South
✟26,634.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have always believed in God for as long as I could remember, but I don't ever remember having a life changing experience with him:a rapture dream, speaking in tongues, etc. Although I have heard him speak to me a few times and I have felt his presence once. I have repented of sin and have been baptized but I'm not sure if I have the holy spirit. How can I know if I'm truly born again? I am also struggling with being religious instead of spiritual (reading the Bible and praying because I have to, etc). How can I stop being religious and start being spiritual?

I think you know you are born again when you begin to develop fruits of the spirit in your life. Some seem to develop them more quickly than others. You will also be convicted of sins you commit in your daily walk(feel really bad about things(sins) you previously would have no care about). You begin to hate the things GOD hates and love the things GOD loves.

We no longer look to be served. We look to serve and give our lives for others. No longer fight for privilege, influence and status. We esteem others better than ourselves and put their interests above our own.

Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him

Peace be with all those in the body of Christ

Upvote 0

Bro.T--2

Aug 22, 2020
Chicago
✟15,610.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
I have always believed in God for as long as I could remember, but I don't ever remember having a life changing experience with him:a rapture dream, speaking in tongues, etc. Although I have heard him speak to me a few times and I have felt his presence once. I have repented of sin and have been baptized but I'm not sure if I have the holy spirit. How can I know if I'm truly born again? I am also struggling with being religious instead of spiritual (reading the Bible and praying because I have to, etc). How can I stop being religious and start being spiritual?

According the Bible born again is a change in the body and not the mind. All threw Christian dome brothers and sisters we hear the term born again. You will hear people in the churches, on the street, at work, even in jail, making the statement, "since I have been born again. For those who have any knowledge in the word (Holy Scriptures) will understand that this just isn’t the case. Now, Let’s jump right in a conversation that Jesus was having with a man name Nicodemus, concerning born again.

Let's pick this up in John 3:1 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews: 2 The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him, Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him. 3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Notice verse 3, except a man is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. We have just learned something here. If you are not born again you can not see the kingdom of God. As we go further you will understand this. Remember there is a time for everything.

Nicodemus asked a very good question. Take a look at the next set of verses.

John 3:4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? 5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

In verse 5, born of the water in this case is the Word of God. Notice the Lord mentions the kingdom of God again, but He adds a little more information. He says "Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. When he mentions spirit He means exactly that. Watch how the Lord gives something physical to describe exactly what He means.

John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Notice He made a difference between flesh and spirit. John 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. 8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

Notice He compared the wind to a spirit. Can you see the wind? No! We have seen things being blown around by the wind, but we have never seen the wind. If you are born of the spirit you are like the wind. This is when you are truly born again, when you are born of the spirit.

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟176,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
If you love God's decrees and believe in your heart that Jesus/Yeshua, the Son of God, Emmanuel meaning God with us, paid for your sins at the cost of His life on the cross at Calvary as a perfect sacrifice out of love for you, and you believe God raised Him from the dead, you are saved. As long as this Truth rings true to you, you have security of salvation.

Upvote 0

Bro.T--2

Aug 22, 2020
Chicago
✟15,610.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
If you love God's decrees and believe in your heart that Jesus/Yeshua, the Son of God, Emmanuel meaning God with us, paid for your sins at the cost of His life on the cross at Calvary as a perfect sacrifice out of love for you, and you believe God raised Him from the dead, you are saved. As long as this Truth rings true to you, you have security of salvation.

That's not exactly how that works according to the Bible. Paul said in (Rom. 3:23-25) (v.23) For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. (v.24) Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: (v.25) Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God. So the bible tells you to repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus. And by doing so you come up under his precious blood and then you are saved from your sins that are past, not present or future sins but for sins that are past.

We were all locked under death by Adam’s sin, even the second death. But when Jesus became (he was God in the beginning) man and died for the sins of the world, he gave us access back to the tree of life (himself) which Adam had caused us to lose. That’s what grace is, our free gift our access back to the tree of life but that’s another lesson for another time. So by coming under the blood of Jesus you are saved from your past sins. That's only being baptised in the name of Jesus. Anyone that is not baptized is a person with their sins yet upon them, because it is the baptism that washes away our past sins. "And now why tarriest thou? Arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord." (Acts 22:16)

Upvote 0

Jesse Dornfeld

Slave to Christ
Site Supporter
Oct 11, 2020
Twin Cities
Visit site
✟176,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
That's not exactly how that works according to the Bible. Paul said in (Rom. 3:23-25) (v.23) For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. (v.24) Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: (v.25) Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God. So the bible tells you to repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus. And by doing so you come up under his precious blood and then you are saved from your sins that are past, not present or future sins but for sins that are past.

