Russia adds 'LGBT movement' to list of extremist and terrorist organisations.

2PhiloVoid

Of course, it's all ...about the Son!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,135,046.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Somehow, I have a difficult time placing Putin's regime in line with the political strategies of Tsar Alexander 1 of Russia (i.e. the Bible-reading Tsar who routed Napoleon).

......... it's a known fact that Russian leadership has had a history of wanting to contrast themselves with everyone else in the West. So, I'm not surprised.

What I wish I could assume this means is that Russia has finally given up on Marxist and Leninst influences in its underlying political ideology. But I'm not holding my breath on that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mindlight

See in the dark
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2003
London, UK
✟824,604.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

They may understand how insidious this movement is and how well organized. My church in the UK is currently voting on whether to bless same-sex relationships and the pressure is coming both from above, from a compromised hierarchy, and also from more liberal members of the congregation. Free-will choices need to be respected however strange people's lifestyles, anyone can also receive a blessing, but a blessing affirming a sin is a different matter and in fact, it is blasphemous. Many of the former congregants of my home church are now moving to more conservative churches elsewhere.

Of course, being right on one thing does not justify the other stuff.
  1. A concentration of unearned power and wealth in the hands of corrupt oligarchs.
  2. An invasion of a sovereign neighbor on a fabricated premise and a stubborn refusal to stop sending Russians to die in a war they cannot win.
  3. The persecution of conservative Christian groups who refuse to come under the umbrella of Russian Orthodoxy.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟315,079.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
“Fig leaf tyrants”.

I’m guessing that’s a nickname for Russians? Never heard that before.
I think it more the fig leaf (that) tyrants can drape themselves with to hide their shameful activities. That is to say that tyrants will often glom onto something that they know a sub section of society dislikes e.g. non whites, gays, immigrants, atheists etc and use that to get that sub section to 'hold their nose' and support the tyrants.

So we see Mr Putin becomes rabidly anti gay because he knows many people will overlook his abhorrent actions if they can persecute (in this example) the gaywise.

And we see Mr Trump shilling Bibles because many Christians will likewise 'hold their nose' and vote for him. We also see him claiming to be devout but unable to name a Bible verse her favours.

So we see the fig leaf of the tyrant is what they hide behind and use as a shield for their shame.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

guyver

Dec 9, 2021
victoria
✟92,421.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Me finks me knows what's goin on here....:scratch:

AP18197573619571.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

7thKeeper

Scion of the Devonian Sea
Jul 8, 2006
Finland
✟108,813.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Good for them. Also known as the "Alphabet mafia", the LGBT movement is, in its most militant forms, indeed a terrorist organization. The primary victims are kids.
Aah, the good old "the gays are pedophiles" insinuation.

Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0