How do Protestants Settle on a Denomination? (No Debating Catholics/Orthodox)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDC

Jan 19, 2017
Texas
✟59,701.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
How do Protestants Settle on a Denomination?

Ini Mini
Miny Moe, whatever SUITS ME, there I go.

PanDeVida
And Roman Catholicism is represented very well by the avatar above... as the monstrance is a representation of Babylonian Sun worship with its rays emitting towards its worshipers while holding its “host” idol

Upvote 0

PanDeVida

Feb 21, 2007
✟42,102.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
And Roman Catholicism is represented very well by the avatar above... as the monstrance is a representation of Babylonian Sun worship with its rays emitting towards its worshipers while holding its “host” idol

Of course this comes from a Calvinist, who's church started by a man in the 15th century or later, who perhaps named it after himself, as well, go figure.

Let me tell you, The Eucharist which you say is a representation of Sun Worship, (FAKE NEWS)

In your post MDC, you spell it S.U.N., and the Catholic Church spells it S.O.N. The SON of God, who is Jesus Christ / Eucharist. Amen Amen

Yes, I WORSHIP the Eucharist, for it is the Body and Blood Soul and Divinity of Christ.

PanDeVida

Upvote 0

LovebirdsFlying

My husband drew this cartoon of me.
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟840,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I search the Bible for myself, and I choose a church based on where I believe (regardless of denomination) it is being taught correctly. I am now a member of a Southern Baptist church, but I would call myself more of a general Christian than specifically a Baptist. I could feel at home in any of several denominations, as long as I believe they are teaching Biblical principles.

I don't have to agree with everything. There are a few non-negotiables, and other points I can be flexible on. I don't agree with every statement made at the church I go to now. Sometimes the pastor has been known to mispronounce words or cite urban legends as if they are fact. But I've never heard him preach anything that is doctrinally in error, as far as I can tell.

Upvote 0

PanDeVida

Feb 21, 2007
✟42,102.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I search the Bible for myself, and I choose a church based on where I believe (regardless of denomination) it is being taught correctly. I am now a member of a Southern Baptist church, but I would call myself more of a general Christian than specifically a Baptist. I could feel at home in any of several denominations, as long as I believe they are teaching Biblical principles.

I don't have to agree with everything. There are a few non-negotiables, and other points I can be flexible on. I don't agree with every statement made at the church I go to now. Sometimes the pastor has been known to mispronounce words or cite urban legends as if they are fact. But I've never heard him preach anything that is doctrinally in error, as far as I can tell.

LoveBird, This is exactly what I mean, many if not all Protestants like yourself, and you are a prime example who choose a church based on their own belief, here I quote you: "I search the Bible for myself, and I choose a church based on where I believe"... LoveBird, Thus why there are over 33,000 Protestant churches. Many may disagree with this number, however, One more church than the Church founded on Rock, is one too many.

This is where protestantism goes wrong, amongst others, this error started with the protestant reformation.

PanDeVida

Upvote 0

MDC

Jan 19, 2017
Texas
✟59,701.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Of course this comes from a Calvinist, who's church started by a man in the 15th century or later, who perhaps named it after himself, as well, go figure.

Let me tell you, The Eucharist which you say is a representation of Sun Worship, (FAKE NEWS)

In your post MDC, you spell it S.U.N., and the Catholic Church spells it S.O.N. The SON of God, who is Jesus Christ / Eucharist. Amen Amen

Yes, I WORSHIP the Eucharist, for it is the Body and Blood Soul and Divinity of Christ.

PanDeVida
The church is the body of Christ. Not some organization that represents Sun worship. God has always had His elect remnant among the world of tares, even during Calvin’s time. Yes and I know the RCC teaches the worship of the eucharist, but that’s definitely not Christ Jesus. Sorcery, through its practice of temple priests, cannot bring Christ down from heaven.

Upvote 0

MDC

Jan 19, 2017
Texas
✟59,701.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single

PanDeVida
So please explain why the monstrance is a Sun. What exactly is its purpose?

