• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

How do we cope with trials and temptations?

Discussion in 'Pentecostal & Assemblies of God' started by quietbloke, Oct 25, 2017.

1. quietbloke

quietbloke Brother in Christ Supporter

+48,674
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    We all face trials and temptations. How do we cope with them?
    (James 1:2-18)

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. rockytopva

rockytopva Love to pray! :) Supporter

+6,882
    Pentecostal
    Single
    The old Merrimac Pentecostal Holiness church. We use to have revivals that would go for weeks and our pastor was the best at finding great evangelist. Our conference use to have rules that a church was to have so many revivals in a year. The old timers use to encourage me to stay in revival after I got saved.

I am thinking that it is bad thing that people do not congregate more often. Many churches only have one Sunday service a week and little going on. If the people are not encouraged for revival they will fall in temptations.

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. quietbloke

+48,674
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    I agree with that 'rocky'. There is strength in fellowship

4. musicalpilgrim

musicalpilgrim pilgrim on the sacred music pathway Angels Team Supporter

+28,354
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Such a wonderful photo and so many children...a real blessing to see

5. musicalpilgrim

musicalpilgrim pilgrim on the sacred music pathway Angels Team Supporter

+28,354
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    It helps if we have memorized Scriptures so we have the Word of the Lord to protect us, the Sword of the Spirit...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. Tayla

Tayla Well-Known Member Supporter

+797
    United States
    Atheist
    Private
    Resist them. Flee from them. Develop habits not leading to them.

A good place to start: Kick out TV, movies, novels, most music having lyrics, ads, most everything this unholy and depraved culture dishes up for our consumption.

7. Halbhh

Halbhh Everything You say is Life to me Supporter

+7,267
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    After years of trying and working, I found that we have a lot more success if we pray as Christ said to you and to me to pray --

Matthew chapter 6, v5-15

where we are specifically instructed by our Lord to pray exactly that we not be led into temptation, and that we be delivered from evil!

Prayers done as Christ said to pray work! He said to pray with faith -- Mark chapter 11

8. rocknanchor

rocknanchor How the Lord Hears You - James 4:3 Supporter

+6,128
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Constitution
    When all "is lawful" and cannot escape seeing the impression it makes (yes, we don't stare), one of my unwilling things to get going on was "working", in the thing that was good, can be tough, esp if one wants to earn a living from it.

All in all, cut back from the things that are not pleasing to Him, and pray dear soldier, pray.

9. rocknanchor

+6,128
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Distance oneself from doubt; things that oppose God, nature and joy.

10. quietbloke

+48,674
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    'We never need need be vanquished. We never need give in. Though waging war with Satan and compassed round by sin. Temptations will beset us,allurements oft assail,but in the name of Jesus,we shall,we must prevail' (W A Garratt)

11. rocknanchor

+6,128
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Constitution
    “To any who may be struggling to see that light and find that hope, I say: Hold on. Keep trying. God loves you. Things will improve. Christ comes to you in His ‘more excellent ministry’ with a future of ‘better promises.’ He is your ‘high priest of good things to come.’ ”
    —Jeffrey R. Holland

12. quietbloke

+48,674
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    'He leads us on in triumph,an overcoming band. While victory crowns His progress,"For none can stay His hand". Our eyes are on our leader,His presence is our might. He arms us for the conflict and trains our hands to fight' (W A Garratt)

13. rocknanchor

+6,128
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Blessed be the LORD my strength,
    who teaches my hands to war,
    and my fingers to fight

(Psalm 144:1)

14. quietbloke

+48,674
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    'God wills not that His people by sin enthralled should be,but that their lives henceforward be lives of victory and so at our disposal,He places all His power,that we from its' resources may draw in danger's hour' (W A Garratt)

15. quietbloke

+48,674
    United Kingdom
    Pentecostal
    Married
    'Herein is hid the secret of an all glorious life,whereby we conquer Satan and rise above sin's strife. Abiding in the Saviour,self prostrate in the dust,we live to do His bidding,in glad perpetual trust' (W A Garratt)