USA
✟151,182.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm curious about how others joined CF and I'd love to hear your stories! :)

For me, I was tired of spending all my time on a secular site and felt I could use a little more Christian inspiration. I began to wonder if there was a Christian forum site, so I looked up "Christianity Forum". I looked at several sites from the results, including CF, and thought CF was the best one for me, and here I am. :)

WilliamBo

Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
East coast USA
✟164,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
i did an internet search. I found that this site had a spot for journals and some very kind and compassionate people hung out on the forums where ev'ry body brought their various struggles....

and THEN there were the "fun" threads.

I went nuts hahaa and just started posting like crazy.....they actually ministered to me.

:D

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm curious about how others joined CF and I'd love to hear your stories! :)

For me, I was tired of spending all my time on a secular site and felt I could use a little more Christian inspiration. I began to wonder if there was a Christian forum site, so I looked up "Christianity Forum". I looked at several sites from the results, including CF, and thought CF was the best one for me, and here I am. :)
I was debating creationism on a secular board at the height of the culture war in 2003, they prohibited any discussion of religion. I was looking for another forum when I found a thread of people who were banned from CF, so I took a look. The conversation flowed like a chat line and I learned a lot. I've always appreciated how CF allows for heated debates while holding the members to clear standards of civil behavior.

Simply the best debate forum I've ever seen, learned a lot here.

Grace and peace,
Mark

Upvote 0

Lazarus Short

Apr 6, 2016
Independence, Missouri, USA
✟294,142.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I wanted to broaden my Christian experience, so I joined three www groups, the "REFO" forum on C-list, some KJVO forum (out of curiosity), and CF. REFO knocks me around, and I knock right back; the KJVO forum quickly showed me the door, and CF lets me hang out here.

Upvote 0

CoolDude68

Site Supporter
May 29, 2013
Budapest
✟127,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I turned down this gravel road with a sign pointing -----> this way... then, came to a fork in the road and just picked one... when I got to the end of the road ..... Oh, wait... different story...

I found CF from Google!

:)

Upvote 0

CoolDude68

Site Supporter
May 29, 2013
Budapest
✟127,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
and THEN there were the "fun" threads.

Wait...what?? There are??? Please tell! lol Everyone seems so serious around here and it gets to the point where I'm afraid to post something in fear of being chastised. Fun threads seem like somewhere I should hang out more often! :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WilliamBo

Site Supporter
Nov 2, 2016
East coast USA
✟164,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've went on Worthy Christian forums when things here got too heated, enjoyed the chat line.

Yea it's got a much more active chat room than CF. I also saw some CF members at Worthy also. It's a great site but for some reason I like CF better

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Wait...what?? There are??? Please tell! lol Everyone seems so serious around here and it gets to the point where I'm afraid to post something in fear of being chastised. Fun threads seem like somewhere I should hang out more often! :)

LOL! Well of COURSE there are! It's one of the main reasons i've been here so long
4chsmu1.gif

Here's a link or two:

Recreation Room
Friendship Court

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Thank you!! lol

You are MOST welcome. Ev'ry body should take a gander there. It's a great stress-reliever, and we can be as silly as we like hee hee

Last edited:
Reactions: Multifavs
Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
My very first forum was a place called Unexplained Mysteries. It was very secure and I wasn't a Christian then. But as I started to explore God and the bible, they were less than helpful, so I did a Yahoo search and found CF.

I actually became very intimidated by CF at first because the place was HUGE. A lot bigger than today if I believe so. But I later came back after I was in the faith awhile.

Upvote 0

Quid est Veritas?

In Memoriam to CS Lewis
Feb 27, 2016
South Africa
✟316,433.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I was looking up an obscure point on Mithraism, and my multiple search attempts around the topic, threw up a thread on the supposed Mithraic influence in Christianity from CF. I read the thread and found so much appalling nonsense, I felt compelled to join to post a corrective post. This resulted in debate around the topic, hanging around Christian History forum for a while, before branching out into the rest of the Forums and getting hooked.

Upvote 0

Dirk1540

Site Supporter
Sep 19, 2015
Jersey
✟778,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I was looking up an obscure point on Mithraism...I read the thread and found so much appalling nonsense, I felt compelled to join to post a corrective post...
Hahaha, I was totally expecting you to say "I found so many brilliant insights..." Lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0