Spaceman 3

Sep 2, 2013
..::Rising uP::..
✟323.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Then Christianity continued to spread throughout Europe. When you identify the twelve Christian cultures then these distances between their capital cities becomes relevent. Then these distances measured on a common school atlas become miracles!

Wow! Very interesting indeed.

Apart from the reference to Micah, I'm not sure I understand the significance of the other numbers though. Can somebody please explain...?

Upvote 0

Archie the Preacher

Apostle to the Intellectual Skeptics
Apr 11, 2003
Hastings, Nebraska - the Heartland!
Visit site
✟38,822.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
The train of thought in the original post is a little - ah - ill founded. F'rinstance, Paul probably did NOT write 'Hebrews'. Currently, the general thought is Hebrews was written by Apollos - who is recorded as meeting Aquila and Priscilla in Acts 18. (Apollos was later a 'trainee' of Paul, which is why the writing sounds like Paul.)

Also, if I'm recalling correctly the epistles of Paul are not in chronological order, either forward or backwards.

Still, Paul gets the credit for being the first missionary into Europe. No argument there. The book of Acts does record the itinerary of Paul's trips. The book of Acts covers a period of nearly twenty years or so. (Which I didn't know for the longest time.)

As long as I'm being a know-it-all, the second map mentions Noah's Ark landing on Mount Ararat. In fact, the text in Genesis records the landing site as "... one of the mountains of Ararat..." Despite the popular thought, there is no reason to think Noah landed on what is now known as Mt. Ararat.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It didn't have to travel very far. It had arrived in Europe when Paul arrived in Macedonia.
'
That's true. :)

Several other thoughts:

I don't know any historians or Bible scholars who think Paul reached Spain.

There is evidence of Christianity being brought to Britain at about the same time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,617.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
The ancient Romans did something that revolutionized the speed of information in the ancient world: Roads.

rd_map_color.gif

With a network of roads news and information could spread faster and farther than it ever had before. Christianity took full advantage of this, and so the fledgling faith spread far and wide with astonishing speed.

Because roads.

Not only roads, but the Roman Empire was, by and large, a rather safe place. You could travel miles within the empire and feel relatively safe.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,182,598.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Because roads.

Not only roads, but the Roman Empire was, by and large, a rather safe place. You could travel miles within the empire and feel relatively safe.
cue quotes from "Life of Brian" - What did the Romans ever do for us?

Upvote 0