Mableton
✟15,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There's this girl who I like at church and she somewhat likes me back as well. We have an upcoming movie date soon. This just information, but if you have any other questions just ask and I'll answer.

So I am very introverted and a bit shy as well. I don't have hardly any friends maybe like 1 or 2 people talk to about stuff Im going through, but that's it and I don't talk to these people in a daily basis either. I spend most of my time by myself as that's how I like it to be and I spend time studying for college, working, volunteering , playing soccee, exercising playing video games, and editing videos as well. Im not really a party person and I can be a bit awkward at times., I'd rather spend 1 on 1 time with her if she did want to do something or maybe in small group settings. We both know alot about each other but there is alot that we also don't know as well. I feel like God has put her in my life for a reason and Ive been praying alot about this. I can imagine a future with this girl and I want to one day open up to her and have her to the same but I'm afraid she'll won't accept me for who I am . I could be wrong about this but is there anyone who is introvert that was in a similar situation that can give me some godly advice?

• Prayers
Reactions: sunshine100

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,349.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There's this girl who I like at church and she somewhat likes me back as well. We have an upcoming movie date soon. This just information, but if you have any other questions just ask and I'll answer.

So I am very introverted and a bit shy as well. I don't have hardly any friends maybe like 1 or 2 people talk to about stuff Im going through, but that's it and I don't talk to these people in a daily basis either. I spend most of my time by myself as that's how I like it to be and I spend time studying for college, working, volunteering , playing soccee, exercising playing video games, and editing videos as well. Im not really a party person and I can be a bit awkward at times., I'd rather spend 1 on 1 time with her if she did want to do something or maybe in small group settings. We both know alot about each other but there is alot that we also don't know as well. I feel like God has put her in my life for a reason and Ive been praying alot about this. I can imagine a future with this girl and I want to one day open up to her and have her to the same but I'm afraid she'll won't accept me for who I am . I could be wrong about this but is there anyone who is introvert that was in a similar situation that can give me some godly advice?

Just be yourself ... be honest ... you might even tell her you are kind of shy ;o)

You'll be fine ;o)

God Bless.

• Agree
Reactions: sunshine100
Upvote 0

sunshine100

Love God Love people
Site Supporter
Nov 1, 2018
Florida
✟121,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just be yourself ... be honest ... you might even tell her you are kind of shy ;o)

You'll be fine ;o)

God Bless.
I agree,I'm very shy as well,but I do like to talk to people in my neighboorhood that I know,and I have even started talking to more and more people.

Upvote 0

maintenance man

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2018
California
Visit site
✟486,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
is there anyone who is introvert that was in a similar situation that can give me some godly advice?

I'm a shy introvert. The problem I had was trying to go to fast. I just wanted to get beyond the tension and get to the quiet comfortable part. What I've learned is it's much better to go slow. Hang back and let the relationship unfold naturally. Take your time. Enjoy the journey.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I suggest asking her one or two questions such as "What do you like to do in your spare time? Have you ever been to another country; what was it like?" Then you can add to the conversation by telling her something about what you like to do and if you've been to another country or would rather stay at home.

Italy Venice.jpg
Italy Rome.jpg

Upvote 0

Llleopard

Jun 5, 2018
Hawkes Bay New Zealand
✟135,729.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I judge whether to open up based on how kind someone is. If you see them being kind to children, animals, family, elderly, anyone vulnerable etc on a regular basis, then it's a pretty safe bet they will be kind to you if you take the plunge and tell them difficult things that are important for them to know about you. Quite possibly it will be okay -also they may have even noticed or heard about some of these things about you, and it won't be much of a surprise for them. If it turns out to be deal breaking info that leads to breaking up, at least it's likely to be done kindly and together, not as an instant nasty rejection. And I find most people are just as scared of getting vulnerable as I am, so we should all be kind to each other.

Upvote 0