How do you come to terms with your adult child denounce her belief?

Sparta

Sep 1, 2021
Escambia
✟995.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I sometimes blame myself or rethink if there is anything I could have done differently. I pray daily for her heart to turn back to God. What else can parent do?

You're question is going to find 2 types of believers.
One type, puts going to heaven as the Cross you are to bear, and if you mess up, you dont go.
Another type, will tell you that once you belong to God, you belong to God based totally on what Christ has done to cause that to be so as the gift of Salvation.

Here is what i can tell you.
If your adult child was born again, then they are in God's hands.
Its very common that people find doubt and that becomes their faith.
Dead faith, is not dead salvation. Its just a place of mind.
Minds change all the time, Emptyvessel.
Often, doubt that believes no longer, is a seed of real faith being planted.

If you read your NT, you know that a believing wife can rescue an unbelieving husband from their lack of faith, not by beating them with a bible verse and a bible, but simply by maintaining their own faith.
ITs not different with your adult child and you.
We can't beat someone with the Cross and make them believe it.
In fact, the more we push, the more they resist.
What we do is lead and lead, and by example.... And that is best supplied by unconditional love.
The NT says that God saved us when we were UNGODLY......so, that is How God loves us.
We do the same.

Billy Graham, was once asked....>>"what if you found out one of your children was GAY".
He said...."then i would love that one more".
That does not mean he accepted their sexuality, it just means that he would love them more.
Love never fails.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,983.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Emptyvessel, understand what you're saying. Praying, too.

Sometimes I pray to the Lord with Scriptures such as:
-asking Him to remove their blinders " ..for their minds have been blinded by the god of this age, leaving them in unbelief. Their blindness keeps them from seeing the dayspring light of the wonderful news of the glory of Jesus Christ, who is the divine image of God." II Cor 4:4
-asking for these to be a reality in their lives "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." Pro `22:6.
-""How excellent is thy lovingkindness, O God! therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of thy wings." Psa 36:7

Last edited:
Reactions: Emptyvessel
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I sometimes blame myself or rethink if there is anything I could have done differently. I pray daily for her heart to turn back to God. What else can parent do?
The world is something that is done for you. Rather than something done to you.

Upvote 0