US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well, I had a mental melt down today as I was leaving work. I had to pull over as I was going hysterical. This is not getting better and working in Corporate America is not getting better. I'm not getting used to it and it's making me lose my mind. No amount of coaching or positive attitude is going to help this. I'm scared of having a mental breakdown at work. I don't want to take antidepressants or antianxiety or drink like other Americans. I know I'm depressed but pills aren't going to take me out of a bad situation. Still I can't exactly leave this job and I can't kill myself so what can I do?

As I've mentioned before I can't just "look at it differently" and be okay. I'm not sure how much longer o can keep taking people's just tough it out and do it for God advice before I crack completely. I do this for my mom and my family, but I hate my life and it's not getting better unless I make some changes.

I might even get fired or introuble for calling off today I don't know. I'm allowed 5 call outs per year, this is my third one. Technically I shouldn't get fired but I wouldn't put it past this corporation. They fired all the recruiters that hired us right after they hired us. Besides I live in a right to work state with basically no unions.

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
No amount of coaching or positive attitude is going to help this.

I don't want to take antidepressants or antianxiety or drink like other Americans. I know I'm depressed but pills aren't going to take me out of a bad situation. Still I can't exactly leave this job and I can't kill myself so what can I do?

See someone who knows about these things, with experience testing everything** concerning them, who has has SUCCESS** diagnosing AND treating** , over the longer term as well as the short term.

This won't remedy things IF for instance anyone is seeking worldly goods or earthly treasures , for which there is no remedy then,
but
it will help a lot in so far as what can physically** be done, as much as the 'environment'** of the body is involved.

**(includes and is not limited to toxins, medicines, vitamins, nutrition, air quality, food and water quality, etc )...

Upvote 0

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
so what can I do?
Just keep complaining on CF in the meantime. Don't expect us to reply as often as time goes on though.
I tend to blog my venting. I don't expect anyone to reply. It certainly helped me.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What do you do for a living?

I haven't really kept up that well with other threads, is the problem clinical and if so what do you think it is? Or what is the diagnosed disorder?

You say you just can't quit your Job...would that fix the problem?

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Girl I know how you feel, i work an office job but thank god its 5 hours a day.,,,it makes me want to stay in school... And I'm by myself in the office , its weird just being in front of a cpu for 5 hours...

I'm not a worker ant..I need to move about.

So I get it.

I was defintely close to having an anxiety something.

Upvote 0

ExodusMe

Rough around the edges
Jan 30, 2017
Washington State
✟34,734.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My first office job out of college was terrible. It was in like 2010/2011 when the economy was terrible. I got paid jack and was pretty much a data entry clerk. It was so bad. The only reason I stayed was because I needed the experience. Eventually I got a job at another company, then another, then another. You gotta start somewhere or just get married and tell your husband to work.

Upvote 0

Far Side Of the Moon

" The moon is high& the stars are aligned" :)
Mar 11, 2016
Georgia
✟30,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Oh I know exactly what you can do!!

1) see a therapist , talking helps get all your emotions out

2) take up some kind of class, like dance,tap something...

Having that extra activity can take you away and free your mind from your problems..and I feel having a breather can help you better tackle your issues.

But yeah try to incorporate fun things to do. To take your mind off...

I feel that break will help you to focus better on moving forward and take each day as it comes.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
OK, checked the other thread, seems to me you are bettering your situation, and that you are more on top of that than many. I was going to suggest you do something similar to what you do, but do it online, but you are already working at that, so, yeah, hate to say it but isn't "hang in there" about all you can do?

In the other thread you said you have nothing to look forward to, and that BTW, is huge in cases like this, but it seems to me you do have something to look forward to. I think part of the problem is, you know you can do better, but it's not happening fast enough. Someone that might have settled with what they have may not have your problems or not as extensively. Maybe that's a tiny part of the price for success?

I suppose you can better yourself by doing what you already know you have to...make the other business work as soon as physically and mentally possible. The problem is, as you say, even at the pace you are going, it's getting to you. Catch 22.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
You ask the question:
"How can I better my situation?"
Do you really mean that? Do you really want to better your situation?
But I see no change in you, yet.
Get God and be transformed !
That's my advice. Until you do, you will be stuck in the same rut that I was.

• Agree
Reactions: dhh712
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
"Change goals"

"Change expectations"

Whatever the goals and expectations are, for today, for right now, change them.

Ask the Creator of the universe, and the Savior Jesus, what to seek, what to expect.
And change goals and expectations to what He says.

He always tells the truth. (men rarely do)

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure how much longer o can keep taking people's just tough it out and do it for God advice before I crack completely.

Angeleyes, I promise not to simply give you trite or pat answers to your problems. But I'm at a loss as to your exact situation. Rather than repeating yourself all over again (since it appears you are picking up an on running conversation you've been engaging in for some time), mind posting links to the other threads where you discussed what's been going on with you?

I say this for my sake and anyone else's who might be unfamiliar with your situation as well.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm actually writing a book right now on how to become successful in the "Millennial Age". I started my own business from scratch. I was living in a ghetto in Flint, MI and knew I had to make a change. It's not completely perfect yet, as I have a lot of feast and famine months. One month I'll make $10,000-$15,000, then I'll have three slow months, like last October, November, and December.

But now I have my own apartment in a nice area. I've really turned my life around. I work from home, can set my own schedule, and have no bosses.

Really, you CAN fix this. You have so many opportunities right now, but you're so frustrated and thinking that THIS job is the only one for you to do to take care of your family.

I have a friend who was in a horrible job and got really sick because it drained on him. He determined his health was much better than a job, so he was able to leave. God took care of Him (and I helped, cause he's a great guy), but he found his dream job three months later.

Your family will understand. You might struggle for a few months, but nothing is going to change at your work. It will ALWAYS be like that and you're going to to get worse and worse.

You have three choices:
1) Stay there and use the extra income to try and start your own business.
2) Quit and find something better.
3) Stay and be stressed out and on the verge of a breakdown every day.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Girl I know how you feel, i work an office job but thank god its 5 hours a day.,,,it makes me want to stay in school... And I'm by myself in the office , its weird just being in front of a cpu for 5 hours...

I'm not a worker ant..I need to move about.

So I get it.

I was defintely close to having an anxiety something.

Thanks and yes, this!!! I've noticed so many people are worker ants/ bees it doesn't make them crazy, me it does. And myn is 8.5 hours a day M-F. If it was 5 hours or a little less it wouldn't be so bad but everyday for the entire day it feels awful.

Upvote 0

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
OK, checked the other thread, seems to me you are bettering your situation, and that you are more on top of that than many. I was going to suggest you do something similar to what you do, but do it online, but you are already working at that, so, yeah, hate to say it but isn't "hang in there" about all you can do?

In the other thread you said you have nothing to look forward to, and that BTW, is huge in cases like this, but it seems to me you do have something to look forward to. I think part of the problem is, you know you can do better, but it's not happening fast enough. Someone that might have settled with what they have may not have your problems or not as extensively. Maybe that's a tiny part of the price for success?

I suppose you can better yourself by doing what you already know you have to...make the other business work as soon as physically and mentally possible. The problem is, as you say, even at the pace you are going, it's getting to you. Catch 22.

Basically I agree with u. Btw for everyone I mean what can I do to not mentally breakdown before I make this business work? @ bettercallpaul And I apologize for my complaining on CF lol I mean what else do hopeless people do they look for something, anything with a possible answer. That's what I'm trying to do.

Upvote 0

Angeleyes7715

Dec 13, 2015
US
✟90,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Apostolic
Marital Status
In Relationship
some people do 12 hour shifts. I don't know how they do it though.
They A) don't have a business and probably spend the rest of their day doing nothing but eating and watching TV B) they don't have clinical depression and anxiety C) They don't have a call center job D) they may be like my bf and work 3 12 hour shifts and off the rest of the week E) they have no hobbies or goals other than a paycheck F) They don't have health problems G) They have friends H) They medicate with alcohol and or marijuana and party all weekend I) they are on antidepressants or anxiety meds like my coworkers

Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟328,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
some people do 12 hour shifts. I don't know how they do it though.

Some do 7 day 12 hour shifts then get 7 days off. How kewl is that. And some crazy ones use those 7 days off to work 7 more days of 12 hour shifts....so sick.

Upvote 0