• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟381,299.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Firstly, Homosexuality is a spiritual thing and not physical. There is no gay gene in our bodies. Homosexuality is not an energy from Heaven OR GOD. It is an energy that attaches itself to the body and blends with our senses. It is easy for the spirit of homosexuality to enter into your body but it is hard to get it out. Understand that we have a soul and that soul is nourished or nurtured by the word of God and songs of praise. The reason you are unable to overcome your homosexuality is because your Soul is weak(meaning it is not nurtured enough) which means the spirit of homosexuality has overpowered your soul. Keep praying and reading the bible and praising him and watching videos about salvation.
This is a prayer that you can pray
JESUS, I KNOW THAT YOU ARE THE SON OF GOD
JESUS, I KNOW THAT YOU DIED ON THE CROSS FOR ME
I KNOW THAT YOU CAME TO DESTROY THE WORKS OF THE DEVIL
LORD JESUS I COME TO YOU AND
ASK YOU TO COME INTO MY HEART
AND SET ME FREE FROM HOMOSEXUAL BONDAGE
FORGIVE ME LORD FOR ALL MY SINS
AND I FORGIVE EVERYONE WHO HAS WRONGED ME
I ASK FOR FREEDOM AND TAKE YOU AS MY LORD AND SAVIOUR
AND FILL ME WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT
AT THIS MOMENT I RENOUNCE EVERYTHING
THANK YOU GOD FOR HEARING MY PRAYER
AMEN

This prayer I like...

Can I point out that RENOUNCE in literal Greek is to 'Speak Against'

This is not prayer to God...

This is to declare against the Spirit that drives the temptation.

That is why I suggested going to a Pastor confident in these matters who can stand with you as you make this declaration.

It will likely need to be repeated but the temptation will eventually subside.

This is not a short term fix but if you persevere you will be free.

I came out of sin and drugs this way - it took 7 years with much prayer to be 'normal'...

But you must be totally committed to Jesus, filled with the Spirit of Jesus and dealing with the temptations in His authority.

I have now been free for 40 years and my life is more than I could ask or think.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

.Mikha'el.

7x13=28
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
May 22, 2004
British Columbia
✟1,010,601.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I know im not saved yet, because im still a homosexual. Know the question is, how do i overcome my homosexuality, and become heterosexual, or atleast weaken those homosexual urges until they arent noticable anymore.

Also how do i manage to stay celibate, either until i marry a woman, or die. The issue is i live in a very liberal country, and theres no conversion therapy.
So how do i overcome homosexuality then? Praying doesnt seem to make it go away, what do i do wrong?

I have no recommendations for you. Regardless of the debate about nature v. nurture in regards to orientation, I firmly believe it's not something that can be turned on or off at will.

• Agree
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0
Jul 24, 2021
Ontario
✟17,821.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I personally struggle with same sex attraction. I can tell you that the key isn't becoming heterosexual. God may very well work that in your life and praise Him if that happens! But heterosexuals can also struggle with lust and live in sexual sin. Ultimately, the key is submitting your sexual urges and desires to God and living holy through God's strength in your sexuality whether these homosexual urges go away or not. You can definitely be saved and struggle with this just as you can be saved and struggle with other sins. Take heart! This journey isn't easy, but it is possible in God's strength. Message me if you need to talk. All the best!

Upvote 0

Annner

Dec 28, 2012
✟24,257.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I know im not saved yet, because im still a homosexual. Know the question is, how do i overcome my homosexuality, and become heterosexual, or atleast weaken those homosexual urges until they arent noticable anymore.

Also how do i manage to stay celibate, either until i marry a woman, or die. The issue is i live in a very liberal country, and theres no conversion therapy.
So how do i overcome homosexuality then? Praying doesnt seem to make it go away, what do i do wrong?
Beloved,
Jesus said, “YOU SHALL KNOW THE TRUTH, AND THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE.”

You know the truth of who you were born as, thats obvious.

But what does it mean when you FEEL differently, or have a strong attraction to the same sex? Does your “feeling” change the fact of who you were born as? No. Theres a real struggle going on inside. The feelings attempt to confuse and challenge you as to who you really are.

I dont care how overwhelming feelings are. Ive been overwhelmed and challenged many many times as to the truth in Christ. I know whatever symptoms i am feeling do not move me off the truth. I say to myself, whatever this is, you can flaunt your best song and dance in my face, but I KNOW the truth and i stand on it. The symptoms persist on to challenge, to convince you differently. You remain holding onto the truth no matter how you feel. Truth doest change but feelings change. He said, KNOWING THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE.

Stand on it, know it, dont doubt it, keep it in your heart. Your flesh and feelings will lie in attempt to convince you otherwise. Stand your ground. Allow the truth to fill your heart and remain there no matter how overwhelming the feelings are.

In fact, when feelings and symptoms overwhelm me and keep persisting, no matter what its regarding…..i sit down and confront them. Distressing, tormenting, unwanted feelings I say, “Get OFF me in the name of Jesus. I dont accept you. I believe the truth. I believe God over you.” Then when it persists, i persist back. Your mind will say, hmm that didnt work, the overwhelming feelings are still there. Notice the persistence in attempt to challenge you. Then i say, NO, you dont get to sit there in persistence. God has given me a Spirit of Power his word says and no other power trumps Gods power. I have his power right now and his power overpowers you right now. Its not something he is GOING to give you. His word says in 2 Tim 1.7 he has ALREADY given you all the power you need by his Spirit. So stop asking God to give you something He says He already gave you. Understand and know that you HAVE his power. Once you KNOW you have power, you realize the truth….that no other power has power over you. Its YOU who has power over it.

No matter how hard, no matter how persistent the feelings, KNOW its YOU who has power over it. You shall receive power after the Holy Ghost is come upon you.

Sin LIES to convince us it has power, but understand its just a lie. How do you combat a lie? With the truth.

When the lie of who we are overwhelms, it attempts to get you to accept this is just who you are. The big trap……is when you agree with it and it goes down into your heart. You see what it did? It persisted to convince you to agree to it as it continues overpowering you.

Very slick, but thats how hurtful lies about who we are operate. Its painful and confusing as your heart retains it. That pain signals something is very wrong in what you believe.

Then the lie takes its next BIG step forward, telling you that you arent saved because of the feelings that continue. You see? A lie comes to move you off believing you ARE saved, to steal faith in your salvation. You are saved by grace thru faith in Christ, not because you are perfect, none of us are. So you see your feelings dont determine your salvation, your unwavering faith in what Christ did for you is salvation.

I heard a women say she struggled with sin that completely overwhelmed her with feelings, so she became convinced it was just who she really was. She said when she made a mental agreement in her heart to accept that was just who she was,,,,that was her trapping downfall. The lie set up shop in her heart she said.

So no matter how hard lust tries to persist against you, know the truth and stand on it. Tell it to knock itself out because NOTHING it can do will convince you off of Gods word. I speak to it and say, NOTHING you can do, no amount of overwhelming symptoms will change my mind. I believe Gods Word and NOT your feelings and symptoms. I believe GOD, not you….SCRAM.

Its a complete showdown and i dont stop until it leaves. If it tries to worm its way back, i come at it again and declare its ME who has power over it by the Holy Spirit. And his mere presence destroys the hurtful persistent lies and feelings. I blast it declaring I have power over it.

The word says, if any man sins, we have an advocate with the Father…Jesus Christ the righteous ONE. He is faithful and just to forgive our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. Dont for one moment ever ever ever doubt your salvation, because thats what lies are after….your salvation. Blast the lie and dont back down, cast it out, dont retain it or believe it for a moment.

Upvote 0