) I believe that sometimes Jesus gives us little chances to bear suffering with a smile for Him, and increase in holiness.

Upvote 0

r4.h

Feb 11, 2018
Hamilton
✟20,810.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Really Rev 21:8 "But..fearful,unbelieving,abominable,murderers,whoremongers,sourcerers,idolators, and ALL liars, shall have their part in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death."

Upvote 0