We were all locked under death by Adam’s sin, even the second death. But when Jesus became (he was God in the beginning) man and died for the sins of the world, he gave us access back to the tree of life (himself) which Adam had caused us to lose. That’s what grace is, our free gift our access back to the tree of life but that’s another lesson for another time. So by coming under the blood of Jesus you are saved from your past sins. That's only being baptised in the name of Jesus. Anyone that is not baptized is a person with their sins yet upon them, because it is the baptism that washes away our past sins. "And now why tarriest thou? Arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord." (Acts 22:16)

Where does it say in the Bible that we are saved by being baptised?

Romans 3:23-25 is essentially exactly what I was saying.

I feel like your focus on past sins is a bit misunderstood. How can something in the past be only for my past sins? Shouldn't it be understood that Christ's atoning death was a work of God once and for all (Hebrews 10)?

Upvote 0

Bro.T--2

Aug 22, 2020
Chicago
✟15,610.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Where does it say in the Bible that we are saved by being baptised?

Romans 3:23-25 is essentially exactly what I was saying.

I feel like your focus on past sins is a bit misunderstood. How can something in the past be only for my past sins? Shouldn't it be understood that Christ's atoning death was a work of God once and for all (Hebrews 10)?

"And he said unto them, go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned." (Mark 16:15-16). Listen people!

Baptism is a commandment or requirement for salvation. Pay attention to this...
But the Pharisees and lawyers rejected the counsel of God against themselves, being not baptized of him." (Luke 7:29-30).

I hope this not what you trying to do. People, if you are in a position to be baptized, why reject the counsel of God? Rejecting God's counsel will get you eternal life in the burning flames (lake of fire) with the scribes and Pharisees. "For I say unto you, that except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, Ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 5: 20). I didn't write this.

Upvote 0

God is good

Oct 4, 2016
Michigan
✟201,885.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"And he said unto them, go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned." (Mark 16:15-16). Listen people!

Baptism is a commandment or requirement for salvation. Pay attention to this...
But the Pharisees and lawyers rejected the counsel of God against themselves, being not baptized of him." (Luke 7:29-30).

I hope this not what you trying to do. People, if you are in a position to be baptized, why reject the counsel of God? Rejecting God's counsel will get you eternal life in the burning flames (lake of fire) with the scribes and Pharisees. "For I say unto you, that except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, Ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 5: 20). I didn't write this.
You don't have to be baptized in actual water to be saved. Being baptized is an outward sign that you identify with the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Think about it, if you get baptized at church on a Sunday but the next day you go back to living the way you want to without God, are you saved? We are saved by grace through faith, it's all about Jesus our Lord. Yes, getting baptized is great, Jesus was baptized so I do believe it's good to get baptized. We need to trust God and Jesus as our Lord and Saviour.

Upvote 0

Bro.T--2

Aug 22, 2020
Chicago
✟15,610.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
You don't have to be baptized in actual water to be saved. Being baptized is an outward sign that you identify with the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Think about it, if you get baptized at church on a Sunday but the next day you go back to living the way you want to without God, are you saved? We are saved by grace through faith, it's all about Jesus our Lord. Yes, getting baptized is great, Jesus was baptized so I do believe it's good to get baptized. We need to trust God and Jesus as our Lord and Saviour.

Pay close attention...."Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ. Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, men and brethren, what shall we do? Then Peter said unto them, "repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." (Acts 1:36-38).

So the baptism carries a lot of power. Repent is giving up a lifestyle where sin has dominion, (ruler ship) over you. Sin according to 1 John 3:4, Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression (breaking) of the law. You must be taught "The Word", before you can adhere to God's commandments (judgments\statues). These laws are found in the Holy Bible; beginning with Genesis and ending with Revelation. Then when you are baptise you get the gift of the Holy Ghost.

So let's take a look at a situation after the death of Jesus, how the apostle Paul dealt with the baptism.

"And it came to pass, that, while Apollo was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples, he said unto them, Have ye received the Holy ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, "We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.” And he said unto them, "unto what then were ye baptized?" And they said unto John's baptism. Then Paul said, “John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him who should come after him, that is, Jesus Christ.When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. When Paul had laid hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied. And all the men were about twelve." (Acts 19:1-7).

Upvote 0

God is good

Oct 4, 2016
Michigan
✟201,885.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Pay close attention...."Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ. Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, men and brethren, what shall we do? Then Peter said unto them, "repent and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost." (Acts 1:36-38).

