Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
How on earth can I deal with this kind of anxiety? My specific anxiety topic is that I am young and I want to live the rest of my life. If Jesus returned, I would like to at least be able to taste whatever things in this world I haven't experienced yet but many other people including good Christians got to experience. Why isn't that understandable? And the other thing is why did the last generation before mine get to live more of their life but I won't? That is completely unfair and I feel me and possibly others in my same boat have been cheated. I don't want to necessarily hear that it's because Jesus doesn't want us to become distracted here. People are not always "distracted" from the stuff in this world from Jesus. But I do want some wisdom or advice with how to stop thinking about it, at least.

The type of stuff has been a theme of anxiety for me for more than 10 years

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,395.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
@VCR-2000, even if Jesus delays His return long enough, nobody is guaranteed a tomorrow. If you would surrender to Jesus, He will improve your remaining days [per Romans 8:28] AND you get to go to Heaven when you are done. What is not to like...?

Reactions: ajcarey
Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,770.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
@VCR-2000, even if Jesus delays His return long enough, nobody is guaranteed a tomorrow. If you would surrender to Jesus, He will improve your remaining days [per Romans 8:28] AND you get to go to Heaven when you are done. What is not to like...?

I wish I can tell you more about it but be patient with me because I'm sometimes shy with saying and answering things. I'm grateful for even at least one reply here. I created this post out of anxiety and some kind of "dark"/lonely feeling because one of the reasons being that life gets more and more evil or crazy every day and we have to witness it. It sometimes makes me nauseous.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
How on earth can I deal with this kind of anxiety? My specific anxiety topic is that I am young and I want to live the rest of my life. If Jesus returned, I would like to at least be able to taste whatever things in this world I haven't experienced yet but many other people including good Christians got to experience. Why isn't that understandable? And the other thing is why did the last generation before mine get to live more of their life but I won't? That is completely unfair and I feel me and possibly others in my same boat have been cheated. I don't want to necessarily hear that it's because Jesus doesn't want us to become distracted here. People are not always "distracted" from the stuff in this world from Jesus. But I do want some wisdom or advice with how to stop thinking about it, at least.

Anxiety disorders respond really well to cognitive behavioural therapy.

Get your doctor to refer you for some CBT.

Reactions: PloverWing
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Pray to Jesus and ask Him to help you overcome your anxiety (whenever it happens) ... may take a little time ... but He will do it.

The material things in this world are temporary and meaningless ... what the Lord has planned will far ... far ... far exceed what we experience on earth.

We are to focus our minds on heavenly things ... not earthly things.

Matthew 6:19-21

“Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

1 John 2:15-18

Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride in possessions—is not from the Father but is from the world. And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever.

Colossians 3:2
Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.

May the Lord bring you peace to your heart and knowledge of Him to your mind through the study of His word. In the name of Jesus, Amen

Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My specific anxiety topic is that I am young and I want to live the rest of my life.
What matters is how we live, not only what or how much or how long we have things. But we need quality of any quantity :)

"be content with such things as you have" (in Hebrews 13:5)

"I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Chrst who strengthens me." (in Philippians 4:11-13)

If Jesus returned, I would like to at least be able to taste whatever things in this world I haven't experienced yet but many other people including good Christians got to experience.
In case they are really Christian people, they have learned how to submit to how God personally rules them in His own peace < this is a Bible basic of Christianity > Colossians 3:15. And I will assure you that if someone is constantly seeking to submit to God's personal guiding in His peace, the person is not very concerned about what or how much he or she has. But first we are about pleasing God.

Yes, we enjoy what we have, and it is written that God "gives us richly all things to enjoy," in 1 Timothy 6:17. But what we appreciate most of all is sharing with God while we share with one another as His family. And so, we are just using things we have, in order to share with people. With a lot or a little . . . either way . . . we can use this for relating with other people.

Having less can mean having more time to be in prayer with God and more time to share as family. And a well-to-do person can use one's resources for arranging time for loving and sharing with various people, and having time for prayer in sharing and caring with God.

You can have real love and peace and joy, then, in any situation. Our best blessing and the greatest adventure is learning how to love > this is the best education and the most interesting and worthwhile and satisfying challenge :idea:

And the other thing is why did the last generation before mine get to live more of their life but I won't?
If it was good for them, that is because they first learned how to walk with Jesus so they could enjoy His "rest for your souls." (see Matthew 11:28-30) Or else, they possibly suffered a lot of stress about ways they could at any time lose all they had.

