How do creationists answer these questions: Are you an Ape? A Mammal? A Vertebrate?

Doveaman

Re-Created, Not Evolved.
Mar 4, 2009
✟77,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Richard Dawkins' "I am an ape" video on Youtube delivers a strong message. Dr. Dawkins tells a clergyman, "I am an ape. Are you an ape?" The pastor says, "No. I am absolutely NOT an ape."
Even if I was an ape, I would still have been created from dust rather than evolved.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Even if I was an ape, I would still have been created from dust rather than evolved.
Dawkins can think he's an ape if he wants to, but we know better.

In fact, Solomon says ...

Ecclesiastes 7:29a Lo, this only have I found, that God hath made man upright;

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

But you are an ape. We knew that long before Darwin came around. The first person to realize that we were apes was a creationist.

A very very rare one. He was honest.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
But you are an ape.
Not hardly ... I don't care what my wife says.
We knew that long before Darwin came around.
Ain't he the guy that wrote, The Preservation of Favoured Races?
The first person to realize that we were apes was a creationist.
There are two types of creationists: right and wrong.
A very very rare one.
I'm sure.
He was honest.
Cute.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Not hardly ... I don't care what my wife says.

Your wife has nothing to say about it. You do not have one biological feature that separates you from other apes. Which is lucky for you. If you weren't an ape you would not have the ability to father any children with your wife.

Ain't he the guy that wrote, The Preservation of Favoured Races?

No. Linnaeus had nothing to do with that. And you are not being honest by using an old version of Darwin's title. Race did not mean then what it means today. You are attempting to break the Ninth Commandment. Naughty, naughty.

There are two types of creationists: right and wrong.

No, they are wrong and less wrong. Linnaeus was less wrong.

I'm sure.

Cute.

What? Don't like it when your face is rubbed in the dishonesty of all creationists?

Upvote 0

Doveaman

Re-Created, Not Evolved.
Mar 4, 2009
✟77,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You do not have one biological feature that separates you from other apes.
Humans have two hands.

Apes have four.

This photo below is one of the right hands of an ape, the right rear hand.

ape-foot.jpg

Upvote 0

Herman Hedning

Hiking is fun
Mar 2, 2004
N 57° 44', E 12° 00'
Visit site
✟734,603.00
Faith
Humanist

So, what are you saying with this quote? That Dawkins is dishonest? That he is not upright?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So, what are you saying with this quote? That Dawkins is dishonest? That he is not upright?

Dawkins, by his own admission, is lost.

That means that the best he can do is rely on scientiae tantum as his highest morals.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Doveaman

Re-Created, Not Evolved.
Mar 4, 2009
✟77,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Nope, apes have two hands and two feet.
I see four hands.

If it looks like a hand and functions like a hand, it is a hand.
A prehensile toe does not change a foot into a hand.
But five prehensile fingers makes it a hand.

ape-foot.jpg

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
But you are an ape. We knew that long before Darwin came around. The first person to realize that we were apes was a creationist.

A very very rare one. He was honest.

Dear Subduction Zone, He was not a Bible believing Creationist. Scripture shows that Humans were made Billions of years before Apes. Genesis 2:4-7 This means that it is impossible for Humans, who were First Born, to have evolved from the common ancestor of Apes. It's the Biggest Lie in Human history, and completely false scripturally, scientifically and historically.

Humans are NOT Apes but we are destined to have dominion over them for ever. Genesis 1:28 Evols should quit telling their Lies to our children.

In Love,
Aman

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Humans do not have prehensile feet.

nm51ae68f2.jpg

You mean a prehensile toe. There are humans that have prehensile feet. They make do when either birth defects or accidents take away their hands.

I guess I should have said "significant". The difference between two animals of a toe may be enough to judge them as different species, but it is not large enough to put them in separate families.

The creationist Christian Linnaeus realized that we were apes long before Darwin came along.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You mean a prehensile toe. There are humans that have prehensile feet. They make do when either birth defects or accidents take away their hands.

If drop something and I'm not wearing shoes, it's a lot easier on my back for me to pick it up with my toes (plural/or feet) than to bend over or squat down and pick it up.

I guess Doveaman has never seen people who live in tropical environments climb palm and coconut trees. They use their feet just as our fellow apes do.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
I see four hands.

If it looks like a hand and functions like a hand, it is a hand.
But five prehensile fingers makes it a hand.

Arguing about definitions of hand and foot is a little silly. Perhaps the important thing to note is the great similarities between the underlying structures of that-thing-on-the-end-of-the-forelimb among many different living vertebrates.

fig2-32.jpg

Whether you want to call a bat's wing a 'hand' or not is not as important as seeing that these structures have the same bones in the same pattern as our own hands.

Humans are not bats because we do not have webbed forelimbs. But we are primates, because we have the characteristics that define that group. As Linnaeus wrote, "It is not pleasing to me that I must place humans among the primates, but man is intimately familiar with himself. Let's not quibble over words. It will be the same to me whatever name is applied. But I desperately seek from you and from the whole world a general difference between men and simians from the principles of Natural History. I certainly know of none."

So whether you want to call a primate by any other name, man will remain a primate "whatever name is applied."

Upvote 0