So the baptism carries a lot of power. Repent is giving up a lifestyle where sin has dominion, (ruler ship) over you. Sin according to 1 John 3:4, Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression (breaking) of the law. You must be taught "The Word", before you can adhere to God's commandments (judgments\statues). These laws are found in the Holy Bible; beginning with Genesis and ending with Revelation. Then when you are baptise you get the gift of the Holy Ghost.

So let's take a look at a situation after the death of Jesus, how the apostle Paul dealt with the baptism.

"And it came to pass, that, while Apollo was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples, he said unto them, Have ye received the Holy ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, "We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.” And he said unto them, "unto what then were ye baptized?" And they said unto John's baptism. Then Paul said, “John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him who should come after him, that is, Jesus Christ.When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. When Paul had laid hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied. And all the men were about twelve." (Acts 19:1-7).
[/QUOTe. Being Baptized is great but that doesn't mean you're saved. Even at my Baptist Church and a non denominational Church I used to go to say that getting baptized doesn't save you. It's Jesus who saves you and when you get baptized you are identifying with the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus. Epheshians 2 8:9 says "for it's by grace you have been saved through faith, not works so that no one can boast". Also look at John 3:16.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bro.T--2

Aug 22, 2020
Chicago
✟15,610.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged

If we truly love God, then we will obey "Every word" that proceeds out of his mouth (Matthew 4:4). Baptism is one of those words. In order to be baptized, certain events must take place: You must give up a lifestyle where sin has dominion, (ruler ship) over you. Sin according to 1 John 3:4, Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression (breaking) of the law. You must be taught "The Word", before you can adhere to God's commandments (judgments\statues). These laws are found in the Holy Bible; beginning with Genesis and ending with Revelation. You must believe what the bible says and finally, you must confess that Jesus is Lord. Once this has been accomplished, you are qualified to be baptized in the name of Jesus.

Upvote 0

God is good

Oct 4, 2016
Michigan
✟201,885.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If we truly love God, then we will obey "Every word" that proceeds out of his mouth (Matthew 4:4). Baptism is one of those words. In order to be baptized, certain events must take place: You must give up a lifestyle where sin has dominion, (ruler ship) over you. Sin according to 1 John 3:4, Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression (breaking) of the law. You must be taught "The Word", before you can adhere to God's commandments (judgments\statues). These laws are found in the Holy Bible; beginning with Genesis and ending with Revelation. You must believe what the bible says and finally, you must confess that Jesus is Lord. Once this has been accomplished, you are qualified to be baptized in the name of Jesus.
Romans 10:9 says"if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved". I have been baptized twice and it's very important to do. Please don't tell people that they have to be baptized in order to go to Heaven. You will make it a saved by works and people will be stressed out.

Upvote 0

Bro.T--2

Aug 22, 2020
Chicago
✟15,610.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Romans 10:9 says"if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved". I have been baptized twice and it's very important to do. Please don't tell people that they have to be baptized in order to go to Heaven. You will make it a saved by works and people will be stressed out.

That's great if you been baptize in the name of Jesus as its written and I agree with Paul saying that if we confess with our mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. That's all part of things we must do, cause Paul also says in Galatians 3: 26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus. 27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus. You see, its the baptism that cause you to put on Christ, not just confessing. All of the word of God must work together hand in hand. So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. (Romans 10:17)

Therefore by hearing the word of God our faith will be established; and if we believe, we will do what the Lord requires us to do.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟795,460.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There's a doctrine of baptisms,..." (Heb 6:2). There are 3 baptisms:

1 - By The Holy Spirit into Jesus is the baptism for salvation. Baptized into the body of Christ by believing in His death, burial, and resurrection.
(Rev 1:5; Matt 26:28; Mark 1:4, 16:16; Luk 3:3; 1 Cor 12:13: Acts 2:38: Gal 3:27, +++) "In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise," Eph 1:13

Water and Spirit baptism follows - not required for salvation- not in a set order - follows salvation:
2 - By another believer (water baptism) (Matt 28:19, Matt 3:16 Philip with the eunuch "...when they were come up out of the water..." Acts 8:39.

3 - By Jesus with or into The Holy Spirit (The Spirit baptism) Believers already have the Holy Spirit but this baptism endures us with power for service. (Matt 3:11; Mark 1:8, Luke 3:16; John 1:33, Acts 1:5, 8:14-17, 10:44-48, 11:16; I Cor 12:13, Luk 24:49, Eph 5:18, Acts 4:31; I John 3:24; Eze 36:25-28; John 14:25-27).

"And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one." I John 5:7-8

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,528.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I have always believed in God for as long as I could remember, but I don't ever remember having a life changing experience with him:a rapture dream, speaking in tongues, etc.