You need to be able to deal with it, then > a lot or a little. If you can't handle a little, you are not ready to enjoy and be creative with a lot. Love is creative with nothing or everything!

I keep finding that when God blesses me, Satan is allowed to test the blessing with the exact opposite. Then, when I trust God, He proves how He is committed to keeping what is His good for me and others, no matter what Satan does. But we need to be with God so we can keep doing well in spite of how Satan brings his hell stuff. We need to not be under the power, then, of the good that God shares with us.

One thing that helped me is I was glad and thanking God for how He was blessing others to have a lot in life and have families and ministerial callings to preach and pastor and teach. And as I got more real in this blessing of others, it was as good as if I was being blessed like that, myself, because I was caring about others just as much as myself.

And then I got my lady friend, and blessings which money can not buy . . . and Satan being allowed to test and threaten me with the exact opposite . . . with major cruelly hateful emotional attacks and imaginations and feelings; but God's grace is almighty against any and all Satanic stuff so I can grow in loving and enjoying my Jesus family people and things I still can do at age 72.

Our Apostle Paul says he took "pleasure" in his troubles > 2 Corinthians 12:7-15 > this was after he learned to trust Jesus and stay in God's grace. Then was when, in any situation or threat, Paul could take "pleasure" in Jesus and loving as family with God's people, plus loving and caring with hope for any and all people who do not have Christ. God's grace favors us loving and caring about any and all others, not only our own selves . . . during problems, caring in prayer with hope for even ones threatening and attacking us > love "hopes all things" (in 1 Corinthians 13:7).

So, trust in Jesus and grow in Jesus and discover how you see things, then.

Being able to please God and submit to how He rules us in His peace, and being able to love as Jesus Christ's family, and being able to love any and all other people > all this is more than all else > having a lot or having nothing and any troubles are nothing in comparison.

I don't want to necessarily hear that it's because Jesus doesn't want us to become distracted here.
You can become distracted. And if anxiety is a major issue for you, already you are distracted with what you would like to have > you still need to become ready so you can handle having a lot. And if we do have a lot, we need to be ready in case it is God's plan for it to go away. So, it is good to be good at having nothing.

Also, it can be very helpful to be good at doing nothing, in case we ever need to do that :) >

There are people who do too much. They might make money for forty hours a week and then use up all their time spending it, instead of learning how to share with God and love as His family.

People are not always "distracted" from the stuff in this world from Jesus.
true

But I do want some wisdom or advice with how to stop thinking about it, at least.
If it has you under its power . . . in your case power to make you anxious . . . you still need to find out how to deal with it. Because, among other things . . . as I say . . . if you can't handle it without anxiety, you aren't ready to handle it. And even if you get blessed with a lot, at any time things can change. And/or . . . Satan will somehow be allowed to test and/or threaten howsoever we are blessed with Jesus.

So, now you have us praying for you. God bless you :) howsoever :pray::prayer::wave::amen:

Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,770.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Pray to Jesus and ask Him to help you overcome your anxiety (whenever it happens) ... may take a little time ... but He will do it.

The material things in this world are temporary and meaningless ... what the Lord has planned will far ... far ... far exceed what we experience on earth.
Bluntly, it's cruel that the "material" things in the world are temporary and meaningless, some of it was still created by God himself in the beginning and he called it "good" and now he changed his mind and wants to go over differently next time. I call things as they are. I cannot accept something that seems cruel in the same way that I can't accept abortion because it's immoral.

I have created other threads in the past lamenting parts of modern society. I don't like the "end times", it's not fair that things only decay and get worse and it's done and there is no revival. A big part of me wishes I got to live in a different decade or era. Sometimes I oh so wish re-incarnation of bodies and universes were real.

Why is that not understandable? Why is it so hard for you to imagine how I feel about things?

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Bluntly, it's cruel that the "material" things in the world are temporary and meaningless, some of it was still created by God himself in the beginning and he called it "good" and now he changed his mind and wants to go over differently next time. I call things as they are. I cannot accept something that seems cruel in the same way that I can't accept abortion because it's immoral.