Upvote 0

PanDeVida

Feb 21, 2007
✟42,102.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The church is the body of Christ. Not some organization that represents Sun worship. God has always had His elect remnant among the world of tares, even during Calvin’s time. Yes and I know the RCC teaches the worship of the eucharist, but that’s definitely not Christ Jesus. Sorcery, through its practice of temple priests, cannot bring Christ down from heaven.

MDC, you are correct the Church is the Body of Christ. However their is a Church hierarchy that governs the Church Body of Christ on earth. Or do you believe that Christ is a God of Chaos? Without hierarchy in the one Church Founded on Rock there would be Chaos.

The Protestant reformation wether you like it or not that you are a part of is in chaos, thus why since the Protestant reformation / deformation there are many churches started by men who searched for a church that fitted their belief and could not find one, so they started one themselves, wrong and not of Jesus Christ.

MDC, Let me prove to you that there are TWO, one is the Body of Christ the Church and there is the Church Hierarchy that governs the body the church which you and I are a part of.

1. Here is the Body of the Church: Matthew 6:14 (to the Body of the Church) For if you will forgive men their offences, your heavenly Father will forgive you also your offences. 15 (to the Body of the Church) But if you will not forgive men, neither will your Father forgive you your offences.

2. Here is the Governing Church Hierarchy: John 20: As the Father hath sent me, I also send you. 22When he had said this, he breathed on them; and he said to them: (to the Church Hierarchy) Receive ye the Holy Ghost. 23 (to the Church Hierarchy) Whose sins you shall forgive, they are forgiven them; and whose sins you shall retain, they are retained.

MDC, notice the difference between the Body of the Church which consist of All Catholic Lay persons and Protestants, AND the Church Hierarchy Apostles and Priest Bishops and Pope that governs the Body of the Church, you and I.

Number 1, above, (The Body of the Church) we must for give each other or God will not forgive us.

Re: Number 2, above, not so with the Church Hierarchy. The Church Hierarchy has the Power to FORGIVE us or RETAIN our Sins.

See the difference! Find the Church with the Hierarchy and you will find the Church founded on Rock that can forgive or retain our sin, the proof is in John 20:22-23 Amen Amen

PanDeVida

Upvote 0

MDC

Jan 19, 2017
Texas
✟59,701.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
MDC, you are correct the Church is the Body of Christ. However their is a Church hierarchy that governs the Church Body of Christ on earth. Or do you believe that Christ is a God of Chaos? Without hierarchy in the one Church Founded on Rock there would be Chaos.

The Protestant reformation wether you like it or not that you are a part of is in chaos, thus why since the Protestant reformation / deformation there are many churches started by men who searched for a church that fitted their belief and could not find one, so they started one themselves, wrong and not of Jesus Christ.

MDC, Let me prove to you that there are TWO, one is the Body of Christ the Church and there is the Church Hierarchy that governs the body the church which you and I are a part of.

1. Here is the Body of the Church: Matthew 6:14 (to the Body of the Church) For if you will forgive men their offences, your heavenly Father will forgive you also your offences. 15 (to the Body of the Church) But if you will not forgive men, neither will your Father forgive you your offences.

2. Here is the Governing Church Hierarchy: John 20: As the Father hath sent me, I also send you. 22When he had said this, he breathed on them; and he said to them: (to the Church Hierarchy) Receive ye the Holy Ghost. 23 (to the Church Hierarchy) Whose sins you shall forgive, they are forgiven them; and whose sins you shall retain, they are retained.

MDC, notice the difference between the Body of the Church which consist of All Catholic Lay persons and Protestants, AND the Church Hierarchy Apostles and Priest Bishops and Pope that governs the Body of the Church, you and I.

Number 1, above, (The Body of the Church) we must for give each other or God will not forgive us.

Re: Number 2, above, not so with the Church Hierarchy. The Church Hierarchy has the Power to FORGIVE us or RETAIN our Sins.