Do you know what God in His word says will be the experience of every one of His children? What does the Bible say will be the experience of Him that His children can expect to have? I wrote the following lesson for a discipleship class I teach at my church. I think it may be helpful in answering your questions:

What is the role of the Holy Spirit in the life of the Christian?

- He imparts spiritual life by dwelling within every believer. (John 7:39; Acts 2:3-4; Romans 8:8-11; 1 Corinthians 6:19-20; 1 John 4:12; Titus 3:5, 6)

- He convicts of sin and glorifies God in our minds and hearts. (John 16:8, 14)

- He illuminates our minds to God's truth. (Luke 12:12; John 14:26; 16:13)

- He comforts and helps. (John 14:16)

- He enables the believer's obedience. (Acts 4:7, 8; Romans 8:13; 15:13, 19; Philippians 2:13)

- He produces in the believer the character of Christ. (Galatians 5:22-23)

- He is the “down payment” or “guarantee” of a believer's future spiritual and eternal inheritance. (Ephesians 1:13-14)

When Christian's talk of "experiencing God," whether they know it or not, they are talking of their experience of the Holy Spirit who acts in the life of every believer as the Scripture verses above says he will. The Bible also describes some other things that mark the truly born-again person. S/he will love the brethren (1 John 3:14); the born-again believer will inevitably come under God's shaping discipline (Hebrews 12:5-11); the true child of God will desire God's word (Jeremiah 15:16; 2 Timothy 3:16-17).

You'll notice, though, that there is no mention of tongues, or visions, or prophetic dreams, or miraculous healings in what is listed. These things have risen to inordinate prominence in some corners of Christendom, but are not held up in Scripture as the primary experiences we should look for in walking with God. It is certainly much more difficult to fake a holy, Christ-centered life in which the wisdom and character of God is clearly seen than it is to speak gobbledy-gook, or to make up a prophecy about someone, or to claim a supernatural dream or vision that is impossible to verify and then say, "This is God! This is the Holy Spirit!". Steer clear of this stuff. It is, at bottom, an attempt to make one's spiritual life, one's walk with God, a sensual, physical thing, something that appeals strongly and primarily to one's fleshly senses and emotions. Scripture warns very strongly about this sort of sensuality, this signs-oriented, I-want-to-feel-God approach:

Matthew 16:4
4 "An evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign; and a sign will not be given it, except the sign of Jonah." And He left them, and went away.

James 3:15-18
15 This wisdom descends not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.

Jude 1:19
19 These are they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.

Galatians 5:17
17 For the flesh sets its desire against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; for these are in opposition to one another, so that you may not do the things that you please.

Romans 8:5-8
5 For those who are according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who are according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
6 For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace,
7 because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so,
8 and those who are in the flesh cannot please God.

Anything in your walk with God that orients you upon your physical senses, that promotes an experience of God that is highly sensual, will necessarily diminish your spiritual experience of God and lead you quickly into demonic deception. So, beware!

Galatians 6:7-8
7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.
8 For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

John Helpher

John 3:16
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2020
Houston
✟85,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
How can I know if I'm truly born again?

Really think about the teachings of Jesus. What did he say? His teachings are pretty uncommon today. Sure, there's plenty of people saying you need to ask him into your heart, accept him as lord, be saved by the blood, etc, but what did Jesus tell us to do with life?

For example, did you know Jesus said we should pray, fast, and give to charity secretly? Does that sound strange? If so, that's because you've been taught to believe that it's good to make a show of our own goodness; that's how you get ahead in life. That's how you get a job. That's how you cultivate respectability.

Jesus said we should not do it that way, but the idea is so ingrained in our psyche that to overcome it would be like being born again into a new set of values; completely starting over again. That's what it takes; you have to throw out everything you've been taught to believe is right and learn all over again what it means to be right from God's perspective.

Did you know Jesus said we should not make promises for any reason? Did you know he said we should be wary of people who wear fancy clothing? Did you know he said wee should not use special titles like Sir, Mr, and father for one another?

He said we cannot work for God and money at the same time without cheating on one or the other and that our new, full time job is to seek God's kingdom, first. He even addressed our fears about what we will eat and drink, and said that such fears are a demonstration of little faith. He said the creator knows what we need, and if we'll just step out in faith, if we'll just trust him for our daily bread, instead of believing the lie that we must serve the system for our bread, then the creator will take care of us.

This is all very difficult to believe for we who have been taught, since birth, that money makes the world go round. For most of us, the idea of forsaking work for money and instead working for love sounds crazy. That's why it takes radical change, like becoming a totally new person, born again, learning all over again what's really important.

