Eugene, OR
✟33,297.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
In Relationship
I was a member of CARM, but didn't really enjoy it there much. I was looking for other "Christian Forums", and this one came out at the top of the Google search. I popped in to the Protestant/Reformed/Evangelical sub forum (before it got divided along denominational boundaries), and joined right in. Lots of changes since then.

Upvote 0

Oblio

Creed or Chaos
Jun 24, 2003
Georgia - USA
Visit site
✟27,610.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was over at TMBTSNBN, and refuging at our forward base of operations (OC.net) along with Philip and Maximus when one of the hardline evangelicals here came over in our refuge thread and told us that not al evangelicals were as bad as where we were visiting. She invited us over to visit, wasn't much EO activity at all.

Upvote 0

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟136,858.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I came from SCN (Student Center Network) which is for high school and college students.

They only had a Religion section. For a while I was the only Orthodox voice there and being surrounded by die-hard Protestants and Atheists is not that good for one's stress level.

I needed a place to talk with other Orthodox. So I go onto OrthodoxWiki and search for internet forums. They had CF and under that a spot for some place called "The Ancient Way".

And the rest, is history.:)

Reactions: Tsarina
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,182,130.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I was over at TMBTSNBN, and refuging at our forward base of operations (OC.net) along with Philip and Maximus when one of the hardline evangelicals here came over in our refuge thread and told us that not al evangelicals were as bad as where we were visiting. She invited us over to visit, wasn't much EO activity at all.
I can't really remember now. I was on OC.net and TMBTSNBN till I got banned from the latter. IIRC I might have come to CF after hearing about it from you guys.

BTW, I used to go back to some of those old threads on TMBTSNBN for references, I thought it was pretty good that they were still there and available to anyone who happened to be searching, but it now seems they have cleaned house or restrict how far back searches can go. Not surprising really ;)

Upvote 0

Oblio

Creed or Chaos
Jun 24, 2003
Georgia - USA
Visit site
✟27,610.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
IIRC the person from CF who asked us to stop by from OC.net was a mod here, sadly I cannot recall her name though I think she used or referenced it over on OC.net. Over here 'TAW' (there was no name at the time) had about 3 or 4 'active' posters, meaning 1 or 2 posts per day.

Reactions: Philothei
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Status
Not open for further replies.