Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
None of the four Gospel books (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John) describe the miracle itself. The apostles apparently did not care about those details. Did the Father do it alone? Jesus Himself? The Holy Spirit? Was it teamwork? Is it a sin to care how it happened? Even though it does not affect my faith that Jesus rose from the dead, I want to know something the Bible is not telling us.

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟121,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
Rom 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Did the Father do it alone? Jesus Himself? The Holy Spirit? Was it teamwork? Is it a sin to care how it happened?
We know that after his resurrection Jesus could appear and disappear suddenly and go through closed doors. So, it is quite conceivable that He simply walked out of the tomb. Later, an angel came down and removed the rock at the door in order to make the resurrection known and to let the women in.

The pseudepigraphical Gospel of Peter is more detailed in its account of the events after the Crucifixion than any of the canonical gospels, it states:

"9. And in the night in which the Lord's day was drawing on, as the soldiers kept guard two by two in a watch, there was a great voice in the heaven; and they saw the heavens opened, and two men descend with a great light and approach the tomb. And the stone that was put at the door rolled of itself and made way in part; and the tomb was opened, and both the young men entered in. 10. When therefore those soldiers saw it, they awakened the centurion and the elders, for they too were close by keeping guard.

"And as they declared what things they had seen, again they saw three men come forth from the tomb, and two of them supporting one, and a cross following them. And the heads of the two reached to heaven, but the head of him who was led by them overpassed the heavens. And they heard a voice from the heavens, saying, You have preached to them that sleep. And a response was heard from the cross, Yes."

Of course, this is not to be believed. I quoted it for fun.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Friedrich Rubinstein

Aug 20, 2020
Europe
Visit site
✟173,491.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It was good old teamwork ;)

Galatians 1:1 "God the Father, who raised him from the dead"
Romans 1:4 "through the Spirit of holiness [...] by his resurrection from the dead"
John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again."

Upvote 0

Sheila Davis

Nov 18, 2020
Houston
✟65,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
We know that after his resurrection Jesus could appear and disappear suddenly and go through closed doors. So, it is quite conceivable that He simply walked out of the tomb. Later, an angel came down and removed the rock at the door in order to make the resurrection known and to let the women in.

Yes
Luke 4:29-30 indicates he used his ability to not be seen or disappear before. - scripture states he walked away in the midst of them.
John 8:59 when Sadducees and Pharisees wanted to stone him, scripture states he hid himself from them, and they were in the temple and they couldn't find him.

Reactions: Andrewn
Upvote 0

topher694

Go Turtle!
Jan 29, 2019
St. Cloud, MN
✟186,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
None of the four Gospel books (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John) describe the miracle itself. The apostles apparently did not care about those details. Did the Father do it alone? Jesus Himself? The Holy Spirit? Was it teamwork? Is it a sin to care how it happened? Even though it does not affect my faith that Jesus rose from the dead, I want to know something the Bible is not telling us.
When the Bible doesn't tell us something it's usually for a reason.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟788,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
There are many things we would like to know more about, and God doesn't seem to mind that we are curious about them. I personally think he reserves some things for us to wonder about over the years of our lives; instead of ever drawing conclusions, we find ourselves coming to know him better, which casts light on the questions we have.

Some of these things are not completely knowable until we know him as he is. Just as I might wish to know exactly the mechanics of what he did when he died in my place, I have learned a lot about the horror of what sin is, to God's creation, and about the purity of God. But those too, I will never know completely until I know him as I am known.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There are many things we would like to know more about, and God doesn't seem to mind that we are curious about them. I personally think he reserves some things for us to wonder about over the years of our lives; instead of ever drawing conclusions, we find ourselves coming to know him better, which casts light on the questions we have.

Some of these things are not completely knowable until we know him as he is. Just as I might wish to know exactly the mechanics of what he did when he died in my place, I have learned a lot about the horror of what sin is, to God's creation, and about the purity of God. But those too, I will never know completely until I know him as I am known.
started to respond to the wrong post, sorry

• Friendly
Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0

Sheila Davis

Nov 18, 2020
Houston
✟65,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced

There are ongoing debate about the age of the Shroud of Turan _ whether it is from LA the 13th and 14th century or whether it is from the time Jesus walked the Earth. They do suggest a possible way the resurrection happened.
How Did the Shroud of Turin Get Its Image? (Hint: Think Radiation.)

How did the Turin Shroud get its image?

There are many things that written scripture is not telling us; and sometime God reveals to us what we ask.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
May 1, 2022
Midland
✟9,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I wonder the SAME thing how he rose from the dead.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟788,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
CS Lewis refers to it as the "Deep Magic" in his Narnia books. What catches my notice is there is a lot that may have something to do with exactly what happened, and I like to imagine that when we finally see him as he is, we will (figuratively) smack our foreheads, thinking, "Aagh! I should have seen it! He told us just as plain as day!" I think the best of us can only speculate, and some who seem to have decided finally just what happened there, I trust little what they decide.

Sometimes I get glimpses of how the details of the totality, add to the definition/understanding of all the other details.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"The Bible indicates that all three Persons of the Trinity were involved in Jesus’ resurrection. Galatians 1:1 says that the Father raised Jesus from the dead. First Peter 3:18 says that the Spirit raised Jesus from the dead (see also Romans 1:4, and note that Romans 8:11 clearly says that God will resurrect believers “through His Spirit”). And in John 2:19 Jesus predicts that He will raise Himself from the dead (see also John 10:18). So, when we answer the question of who resurrected Jesus, we can say God did. And by that we can mean it was the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit."
Who resurrected Jesus? | GotQuestions.org

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
A human body converted into photons would produce enough energy to scorch cloth in a manner similar to what is on the Shroud of Turin.

If that sounds far fetched, just consider at one time all matter in the early universe existed as photons of energy.

Fr. Francis Tizo, a Jesuit priest and scholar of Tibetan language and religion at the Vatican, has also investigated stories of holy men in Tibet, whose bodies are observed to dissolve into light and shrink, sometimes leaving only hair or nails. The phenomenon is called "the attainment of the rainbow body".

So maybe, Jesus body simply dematerialized.

Last edited:
Upvote 0