Jesus described this process several different ways. He said it would be like falling on a stone and being broken. He said we must become like little children. In the Revelation he says, "I counsel you to by of me gold tried in the fire"; this refers to the process of purifying gold through heat. Paul referred to it as becoming a new creature and being, "transformed by the renewing of your mind".

The only way to be born again is to start practicing the teachings of Jesus. If you're not doing that, then you're not born again.

Upvote 0

Eilat

Dec 17, 2020
Netanya
✟4,286.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have always believed in God

The devil believes in God, but he can't receive Christ as His Savior.
Salvation is not about believing in God......its actually a restoring of your now born again Spirit..into God's Spirit.... by giving you a new birth (born again)... into it.

Salvation is to be : Born again INTO God's Spirit. To exist eternally as "in Christ" "One with God and Christ".
So, do you see that?
God has resurrected the Spirit in a person , which has become a "new Creation" "In Christ".

Do you have that?
You get that by Grace Through Faith, whereby God accepts your FAITH in JESUS, to be your savior, to then pardon and redeem through the blood of Jesus ALL your sin, and give you the NEW BIRTH.

You do not get this by water, or by being good or by keeping commandments or by a cup and a cookie.
You receive this from God, as "the gift of righteousness".

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,528.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
He said we cannot work for God and money at the same time without cheating on one or the other and that our new, full time job is to seek God's kingdom, first. He even addressed our fears about what we will eat and drink, and said that such fears are a demonstration of little faith. He said the creator knows what we need, and if we'll just step out in faith, if we'll just trust him for our daily bread, instead of believing the lie that we must serve the system for our bread, then the creator will take care of us.

1 Thessalonians 4:11-12
11 and to make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands, just as we commanded you,
12 so that you will behave properly toward outsiders and not be in any need.

Ephesians 4:28
28 Let the thief no longer steal, but rather let him labor, doing honest work with his own hands, so that he may have something to share with anyone in need.

2 Thessalonians 3:6-11
6 Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you keep away from every brother who leads an unruly life and not according to the tradition which you received from us.
7 For you yourselves know how you ought to follow our example, because we did not act in an undisciplined manner among you,
8 nor did we eat anyone's bread without paying for it, but with labor and hardship we kept working night and day so that we would not be a burden to any of you;
9 not because we do not have the right to this, but in order to offer ourselves as a model for you, so that you would follow our example.
10 For even when we were with you, we used to give you this order: if anyone is not willing to work, then he is not to eat, either.
11 For we hear that some among you are leading an undisciplined life, doing no work at all...

Proverbs 22:29
29 Do you see a man skilled in his work? He will stand before kings; He will not stand before obscure men.

Proverbs 24:30-34
30 I passed by the field of the sluggard And by the vineyard of the man lacking sense,
31 And behold, it was completely overgrown with thistles; Its surface was covered with nettles, And its stone wall was broken down.
32 When I saw, I reflected upon it; I looked, and received instruction.
33 "A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to rest,"
34 Then your poverty will come as a robber And your want like an armed man.

Jesus described this process several different ways. He said it would be like falling on a stone and being broken. He said we must become like little children.

In neither of these instances is Christ speaking of what it is to be born-again. In fact, in the instance where Jesus is speaking of the one who falls upon the Stone, that is, upon himself, he is speaking to, and of, the Pharisees, promising them injury (spiritually) as they came against him. Jesus is not speaking of salvation at all.

In the case of "being like little children," Jesus was speaking about being child-like in one's faith, not childish. The former is wholehearted, the latter foolish, ignorant and naive.

The only way to be born again is to start practicing the teachings of Jesus. If you're not doing that, then you're not born again.

The only way to be born-again is the way laid out in Scripture:

John 3:15-17
15 so that whoever believes will in Him have eternal life.
16 "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.
17 "For God did not send the Son into the world to judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him.

John 14:6
6 Jesus *said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

Romans 10:9-13
9 that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;
10 for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation
11 For the Scripture says, "WHOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED."
12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, abounding in riches for all who call on Him;
13 for "WHOEVER WILL CALL ON THE NAME OF THE LORD WILL BE SAVED."

Upvote 0

John Helpher

John 3:16
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2020
Houston
✟85,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
The only way to be born-again is the way laid out in Scripture:

I said the only way to be born again is to practice the teachings of Jesus. It sounds like you're trying to refute my argument by suggesting we follow scripture, but the teachings of Jesus are scripture.

Would you mind clarifying what you mean?

Upvote 0