• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

how can i be sure about these things?

Kostilaks

Aug 24, 2018
Macedonia
✟72,424.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have ocd and I pray to the Generic God due to ocd who is different than Christian God. I was doing well the last days, there were thoughts without my will in my head but I was fast praying to the Generic God and tell Him to absolve me from these thoughts.

I was in a supermarket days ago, and there was a product that I wanted to buy but ocd was giving me worries about bying it.

one day, I bought it but some seconds later, I do not remember what I was thinking exactly or why. I ended up with my ocd saying stuff like

ocd: buy the product you took but do not buy again the same product.

and the next days, I was avoiding even passing from that shelf. today, I was forced to pass due to some obstacles and there is a chance that my clothes touched that product, I even turned around and saw the product to see if I accidentally touched with my clothes. and ocd went like

ocd: oh no! what have you done? you must remember what your thoughts without your will were made days ago about this product. are you sure they were thoughts without your will? what if you accidentally made a promise with your will not to touch or buy or think or see about that product? maybe you were careless, maybe you made a promise with your will for whatever reason.

I do not remember. I remember having some thoughts without my will in my head like "must not buy that product again" but I do not remember what else or for what reason. I am almost sure they were thoughts without my will but my ocd is telling me

ocd: maybe they were thoughts without your will but maybe they became valid because you used them as an excuse in order not to do an ocd compulsion.

can you pray for me? the last 2 months, I was having many similar cases of ocd and I ended up worrying but in the end I was calming down because I could remember that they were thoughts without my will. now I remember nothing and ocd is taking advantage of it. the worrying part is that many times some words without my will are being accompanied with my thoughts without my will and that's why I am getting worried.

• Prayers
Reactions: JustRachel

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
You do not have to create some "generic" God and subtitute it for "christian" God etc.

There is only one true God, so you can just pray to Him as such.

Christianity just recognizes some of His more specific aspects, namely His Son, Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

Robin Mauro

Sep 11, 2018
North San Juan
✟27,401.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have ocd and I pray to the Generic God due to ocd who is different than Christian God. I was doing well the last days, there were thoughts without my will in my head but I was fast praying to the Generic God and tell Him to absolve me from these thoughts.

I was in a supermarket days ago, and there was a product that I wanted to buy but ocd was giving me worries about bying it.

one day, I bought it but some seconds later, I do not remember what I was thinking exactly or why. I ended up with my ocd saying stuff like

ocd: buy the product you took but do not buy again the same product.

and the next days, I was avoiding even passing from that shelf. today, I was forced to pass due to some obstacles and there is a chance that my clothes touched that product, I even turned around and saw the product to see if I accidentally touched with my clothes. and ocd went like

ocd: oh no! what have you done? you must remember what your thoughts without your will were made days ago about this product. are you sure they were thoughts without your will? what if you accidentally made a promise with your will not to touch or buy or think or see about that product? maybe you were careless, maybe you made a promise with your will for whatever reason.

I do not remember. I remember having some thoughts without my will in my head like "must not buy that product again" but I do not remember what else or for what reason. I am almost sure they were thoughts without my will but my ocd is telling me

ocd: maybe they were thoughts without your will but maybe they became valid because you used them as an excuse in order not to do an ocd compulsion.

can you pray for me? the last 2 months, I was having many similar cases of ocd and I ended up worrying but in the end I was calming down because I could remember that they were thoughts without my will. now I remember nothing and ocd is taking advantage of it. the worrying part is that many times some words without my will are being accompanied with my thoughts without my will and that's why I am getting worried.
There is a scripture that tells us to bring every thought into submission.
There is no generic God. There is one God. If you want help, you need to acknowlege Him, confess your sins, and accept Jesus Christ as your savior.

Upvote 0