LDS How did the Mormon Jesus get his Exaltation?

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
That God was a man before becoming God is very much against the bible. It clearly states He is from everlasting. He did not work himself into becoming God.
Job 9:32 For he is not a man, as I am, that I should answer him, and we should come together in judgment.
Job 9:32 For he is not a man, as I am, that I should answer him, and we should come together in judgment.
Psa 41:13 Blessed be the LORD God of Israel from everlasting, and to everlasting. Amen, and Amen.
Psa_90:2 Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.
Psa_93:2 Thy throne is established of old: thou art from everlasting.
Psa_100:5 For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.
Psa_103:17 But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children;
Isa 43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.
You're shifting subjects (talking about God's substance and us becoming like Him, to speculations about the Father's possible past).

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Mmksparbud, I have no interest in changing your beliefs. You are welcome to believe whatever you want, including extra-biblical stuff. But if we want to talk about whether or not LDS belief contradict the Bible, we need to establish what is in the Bible and what is not. Are you willing to do that?

You are the one that changed the subject---

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
*sigh* I'm still talking about us, God, our future, and what is in the Bible.
So am I---God and Jesus were both from everlasting and will be everlasting. We were never from everlasting---that is a JS believe. Our future is to reflect the character of God forever.

Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
So am I---God and Jesus were both from everlasting and will be everlasting. We were never from everlasting---that is a JS believe. Our future is to reflect the character of God forever.
This is a different argument than what you were citing before (being "made of different stuff").

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
This is a different argument than what you were citing before (being "made of different stuff").

No, It isn't!!! You are just not paying attention!!! Reflecting His character is what I've been saying--nothing about reflecting what He is made of---that is your position.

Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
No, It isn't!!! You are just not paying attention!!! Reflecting His character is what I've been saying--nothing about reflecting what He is made of---that is your position.
We agree on becoming like Him in regards to character.

The disagreement is found in you saying "we'll never be made up of the same stuff". I'm pointing out that none of the "stuff" is discussed in the Bible.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
We agree on becoming like Him in regards to character.

The disagreement is found in you saying "we'll never be made up of the same stuff". I'm pointing out that none of the "stuff" is discussed in the Bible.

And I keep saying the same thing. It is you who say we are the same, it is us Christians who say we are not the same for we are created by God out of dust and did not come into existence until God breathed life into the mud. It is you who say we existed before we were born and that is not in the bible---it is a JS lie that he then went on to take a couple verses out of context to try to prove it and can't. It is you who say we will become the same as God just as God became God from a man----baloney and offensive to both man and God.

Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
And I keep saying the same thing.
Which is refusing to acknowledge that Bible does not say anything about God versus humans being made up of two different types of "stuff".

Until you're willing to acknowledge that is actually in the Bible versus not, I'm sorry... but this is an extremely fruitless conversation.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Which is refusing to acknowledge that Bible does not say anything about God versus humans being made up of two different types of "stuff".

Until you're willing to acknowledge that is actually in the Bible versus not, I'm sorry... but this is an extremely fruitless conversation.

It is fruitless for you have yet to prove where anywhere in the bible it states we are made up of the same "stuff".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
It is fruitless for you have yet to prove where anywhere in the bible it states we are made up of the same "stuff".
LDS beliefs are not confined to just what's in the Bible. That has been said many times: we believe in an unchanging God who never abandons His people and still speaks to them.

But that's a totally different statement than saying "LDS belief contradict the Bible".

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
LDS beliefs are not confined to just what's in the Bible. That has been said many times:

But that's a totally different statement than saying "LDS belief contradict the Bible".

"we believe in an unchanging God who never abandons His people and still speaks to them."

That applies to every denomination.
And we know full well that your believes are not confined to the bible. And they do contradict the bible. The bible doesn't state that God is black on one side (or insert your favorite color) and white (or insert another favorite color)on the other ---therefore if someone decides that God has told him that He is---then it's perfectly acceptable to believe it---because it doesn't contradict the bible--for the bible never mentions His color.

Upvote 0

Jane_Doe

Jun 12, 2015
✟100,321.00
Faith
Mormon
I don't not know anything about the Creeds---Said that before. And I stick with what I said.
If you believe the idea that God and man are made of two different "stuff", then you were taking that idea from the Creeds, regardless of whether or not you knew it at the time. That is where those ideas originate. They are not said in the Bible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
If you believe the idea that God and man are made of two different "stuff", then you were taking that idea from the Creeds, regardless of whether or not you knew it at the time. That is where those ideas originate. They are not said in the Bible.

My ideas originate in the bible---and it is apparent that we are made of dust and that God is not a created being. He made us, and everything else. And the bible never once states we are made of the same "stuff." You get your ideas from JS---at least the creeds, I assume, get theirs from the bible. Given a choice, I'll take theirs over yours any day.

Upvote 0

fatboys

Senior Veteran
Nov 18, 2003
✟53,575.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That God was a man before becoming God is very much against the bible. It clearly states He is from everlasting. He did not work himself into becoming God.
Psa 41:13 Blessed be the LORD God of Israel from everlasting, and to everlasting. Amen, and Amen.
Psa_90:2 Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.
Psa_93:2 Thy throne is established of old: thou art from everlasting.
Psa_100:5 For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.
Psa_103:17 But the mercy of the LORD is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children;
Isa 43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.
Just answer her question

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Ye--but not physically like Him---only in character can we be like Him. We will never be divine. That is a JS lie. And you are swallowing it, hook, line and sinker. We will have glorified bodies, but we will never be divine. That belongs only to God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

What is your interpretation of 'partaking of the divine nature' that God has promised us if we overcome the corruption of this world?
2 Peter 1:3-4
3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

As far as I know there is only 1 divine nature and that is God's divine nature.

So how do you interpret this scriputre???

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Ye--but not physically like Him---only in character can we be like Him. We will never be divine. That is a JS lie. And you are swallowing it, hook, line and sinker. We will have glorified bodies, but we will never be divine. That belongs only to God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
Yes, physically like Him, the scriptures do testify of this doctrine.

In the very first chapter of Genesis it says that God (and others, using the words 'let us') made man 'in His image, and in His likeness'. Now I know you deny this, but LDS believe we were made of the same stuff as God. This 1 statement to us, confirms that we are right.

Jesus is our perfect example of being made of the same stuff as God. Jesus is made of the same stuff as God is, isn't he??

Jesus changed form from spirit to flesh. He became 100% man, (yes he was divine too) but his flesh was exactly the same as our flesh. We know that because he had to eat, he hand to sleep, he felt pain, he bled, and he died. That is exactly our experience in the flesh, exactly.

The when Jesus died, he changed form again and went back to just spirit for 3 days, and then changed form again and was resurrected into a body of flesh again, which he showed his apostles and others. And in this flesh body, he ascended to heaven and to his God and to his Father (John 20:17)

Is Jesus made of the same stuff as God. Because there is no reason from the bible to believe that our bodies will not be exactly like Jesus's resurrected body and Jesus's resurrected body is made of the same stuff as God. Right?

Upvote 0