I have created other threads in the past lamenting parts of modern society. I don't like the "end times", it's not fair that things only decay and get worse and it's done and there is no revival. A big part of me wishes I got to live in a different decade or era. Sometimes I oh so wish re-incarnation of bodies and universes were real.

Why is that not understandable? Why is it so hard for you to imagine how I feel about things?

God didn't change His mind. Everything was good ... perfect ... until sin entered the world ... the fall of mankind. An enemy (sin) entered the world and corrupted everything that was originally good and perfect.

Matthew 13

The Parable of the Weeds

24Jesus put before them another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field. 25But while everyone was asleep, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and slipped away. 26When the wheat sprouted and bore grain, then the weeds also appeared.

27The owner’s servants came to him and said, ‘Sir, didn’t you sow good seed in your field? Where then did the weeds come from?’

28‘An enemy did this,’ he replied.

So the servants asked him, ‘Do you want us to go and pull them up?’

29‘No,’ he said, ‘if you pull the weeds now, you might uproot the wheat with them. 30Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat into my barn."

Numbers 23:19
GOD'S WORD® Translation
God is not like people. He tells no lies. He is not like humans. He doesn't change his mind. When he says something, he does it. When he makes a promise, he keeps it.

Right now we are in a spiritual war with the enemy, and this war continues until the return of our Lord and He takes home the "survivors" ... at the very end He WILL create a new and perfect world and sin along with it's corruption will never be again. Only good and perfection will exist ... and that will be for eternity.

Revelation 21

4He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and there will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the former things have passed away.”

5And the One seated on the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” Then He said, “Write this down, for these words are faithful and true.” 6And He told me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End.

I see you describe yourself as a deist.

belief in the existence of a supreme being, specifically of a creator who does not intervene in the universe.

Because you believe God is not working (intervening) in the world (which is not what the bible teaches) this is why you have the mindset/attitude you have.

I would encourage you to study His Word in these matters.

Reactions: ajcarey
Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,770.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
God didn't change His mind. Everything was good ... perfect ... until sin entered the world ... the fall of mankind. An enemy (sin) entered the world and corrupted everything that was originally good and perfect.

Matthew 13

The Parable of the Weeds

24Jesus put before them another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field. 25But while everyone was asleep, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and slipped away. 26When the wheat sprouted and bore grain, then the weeds also appeared.

27The owner’s servants came to him and said, ‘Sir, didn’t you sow good seed in your field? Where then did the weeds come from?’

28‘An enemy did this,’ he replied.

So the servants asked him, ‘Do you want us to go and pull them up?’

29‘No,’ he said, ‘if you pull the weeds now, you might uproot the wheat with them. 30Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat into my barn."

Numbers 23:19
GOD'S WORD® Translation
God is not like people. He tells no lies. He is not like humans. He doesn't change his mind. When he says something, he does it. When he makes a promise, he keeps it.
I see where he is getting at with this, but God created us as his people and that he actively allows the devil to test us to separate people and even entire regions or countries with him makes him sound like he is a cosmic killjoy sometimes. I'm not saying that God is that in general, but the way his universe operates comes off that way a lot of times.

I see you describe yourself as a deist.

belief in the existence of a supreme being, specifically of a creator who does not intervene in the universe.

Because you believe God is not working (intervening) in the world (which is not what the bible teaches) this is why you have the mindset/attitude you have.
Hard story really. I'm not really Deist but I'm can't call myself any specific label. But I technologically cannot change on the page I don't see the "religion" option.

I will say that I think churches are clique-y and leads to a tool of control in general. I understand some points of needing religion-derived norms in guiding society, but not everything is absolutely this or none. If it were absolute, that would mean we have no freedom of expression, etc.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,019.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I see where he is getting at with this, but God created us as his people and that he actively allows the devil to test us to separate people and even entire regions or countries with him makes him sound like he is a cosmic killjoy sometimes. I'm not saying that God is that in general, but the way his universe operates comes off that way a lot of times.

Hard story really. I'm not really Deist but I'm can't call myself any specific label. But I technologically cannot change on the page I don't see the "religion" option.

I will say that I think churches are clique-y and leads to a tool of control in general. I understand some points of needing religion-derived norms in guiding society, but not everything is absolutely this or none. If it were absolute, that would mean we have no freedom of expression, etc.

well ... God created mankind with the ability to pro-create and also created them with free choice.

so .... He will allow everyone to make their choices, until (because of sin) mankind will become so corrupt there is no more reason for mankind to "go on" on earth, so then he will end it. Also keep in mind .... those who end up with Him is for eternity .... forever.
He hates what sin is doing in the world .... He is long-suffering.