See the difference! Find the Church with the Hierarchy and you will find the Church founded on Rock that can forgive or retain our sin, the proof is in John 20:22-23 Amen Amen

PanDeVida
I agree that non Catholics are in chaos. No more in chaos than Rome itself. Simply because most so called “Protestants” are no different in its core doctrine of soteriology, than its mother (popery). They are definitely not protesting anything. But hold to work based salvation. As far as your hierarchy of idolatrous men, wrong again! There is NO vicar of Christ (pope) that rules over anyone according to scripture. That is one of many blasphemous teachings that Rome teaches. The elect believers in Christ are a royal priesthood that can go directly to our Savior.. and yes there are those who oversee the flock, but yet Gods Word is the only foundation for doctrine, reproof, correction and instruction in righteousness. 2 Timothy 3:16. And it is the Spirit of God that ultimately teaches and guides all the elect in Christ by Gods Sovereign decree of election. These are those who are founded upon the Rock! See the difference?

Reactions: Doug Melven
Upvote 0

PanDeVida

Feb 21, 2007
✟42,102.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I agree that non Catholics are in chaos. No more in chaos than Rome itself. Simply because most so called “Protestants” are no different in its core doctrine of soteriology, than its mother (popery). They are definitely not protesting anything. But hold to work based salvation. As far as your hierarchy of idolatrous men, wrong again! There is NO vicar of Christ (pope) that rules over anyone according to scripture. That is one of many blasphemous teachings that Rome teaches. The elect believers in Christ are a royal priesthood that can go directly to our Savior.. and yes there are those who oversee the flock, but yet Gods Word is the only foundation for doctrine, reproof, correction and instruction in righteousness. 2 Timothy 3:16. And it is the Spirit of God that ultimately teaches and guides all the elect in Christ by Gods Sovereign decree of election. These are those who are founded upon the Rock! See the difference?

MDC, you contradict yourself! You State:"...yes there are those who oversee the flock"... But yet you believe that there is no magisterium that oversees the Flock. Don't you See the Chaos in Protestantism's contradiction after contradiction.

Goodnite,

Upvote 0

MDC

Jan 19, 2017
Texas
✟59,701.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
MDC, you contradict yourself! You State:"...yes there are those who oversee the flock"... But yet you believe that there is no magisterium that oversees the Flock. Don't you See the Chaos in Protestantism's contradiction after contradiction.

Goodnite,
There are those elders and overseers who serve the flock of Christ in ways to protect, encourage and teach Gods people. But the foundation and basis for all truth is Gods Word (scripture).. scripture only. As many confessions and creeds bring out. And our chief shepherd is Christ Jesus and He alone. But there is no hierarchy of dictatorial idolatrous men who place traditions of men above scripture, as the RCC does. Gods overseers are servants rather than men to be worshiped and venerated as popery practices. Rome is no different with it’s confusion of man made traditions than the chaotic “Protestants” you speak of. Rome’s man made traditions deny Christ and His gospel. As the Pharisees through their traditions nullified Gods Word

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GUANO

Jul 3, 2013
Los Angeles
✟32,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Denominations are literally deamonic entities created by sorcery and magic---and they take the place of Jesus Christ.

They meet every definition of an Idol, and in fact, they are known in Rosicrucian circles as Egregores which is a name that links them to the offspring of the Fallen Angels in the Book of Enoch. These spirits are not alive and have no consciousness but they have the ability to impact the consciousness of those who have joined themselves to it by influencing their worldview...

A Denomination, or really, any corporatized organization, is a marriage covenant between a group of people and an idea or principle. Corporate entities are Godforms and they pretty much have a 'life of their own'.

In addition, the 'structure' and 'legitimacy-granting-authority' are in direct opposition to scripture and in fact, spiritually supplants both Jesus Christ as the 'head' of the organization as well as God as the granting authority. On top of all that you're (the pastor) then signing a legally binding contract or oath that asserts the same... Then you're going to go into that building and teach people not to swear oaths?

