How do I get my friends to stop avoiding me?

Mar 14, 2012
over here in Texas
✟63,321.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have slot of female friends at church and slot of male. Friends at church also. I used to tickle some of my male friends but I don't do that anymore
Hi Lanae. I noticed you indicate you're in college. I wanted to provide 2 really good resources where college students actually fellowship in tight-knit groups that eventually become social circles. And within those fellowship/social circles, college students learn to actually share the gospel to peers and on college campuses. They don't necessarily focus on inviting people to church as a means of sharing the good news of Christ but instead focus on taking the church to the community of college and elsewhere. And from there, the invitation to any fellowship is follow-up and remains open whether invitees accept or not.

Still in existence, they are InterVarsity Christian Fellowship (the one I joined in the 80's when I was in college) and Campus Crusade For Christ. Back in the day, there was a pretty small group of about 10-15 students belonging to each group. And we used to do several social, outreach, and academic study functions together outside each Bible Study/Fellowship group. I'm sure there are other Christian organizations as options (more these days than back then probably). But let me tell you, they are really GREAT to belong to. Very encouraging and uplifting. Very informal. Very upbeat yet with uncompromising reverence to God - that I found when I was in college, at least. Round-table discussions. Developments of new friends in the faith and with those outside the faith as we served as lights sharing the gospel to those around us. I have good memories and treasured thoughts of my old friends (some of whom I only keep in contact with on social media while there are others whom I miss dearly). I wouldn't trade in those days fellowshipping with fellow college students through those organizations.

If you ever look into them and find a group - if you haven't already, I certainly hope you'd have an amazing experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lanae
Upvote 0