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you (all of us), not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.

He knows the future ... more people yet to come to receive eternal life .... He knows ... we do not know.

God Bless.

Upvote 0

VCR-2000

Dec 27, 2018
PA/New York
✟107,770.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I wish society will just change more to a similar state it was like in the older days. I want things to swing back again. That would be what I consider also redemption of us. Why do you think that is too much for God to understand?

Upvote 0

ajcarey

Jun 3, 2019
Midwest
✟46,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Something that you are leaving out of the equation is that we were created for God, not to be happy as an end for ourselves. God made you and He expects you to worship Him and live in accordance with His Word and righteous principles in the time and circumstances you are in. There is no other purpose in life ultimately than to glorify God and prove His perfect will (i.e. demonstrate the excellence and the beauty of living His way and trusting in Him by faith). The more someone knows him the more appropriate and fitting that seems. What good and pleasure is worth having if you can't have it in following Him in the circumstances that doing so has led you to? Anyone who can't at least accept that the answer to that is "none" is undoubtedly still figuratively eating of the tree of good and evil, basically seeking to be as a god thinking they know what is best for themselves and attempting to find pleasure and attainment apart from worshipping God and being subject to the authority of His Word. That is a dark, hellish attitude and it leads to spiritual death, despair, and condemnation on Judgment Day and hell in eternity- and it leads to these things no matter what time and place you should live in. Deal with this attitude in repentance and plead with God to have mercy on you and grant that you might live unto Him for the Lord Jesus' sake. Do that and live in such a way going forward- and the frustration you are expressing will be resolved and you'll find that one day with Him worshipping Him in spirit and truth is better than a thousand elsewhere. Also don't assume one way or the other about Jesus coming back in your lifetime nor conclude that people didn't live short and/or miserable lives in other generations. After the fall the world was never a bed of roses and you may very well have known more peace and pleasure than the vast majority who've ever lived have known- but even if you haven't, and even if you never do, you have no just grounds to complain against God. Man was made for God, man has corrupted the world, we are indebted to God not vice-versa, and God will be faithful to appropriately recompense every soul who has ever lived in eternity after the dead have been resurrected. Know too that God has the power to make the little blessings He gives to a poor righteous person with a short life to do him more good and cause him more happiness than a wicked man receives who lives a long prosperous life. He is that powerful and that wise.

Revelation 4:11 "Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created."

Romans 11:33-36: "O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out! For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor? Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again? For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen."

Ecclesiastes 7:9-10: " Be not hasty in thy spirit to be angry: for anger resteth in the bosom of fools. Say not thou, What is the cause that the former days were better than these? for thou dost not enquire wisely concerning this."

Ecclesiastes 12:13-14: "Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil."

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How on earth can I deal with this kind of anxiety? My specific anxiety topic is that I am young and I want to live the rest of my life. If Jesus returned, I would like to at least be able to taste whatever things in this world I haven't experienced yet but many other people including good Christians got to experience.

why did the last generation before mine get to live more of their life but I won't? That is completely unfair

Where does it say that anyone is entitled to a long prosperous and pleasent life?

We all get the length of life that God has given us.
Many people particularly those who fought in war died very young.

Rather than worry about the quality of your life worry about your relationship with Jesus.

You describe yourself as deist, that mean one who believes there is a God, but who does not trust Jesus foe their salvation.

May I suggest you re read John ch 3 :16-18 and read again verse 18.
You complain about God not being fair. It is more acase of you know the situation but will not do anything to remedy it.

• Agree
Reactions: Sabertooth
Upvote 0

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

How to deal with your anxiety is your question. I however see another issue.
I think your anxiety has been mis labeled. in that you do indeed feel anxious but the source of why you feel anxious or cheated is that you covet the lives of those who have gone before you. who get to do the things for whatever reason (including health wealth or general circumstance.) See the things you feel as unfair for what they are (coveting your neighbors ...) and repent of that sin and ask God to help you find content mentwith what you have.

This will be a tough ride because more often than not to find contentment you must loose what you do have a spend a time with nothing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums