Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And what of the artificial heart, which really is just a blood pump and no more; how would a person's brain train that to work like a normal heart in this sense, when they aren't even that great as a blood pump compared to a real heart?
The bottom line is that God wrote the Christian's name down when he got saved.

Now he's guaranteed a place in Heaven with Him!

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
The bottom line is that God wrote the Christian's name down when he got saved.

Now he's guaranteed a place in Heaven with Him!
Then why do you care if talking about the heart is used figuratively or literally in the bible?

Also, what about people that deconvert, aren't they no longer saved? By that premise, if you think a literal heart connection with Jesus is necessary, you should think that people with artificial hearts are pretty much doomed.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Also, what about people that deconvert, aren't they no longer saved?
Once saved, always saved.

It's called eternal security.

John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Once saved, always saved.

It's called eternal security.

John 5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.
So an atheist with an artificial heart would be doomed then, since they would be unable to form this heart connection with Jesus, is that what you are saying?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So an atheist with an artificial heart would be doomed then, since they would be unable to form this heart connection with Jesus, is that what you are saying?
Hoo boy. :doh:

Upvote 0

Bugeyedcreepy

Jun 7, 2016
Canberra, Australia
✟88,248.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Nope. But I know one. I was in His house last night. You should try it.
If the evidence ever comes to light that verified the right specific God, that there's an afterlife, and the appropriate way to pay appreciations, I'll reassess my position.
Never said it was magic.
I did though. Feel free to call it a miracle if you feel better about it, but it is still magic. You're positing a fiat creation of a species, like a Jackalope, just because. That isn't natural... Unless you mean created via the natural process of evolution?
I subscribe to no such sophomoric nonsense.
If, as you say, your God can do whatever he wants whenever he wants, such as creating a species in the middle of all the other species with all the tell-tale signs it was evolved along with everything else living on this planet, then you do, by definition, accept that position.
You'd have a better understanding of what I say if you paid attention sometimes. Science is the study or the natural world around us. It is not dependent on theories of origins.
Sure, Practice of the Scientific Method isn't bound by the results of a previous practice of the scientific method... whatever that means... I think perhaps you've missed the point. the Theory of Evolution is the RESULT of the practice of the scientific method. The exact same Scientific Method that led to all the comforts and conveniences you enjoy today, is what has revealed Evolution to be the most well-founded theory in all of science. Incidentally, the medical sciences rely quite heavily on the Theory of Evolution, whether you accept that fact or not.
No, we found genetic commonalities and you made assumptions. Granted, a great deal of speciation would have had to occur after the Great Flood to account for all the species that exist today, but there are processes for that. We call that adaptation. It's a conservative process.
Even if you were right about there ever having been a worldwide flood involving a bottleneck of every species on the planet around 4,000 years ago, 'Adaptation' that crosses generations, is by definition Evolution.
My God doesn't lie. I'll not comment on yours.
I don't have one - I'm not convinced there are any Gods, afterlife or the supernatural as it pertains to religion and spirituality. I'm open to the evidence, of course...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Was my comment stupid somehow? If you believe that Jesus literally interacts with someone's heart to form a connection with them, it would make perfect sense that a person with an unnatural heart could be unable to form this connection, since artificial hearts are literally just mediocre blood pumps.

Not an issue if you consider the heart stuff non-literal.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Not an issue if you consider the heart stuff non-literal.
Let's go over this again, Sarah.

Since you're acting like you're seeking after the truth, I'll act like I'm interested in repeating it.

For the second time:

If you are born again, your name is written down in Heaven.

I don't care if later you get a new heart from an atheist, or get an artificial heart from Hasbro ... your name is written down in Heaven, and when you die, you'll go there.

On the flip side, if someone is an atheist, and he receives a heart transplant from a born again Christian, it will not change his destiny until his name is written down in Heaven.

Make sense?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A mousetrap with some pieces missing is still functional as a tie clip.
That's nice.

And how many mice can this reducibly-complex mousetrap catch in a year's time?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A bacterial flagellum can't catch any mice,
Nor can it clip my tie to my shirt.

So could we ... maybe ... stick to the point at hand?

I say a mousetrap can't be plutoed and still catch mice; thus it is irreducibly complex.

What say you?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So obviously an irreducibly complex system is not defined by what it does.
And I'm Genghis Khan.

Ask a four year old what a mousetrap is designed to catch. :doh:

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,907,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ask a four year old if there is no function in the entire universe other than catching mice.
Ask 75,000,000 Europeans that.

Maybe that's why the Bubonic plague was so widespread.

Scientists were importing tie clips instead of mouse traps.

Upvote 0