I like to view corporate entities as little mini beast-images. Egregores are seen in Bible Prophecy as beasts, most of them are identified as nations and, while they have no life or consciousness of their own, they seem to exist for the sole purpose of making war with each other and thus are responsible for the greatest loss of human life and destruction.

Denominations, like the real beast-nations they're modeled after, only serve themselves and feed upon you.

If you're going to feed something, feed the only organization that is not recognized by any government on earth-The Kingdom of God-The Body of Christ

I'd prefer to go to a non-501c3 that has no denominationally-certified, state-approved, propaganda-doctrine...

The religion of the New World is far more advanced than any of you can imagine. They don't care what god you profess to worship---as long as you worship theirs first... And their gods grant legitimacy to your gods! Oh, but secularism isn't a religion so it's OK! We don't call them vain idols, we call them nations and states and they allow your feeble denominations to exist as long as they play by the rules otherwise they revoke the permit because they are far more powerful than your weak little God of Abraham who has to petition the nations to allow His People legally congregate even though he's supposedly the Author of the Universe...

Don't even get me started on this... Don't even...

All your little denominations named after dead people (necromancy) will be put under His feet :)

Upvote 0

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My question to the Protestants is, how do you settle on one denomination or church?

Well - in MY CASE I was Terminally depressed, Suicidal, hopeless, and 2000 miles away from home. My room mate had been led into salvation on a Tuesday night, and he took me on Wednesday evening, and God brought Strong Conviction of SIN, and of Judgement so I repented surrendered to Him, and cried out (literally) for him to forgive me and cleanse me - and He Did - everything changed that night, and is STILL changed 54 years later. SInce the whole process was the result of a Baptist outreach, obviously that was the church that I became part of. NO QUESTION that it was operaing in the power of the Lord. WHEn I went back home (to Boston) I found the baptist churches were a good deal colder, and after some searching I settled into the Assembly of God, where I've been for MOST of the 53 years since up to the present.

There can only be 1 true church; if you stay protestant, how do you determine which one that is?

Easy!!! There IS only ONE Church of Jesus Christ which is the pillar and ground of the TRUTH.

It, however, has NEVER BEEN a "Visible organization", but is the invisible universal Body of CHrist and ONLY THOSE who have been "Born Again" by FAITH in the perfect SIN offering of Jesus on the Cross (Isaiah 53) are part of it. It's not and never was a "Denominational group", and NO visible church system is "The one true church" since they're all infused with error to one degree or another.

For me and the family the "Right Visible Church" has changed, depending on God's leading and what ministry HE desired me to give at the time. I've been Baptist, Methodist, Church of Christ (Campbellite), Independent Bible, United Church of Christ, Free Will Baptist, Fellowship of Christian Assemblies, Independent Charismatic, Cowboy Church (baptist), and Assembly of God, where I've been for the last 27 years again. God has been right there in ALL of them, and His Holy SPirit Moves in them regardless of the "Label" on the door. The Holy Spirit is ever present to guide into truth, just as HE was in 40 A.D.

Reactions: Doug Melven
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
QUOTE="Bob Carabbio, post: 72433293, member: 274627"]Easy!!! There IS only ONE Church of Jesus Christ which is the pillar and ground of the TRUTH.
(AMEN!!!)
It, however, has NEVER BEEN a "Visible organization", but is the invisible universal Body of CHrist and ONLY THOSE who have been "Born Again" by FAITH in the perfect SIN offering of Jesus on the Cross (Isaiah 53) are part of it. It's not and never was a "Denominational group", and NO visible church system is "The one true church" since they're all infused with error to one degree or another.[/QUOTE
------------------------------------------------

If it is so "Easy!!!" (which btw it is once revealed in a person's spirit and heart, out in the open, the truth)
why is it so "DIFFICULT!!!"
for multitudes ?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.