CrossGuy

Aug 28, 2016
Wisconsin
✟7,611.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello Everyone, this is my first post on these forums, because I have a lot going on in my mind right now, and want some answers. So yes I am a Christian, and am now getting out of a video game addiction. I am starting to really work on making God my NO.1 priority in life, and this is getting really hard. I am also starting to read the bible more, and realize that this is important that I make god a priority, and why video games are unhealthy and that kinda stuff. I have a best friend of the opposite gender, lets call her Emily. Emily has been a very close friend of mine for about 7 months now, and we were each others first Christian friends. Im not very open about my Christianity, but I really want to be now, because she is struggling as well. Me and her lost all hope before, and I am going to make god a priority, and pray, and read the bible and everything, because these other things wont help. She had a very good relationship with a guy for about a year, and when he cheated, they broke up. She has been struggling with not going back to him, because she misses the presence of a boyfriend, and because of this she has been really struggling, having many things with guys (not sexually), and she tells me she just cant find hope. So I see this as me and her are going through the same sorta things, where we both may realize that God is the only answer. Now ive never been a really personable guy, and this girl is the best friend i've ever had. And I dont want her to just blow this out of the water, and just go back to her bad ways. So what im wondering is do you guys think I should have a serious conversation with her, and like say what ive been going through, and go into what she has been going through, and ask her if she wants to get through these things together? And like help eachother out. I feel like this sounds really cheesy, and It would seem hard for me to be super serious around her, and like be this open about my faith. Any suggestions? Questions? I know this is a lot. And like I have been being open about these things, and she has to over text. So should I maybe ask her to come with me to have a serious conversation somewhere private? How do I be seirous about this etc.

Basically i can see that me and her need to realize the same thing, should I ask her to have a serious conversation about our issues and making god No.1. Any tips on how to make this less awkward if I decide to do so, and just i dont know how to be more comfortable doing this? (Also just to clarify I am a boy)

Wolfe

Pack Leader
Aug 24, 2016
United states
✟59,662.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm going to get straight to the point.
Never be afraid to express your religion, there's not weakness in it, or shame.

Ask her to have a serious conversation, sit down and really talk.
Let her know that you're there for her, and thats shes not alone. Assure her that God is with her, and that He loves her, and is looking out for her.
Open up to her, let her know how important she is to you. Tell her she's your best friend, and that you want to help her through things.
Pray for her, and tell her to pray as well, God will answer.
I don't have much (or any at all really) experience in any kind of social situation, so I may not be the best guy to be giving you advice.
But if I were her, I would want to know that people cared, and are willing to help me.
You can ask God to show you what you can do to help, and she can ask Him to help her, let Him take over.
Exodus 14:14
Let him take care of you.
Philippians 4:19
Read the bible, and pray.
God loves you, and will help you, remember this.

Upvote 0